TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shift knob

SGT

I am a newbie to this form and was wondering if anybody has bought a new shift knob. I was looking at the shift knob from Shelby and I liked it but I went with the black Hurst knob because there is so much black in the car. So I was wondering if I made a good decision with going with the black instead of the Shelby knob. :unsure:

I am a newbie to this form and was wondering if anybody has bought a new shift knob. I was looking at the shift knob from Shelby and I liked it but I went with the black Hurst knob because there is so much black in the car. So I was wondering if I made a good decision with going with the black instead of the Shelby knob. :unsure:

Why not? It's your car and I tend to agree. You have the old one don't you? If ever it's an issue, should you sell it etc., you can simply include the old knob. :)

Are these "black" shift knobs available and where do you get them?

I kind of like the old school ball, but I've thought of really going old school lol I used to always run the Hurst TBar with the finger slots I've considered putting one on the Shelby. I know alot of folks are treating these things with kid gloves, but lets face it if these cars do indeed become collectors and I sincerely hope they do, it won't be for 20 - 30 years. I say make it the way you like it and enjoy. :)

You are not allowed to modify ANYTHING about your car. I guess you didn't read the sub-supplemental handbook fine print that is only visible under a black light wearing IR glasses. I quote "If you modify or personalize anything abot your Shelby GT not only will you forever be branded a fart-knocker in the official Shelby GT registry kept by Shelby Automobiles Inc. but a dart will shoot from your steering wheel once the modification is detected striking you in the upper part of your torso which contains a poison causing your eyeballs to sweat profusely and thusly never alowing you to drive the Shelby GT again!"

It's you car. Have fun with it! :D

I think one of the best features of my SGT is the all black interior with the "white" knob and I've had numerous people tell me the same.

I might be a little weird but I love the white shifter knob, the faux hood scoop, the sound of the exhaust and luckily my stripes are perfect. I am not changing a thing (well, I did have the windows tinted today). But, to each his own. :)

Archived