TEAM SHELBY FORUM

lower grille

garth

Aodwyer,

What's the latest on your attempts to fabricate your own lower grille? I'm debating whether or not to buy the Shelby lower grille to match the upper I have, or to go for a black mesh custom job. Any progress on making your own from the extra upper grille you bought?

Aodwyer,

What's the latest on your attempts to fabricate your own lower grille? I'm debating whether or not to buy the Shelby lower grille to match the upper I have, or to go for a black mesh custom job. Any progress on making your own from the extra upper grille you bought?

Before my car arrived and as a result of my request for a lower CS grille denied, I had ordered my own upper CS/6 grille and a backup lower black SGT grille. I was going to make my own lower grille with the upper one. In the event I messed that up, I would have installed the lower SGT black grille as a backup just to have something to protect the tranny cooler. When my car arrived with a lower black SGT grille installed, I decided to leave it as is. I am happy with the look and since it came that way from SAI, it will stay that way. Therefore, I returned my upper grille and kept the lower grille (in case the existing one gets chipped from rocks).

If SAI decides to make a lower CS grille down the road, I may purchase one.

BTW, nothing negative where I said "denied" above. I asked SAI for enough things that got approved and am grateful. They said no to this request and all I can say is at least I asked.

Thanks for asking Garth. I have pics of my grille in my picasa site in my sig (click on any of the links).

Post pics of your car when you finish.

Archived