TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Thumbs Up Today

Took the Shelby GT on a cruise today. As usual, someone lingered right behind me in the other lane, then came up even with me on the interstate, and gave me a thumbs up with a big smile. Usually the occupants are driving a Ford product, or at least a sporty sedan, but this couple were in a four door Nissan. Yes, I sure enjoy driving this car. Turned over the 1,000 mile mark on my odometer on this ride. The interstate ramp is just about the favorite part of the trip!

Took the Shelby GT on a cruise today. As usual, someone lingered right behind me in the other lane, then came up even with me on the interstate, and gave me a thumbs up with a big smile. Usually the occupants are driving a Ford product, or at least a sporty sedan, but this couple were in a four door Nissan. Yes, I sure enjoy driving this car. Turned over the 1,000 mile mark on my odometer on this ride. The interstate ramp is just about the favorite part of the trip!

Im with ya there. Took a friend of mine to pick up a car he's going to hotrod and the ride was about an hour and a half, people would look like there going to pass and slow down and eye the car, speed up, slow down, smile and thumbs up. What is really cool is when there is a young kid in the car and they just stare and smile. I am hoping that kid is dreaming, "Some Day", "Some Day". :)

I've never been too much of a muscle car guy, even though I'm a NASCAR fan. Porshe, Mercedes Benz, sure. Then, just over a year ago I was going to a race in Bristol, Tennessee and rented a GT-H in Charlotte. The thing that amazed me was peoples' reactions to this car! Up and down the interstate I was given the "thumbs up" sign over and over again (I realize we're talking about North Carolina and Tennessee here, so I'm sure the effect was multiplied significantly). At the race I was a superhero. Crowds of gawkers with tons of questions (<bleep> Hertz badge!). I was hooked. I went to the Bristol race again last month, rented a vert this time, I swallowed the line and sinker. Please tell SAI to hurry!

I've never been too much of a muscle car guy, even though I'm a NASCAR fan. Porshe, Mercedes Benz, sure. Then, just over a year ago I was going to a race in Bristol, Tennessee and rented a GT-H in Charlotte. The thing that amazed me was peoples' reactions to this car! Up and down the interstate I was given the "thumbs up" sign over and over again (I realize we're talking about North Carolina and Tennessee here, so I'm sure the effect was multiplied significantly). At the race I was a superhero. Crowds of gawkers with tons of questions (<bleep> Hertz badge!). I was hooked. I went to the Bristol race again last month, rented a vert this time, I swallowed the line and sinker. Please tell SAI to hurry!

:)

Right on strawman!

It's worse when the thumbs up comes from a state trooper who follows right on you tail for several miles, then swings out to pass and give you the thumbs up!! But yes-it is really cool when you get that reaction or young kids yelling sweet car as you pass by. It is definitely an attention getter. B)

Yeah sure the thumbs up is cool but wait until you get the "middle finger" up!

THEN you know you have a nice ride! :lol::lol:

+1....... :lol:

I love the reactions people give me even when they say "you should of bought the Shelby GT500"

I just tell them the "Shelby GT500" is as much shelby as the Harley Davidson f-series is a Harley Davidson.

Kind of shuts them up.

+1....... :lol:

I love the reactions people give me even when they say "you should of bought the Shelby GT500"

I just tell them the "Shelby GT500" is as much shelby as the Harley Davidson f-series is a Harley Davidson.

Kind of shuts them up.

Yeah good one. It reminds me of an incident two years back when I needed a replacement brake pedal on my 2003 F-150 Harley Edition truck. It was a warranty item. The parts counter guy told me (in a straight face) that the part was gonna take a while because the part came directly from Harley-Davidson in Milwaukee. I couldn't resist so I questioned him ....WHY did a TRUCK brake pedal come from Harley ????...His answer... " All the Harley parts on the Harley trucks come from Harley-Davidson..."

:blink: "Yep, he actually believed it !

:blink:

That FORD dealership is no longerin business. They closed about a year ago.

It never gets old, never. The attention the car gets is like the 360 Modena my friend has, that car gets the MAX looks and they know your a multimillionaire when your driving that thing. But that being said I get the same or more looks in my $40K Shelby GT, everybody just drolls especially now that I have the 20" chrome razors with the GT500 spoiler, too cool-

The best thumbs up i got going down the freeway was from a couple driving a brand new porche carera convertible didnt even have the plates yet and neither did I !!! they drove on the side of me and my wife for a few miles yelling nice car and staring!!! My wife and I felt like we were on top of the world. B)

<bleep> I Love My Shelby!!!!!!!!!

(what i cant say D-A-M-N ???)

Archived