TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Hood Pins - Part 2

Crucible

I just finished reading all the posts about the after-market hood pins offered by Shelby and I figured to start a new post because if I added my response to the last post, nobody would see it.

When I ordered my billet hood pins from Shelby, I was told the first set of kits they got in had the embossed Shelby on them and thats not how they ordered them from their supplier so the number of embossed kits are limited.

The holes lined up just fine. I had to file the passenger side hole in the hood a bit to allow the post to align with the billet plate. The tolerance is a lot tighter than on the origional equipment.

The post and pin are also machined billet and the cable has a clear plastic cover over the swival that attaches to the pin ring (nice touch).

I ALSO HAVE THE BILLET HOOD PINS WITH SHELBY ON THEM AND LOOK GREAT ON THE CAR.

HOWEVER THE INSTALL WAS MORE THAN I EXPECTED I SAME ISSUE AS CRUCIBLE AND THE REASON AFTER CLOSE INSPECTION IS THE WORD SHELBY IS ON THE SIDE THAT FACES THE DRIVER THEN PINS WORK FINE BUT LOOK DUMB. SO A LITTLE MOD WORK NEEDS TO BE DONE IN ORDER FOR THEN TO WORK WELL. THEN OTHER THING IS A BELIEVE THE PINS WERE MADE FOR OTHER THAN THE FACTORY FORD HOOD MAYBE HERTZ HOOD OR KR HOOD I THINK THOSE HOOD ARE FLATER THAN THE STOCK HOOD MAKING IT EASIER TO HAVE A THICK BILLET PLATE.

SHELBYGUY

I ALSO HAVE THE BILLET HOOD PINS WITH SHELBY ON THEM AND LOOK GREAT ON THE CAR.

HOWEVER THE INSTALL WAS MORE THAN I EXPECTED I SAME ISSUE AS CRUCIBLE AND THE REASON AFTER CLOSE INSPECTION IS THE WORD SHELBY IS ON THE SIDE THAT FACES THE DRIVER THEN PINS WORK FINE BUT LOOK DUMB. SO A LITTLE MOD WORK NEEDS TO BE DONE IN ORDER FOR THEN TO WORK WELL. THEN OTHER THING IS A BELIEVE THE PINS WERE MADE FOR OTHER THAN THE FACTORY FORD HOOD MAYBE HERTZ HOOD OR KR HOOD I THINK THOSE HOOD ARE FLATER THAN THE STOCK HOOD MAKING IT EASIER TO HAVE A THICK BILLET PLATE.

SHELBYGUY

So let me get this straight, to install them as designed, everything lines up BUT THE "SHELBY" FACES THE DRIVER?

and to install them "correctly" you have to doctor the part yourself to have the "Shelby" face front?

....all for $104.95?

I just finished reading all the posts about the after-market hood pins offered by Shelby and I figured to start a new post because if I added my response to the last post, nobody would see it.

When I ordered my billet hood pins from Shelby, I was told the first set of kits they got in had the embossed Shelby on them and thats not how they ordered them from their supplier so the number of embossed kits are limited.

The holes lined up just fine. I had to file the passenger side hole in the hood a bit to allow the post to align with the billet plate. The tolerance is a lot tighter than on the origional equipment.

The post and pin are also machined billet and the cable has a clear plastic cover over the swival that attaches to the pin ring (nice touch).

"maybe thats not how they ordered them"....because the Shelby is supposed to be on the other side?

and will eventually be corrected once all the incorrect inventory is depleted!?!

So let me get this straight, to install them as designed, everything lines up BUT THE "SHELBY" FACES THE DRIVER?

and to install them "correctly" you have to doctor the part yourself to have the "Shelby" face front?

....all for $104.95?

"maybe thats not how they ordered them"....because the Shelby is supposed to be on the other side?

and will eventually be corrected once all the incorrect inventory is depleted!?!

YES, THIS IS WHAT I EXPERIENCED

SHELBYGUY

....all for $104.95?

Yes I too believe you are correct. Once that inventory is sold the "new" corrected plates & pins will fit without consumer modification. I'll wait, no need to play Mickey Mouse on this car-

I don't know what you're talking about. I had no trouble with the location of the embossed Shelby. I put the label to the front - the holes lined up - and I screwed it down. I had to use the shorter screws from the original hood pin plate because the longer screws that come with the billet plate project into the inner sheet metal of the hoold and when drawn down, flex the hood concave.

I'll take some pics of mine and post later.

Archived