TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Flowmasters on my SGT

DreamRide

Hey, Ed, would you say these sound much better than the stock SGT exhaust? Did you do any before/after dyno test to see any hp gain?

I would have to say yes. :)

No before or after test but, I'm thinking your probably not going to see much if any hp gain. For me , it gives it more of a muscle car sound. It also has the growl all thru the rpm's where as the GTA's get quiet then growl then quiet then growl or you have to have more foot in it to hear them. These you hear all the time so you know they are there, if you know what i mean. :)

Too Cool,

Nice Drive-bys

CLINK

Thanks,

Im going to make a better one but, i told you guy's and girl's i would have one posted and did not want to disappoint ya...........

I would have to say yes. :)

No before or after test but, I'm thinking your probably not going to see much if any hp gain. For me , it gives it more of a muscle car sound. It also has the growl all thru the rpm's where as the GTA's get quiet then growl then quiet then growl or you have to have more foot in it to hear them. These you hear all the time so you know they are there, if you know what i mean. :)

Thanks,

Im going to make a better one but, i told you guy's and girl's i would have one posted and did not want to disappoint ya...........

You're the man Ed! Sounds great. B)

Make sure your volume is up. I was out of town today but put this together tonight so its a rough cut. Being video, the sound is not 100% of what it sounds like in person but, I love um. :)

Its mpeg video for good quality, so be pataint when downloading. It will take a few minutes.

Flowmaster's Video

what? no burnout? j/k :P

Thanx Ed !!!!!!!! B)

I was considering getting some flowmasters on mine but i read afew days back from someones post that there neibor got a Shelby and put them on his and they didnt sound that much better that his without them, I think he was jelouse of his neibor and didnt want to admit they were better!

Nice Video and I think if they sound that good on video they are a big improvement!!!

Like you said they dont growl all the time unless you lay on the pedal! ;)

Thanx Ed !!!!!!!! B)

I was considering getting some flowmasters on mine but i read afew days back from someones post that there neibor got a Shelby and put them on his and they didnt sound that much better that his without them, I think he was jelouse of his neibor and didnt want to admit they were better!

Nice Video and I think if they sound that good on video they are a big improvement!!!

Like you said they dont growl all the time unless you lay on the pedal! ;)

No problem................ :)

THAT is a dang good post.

The JBA's with the long tube headers sound fantastic! My favorite by far.

The MAC's sound pretty good but it seems there is a lot of interior resonance.

The Mac's sound good but, you will find that with alot of the after market, there is alot of "Drone" at around 2,000rpm. I had the Mac's on the Gt i had before the SGT and they were unbareable at the around that rpm. :blink:

The Mac's sound good but, you will find that with alot of the after market, there is alot of "Drone" at around 2,000rpm. I had the Mac's on the Gt i had before the SGT and they were unbareable at the around that rpm. :blink:

I'm trying to find something to give the Shelby the old school muscle sound without totally reworking the exhaust. Normally FLowmasters or just 18" glasspacks would work but this freaking Mustang is driving me nuts with the X-pipe and all. That JBA is the closest I've heard yet!

I wonder what kind of interior drone there is?

The MAC's were L-O-U-D on the inside in one of those posts. I can deal with a little rumble but that was deafening!.... :blink: They did sound good out the back though.

I'm trying to find something to give the Shelby the old school muscle sound without totally reworking the exhaust. Normally FLowmasters or just 18" glasspacks would work but this freaking Mustang is driving me nuts with the X-pipe and all. That JBA is the closest I've heard yet!

I wonder what kind of interior drone there is?

The MAC's were L-O-U-D on the inside in one of those posts. I can deal with a little rumble but that was deafening!.... :blink: They did sound good out the back though.

I think the big difference is where they are mounted. They are at the very rear of the car as opposed to say in the middle where we all used to have them on our older cars. I wonder if you installed mufflers (Not alot of room) under the midway of the car and ran regular exhaust pipe out the back?

Thinking out loud........ :)

I think the big difference is where they are mounted. They are at the very rear of the car as opposed to say in the middle where we all used to have them on our older cars. I wonder if you installed mufflers (Not alot of room) under the midway of the car and ran regular exhaust pipe out the back?

Thinking out loud........ :)

I was wondering that myself.

If you have ever seen the movie "Gone in 60 seconds" that is the sound I'm going for, the sound on the 500E. When he did the jump scene I paused the TV and he is running true duals with no cats through what appears to be 24" glass packs which turn out the side of the car. I was wondering is installing two packs under the car - assuming there is room - instead of at the rear of the car would sound good? I'm still doing research to see if the X pipe is necessary and it appears on newer cars it is. I always liked dumps right before the axle but that would put too much sound in the car and the Misses says that's a no-no. *Sigh*, ultimately it is her car.

Of course I later found out they recorded another 500E and then spliced it into the movie so that may not be the way to go either. :rolleyes:

The JBA's seem to come close to that sound.

I was wondering that myself.

If you have ever seen the movie "Gone in 60 seconds" that is the sound I'm going for, the sound on the 500E. When he did the jump scene I paused the TV and he is running true duals with no cats through what appears to be 24" glass packs which turn out the side of the car. I was wondering is installing two packs under the car - assuming there is room - instead of at the rear of the car would sound good? I'm still doing research to see if the X pipe is necessary and it appears on newer cars it is. I always liked dumps right before the axle but that would put too much sound in the car and the Misses says that's a no-no. *Sigh*, ultimately it is her car.

Of course I later found out they recorded another 500E and then spliced it into the movie so that may not be the way to go either. :rolleyes:

The JBA's seem to come close to that sound.

You also have to remember that it did not have a 4.6 3v motor in it. These 3v have a sound all there own and i dont think you will ever get it exactly but close?

Thanx Ed ,

I had origanal 40's put on my baby on weds. sounds great !! sorry guys no video ( no dvd camcorder im still in the 8track catagory on that one vhc only) But i will say that they sound even better live than on video like Ed had stated !!!!!!!!!! :D

Right on man !!!!

:)

Archived