TEAM SHELBY FORUM

130MPH

frankieboo69

I finally got up the nads to go past 100 yesturday , i hit 130mph and then slowed up real fast (CHP can inpound if going over 100mph and suspend lic. for 6 months)

But it was unbelievably fun what a RUSH!!!!!!!!! B)

I did that on the Arizona freeway last weekend as well. Thank God when I finally slowed down to 75 a DPS (State Police Car) was sitting in the median. Whooo! :o

I finally got up the nads to go past 100 yesturday , i hit 130mph and then slowed up real fast (CHP can inpound if going over 100mph and suspend lic. for 6 months)

But it was unbelievably fun what a RUSH!!!!!!!!! B)

It is a rush - but be carefull! It's for this very reason that I have driver safety course to look froward to when I get back to the states.

I got pulled over Sunday doing 54 in a 35 around the corner from my house. I was numbing it and next thing I know blue lights. He was cool and came back to the car and said slow it down please and let me go. That sh*t never happens to me. Must be lucky ;)

I got pulled over Sunday doing 54 in a 35 around the corner from my house. I was numbing it and next thing I know blue lights. He was cool and came back to the car and said slow it down please and let me go. That sh*t never happens to me. Must be lucky ;)

Anyone exceed 130? Do I hear 140?

when you were doing 130 was that in 4th or 5th gear?

130 i was at the end or close to the end of 4th.

I buried the speedo once.

The broken center lines became a solid stripe........................................ :)

Disclaimer:

1am no other traffic for miles and miles, just me an open highway and a full moon to light my way.

Please drive responsivly...............

Auto !!!!!!! I didnt want to get the manual and have to shift in town , i know normally a manual is more fun but with the pony's and handling in these Shelby's its not necessary ! I get screech's in 2nd when i start in drive without haveng to change through the gears. And when you shift it manualy with the 5speed auto its unbelievably fun!!!!!!!!! B)

At 130, was it still pulling?? I hope so...my 86 RX-7 did 126...

yeah it was trying to keep going , i had to pry my foot of the pedal , i dont know how fast it would have gone but i gaurantee they will bury the speedo with no prob. 130 was fast enough for me atleast for now!!!!! B)

Just knowing it will do 145 is good enough for me. I had a 911 once that would do 165 but I never verified that either! Maybe someday I'll get an opportunity to get it out on a big race track and try it. It just ain't gonna happen here in CT, where my average MPH is 24.

The car will exceed 130mph and given enough time to overcome the "wall", it will exceed 140mph as well.

I was on a 2 mile straight stretch early one Sunday morning doing 140 and although the car had stopped accelerating quickly, it was still climbing in speed. I came off a hill into a ~2 mile bottom that is perfectly flat and then it stops by going up another hill. I backed out due to a car coming over the upcoming hill and 140 is pretty dang fast as it is. I was able to hit 140 in a little over a mile but then a had a little launch off the initial hill too. Started at 60 mph, came down the hill and floored it.

IMO the car needs another 100 hp but that's just my opinion.

Hell......I do about 118 bouncing the rev limiter out of 3rd!!! Hard to believe ya'll have this car and even know what 5th gear is!!! But I do commend ya'll for babying her....I just can't help it! I found that I get about 13.6 mpg when I keep the revs up at abot 3800 so I never get out of 3rd.....But to answer the question of 130....yes......140.....yes.......155.....power off! I need say more?........

Hell......I do about 118 bouncing the rev limiter out of 3rd!!! Hard to believe ya'll have this car and even know what 5th gear is!!! But I do commend ya'll for babying her....I just can't help it! I found that I get about 13.6 mpg when I keep the revs up at abot 3800 so I never get out of 3rd.....But to answer the question of 130....yes......140.....yes.......155.....power off! I need say more?........

Moral of the story is we should all put 373 or 410 gears in and have power we can use!

You know as we race from gas station to gas station LOL!

The car will exceed 130mph and given enough time to overcome the "wall", it will exceed 140mph as well.

I was on a 2 mile straight stretch early one Sunday morning doing 140 and although the car had stopped accelerating quickly, it was still climbing in speed. I came off a hill into a ~2 mile bottom that is perfectly flat and then it stops by going up another hill. I backed out due to a car coming over the upcoming hill and 140 is pretty dang fast as it is. I was able to hit 140 in a little over a mile but then a had a little launch off the initial hill too. Started at 60 mph, came down the hill and floored it.

IMO the car needs another 100 hp but that's just my opinion.

Now Stump that is best thing I have EVER heard you say! "quote: "IMO the car needs another 100 hp but that's just my opinion". No Stump that is everybody's opinion they are just affraid to say it because they think once they do they have to spend more money or realize that their car is NOT everything they thought it

was! :lol:

that is everybody's opinion they are just affraid to say it because they think once they do they have to spend more money or realize that their car is NOT everything they thought it

was! :lol:

+1

i think however i can live with my 319 or so horsepower and driver her slow. she sure does like the looks she gets and i kindof do too. :D

Archived