TEAM SHELBY FORUM

"SHELBY" stamped exhaust tips???

ShelbyCobra826

Never seen this before. They are shown in front of a picture of a black SGT as if they come standard on it or something. Interesting.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005-2008-M...1QQcmdZViewItem

Sent a quick question to the seller, and I'll let you know if they respond:

Who makes these? I have a 2007 Shelby GT (like the one in your picture), and it comes standard with the Ford Racing Performance Parts (FRPP) mufflers, which do not have "SHELBY" stamped in them. Didn't see these on www.shelbyperformanceparts.com either. Just wondering.

Never seen this before. They are shown in front of a picture of a black SGT as if they come standard on it or something. Interesting.

Who makes these? I have a 2007 Shelby GT (like the one in your picture), and it comes standard with the Ford Racing Performance Parts (FRPP) mufflers, which do not have "SHELBY" stamped in them. Didn't see these on www.shelbyperformanceparts.com either. Just wondering.

THESE ARE FROM SHELBY PERFORMANCE PARTS, THEY ARE AN AD ON FOR ALL MUSTANGS AND SGT'S. :D

I REALLY don't need any more stuff that says "SHELBY" except maybe the faux gas cap other than that I think I'm good! Thanks! Or as Jack Nicholson said "Go sell crazy someplace else, we're all full here". <_<

I REALLY don't need any more stuff that says "SHELBY" except maybe the faux gas cap other than that I think I'm good! Thanks! Or as Jack Nicholson said "Go sell crazy someplace else, we're all full here". <_<

+1 Maybe its the picture but the quality doesn't look that good to me. Just something else to confuse people.

Dave

They are on the SPP site:

http://www.shelbyperformanceparts.com/Show...ust%20tips.aspx

However, under the application portion its not listing the SGT. It does have the Mustang Gt and GT500 listed though. The parts normally list the SGT in addition to the Mustang GT. So Im thinking they wont fit our cars.

They do look cheep and agree my car doesnt need anything else Shelby on it....atleast not until I get the stripes they tried cheating me out of and ive been waiting patiently for.

They are on the SPP site:

http://www.shelbyperformanceparts.com/Show...ust%20tips.aspx

However, under the application portion its not listing the SGT. It does have the Mustang Gt and GT500 listed though. The parts normally list the SGT in addition to the Mustang GT. So Im thinking they wont fit our cars.

They do look cheep and agree my car doesnt need anything else Shelby on it....atleast not until I get the stripes they tried cheating me out of and ive been waiting patiently for.

Hey, did you ever find out what the REAL story was with the stripes?

You guys are right, they are on SPP. I usually filter the results for the 2007 SGT, so I had not seen these. FYI, the seller responded:

Hello, We too have a 07 Shelby GT and the tips on it are not the same as these as you have probably noticed the Shelby GT tips do not say Shelby on the in of the tip as these do. We are a Shelby Performance parts dealer and these tips are on the web site and in the catalog - as the listing states these are for the Mustang GT exhause system - not the Shelby GT - no reason to change something as nice as the originals on the Shelby GT.

Thanks

- m10987

Agreed, though; would not switch out my tips as it already says "SHELBY" on the sides (rocker panel), rear (deck lid) and inside (dash plaque, plus my SPP map light accent). Maybe across the front of the hood like on the 1968 models, but then I'd have something else to wax around...

Agreed, though; would not switch out my tips as it already says "SHELBY" on the sides (rocker panel), rear (deck lid) and inside (dash plaque, plus my SPP map light accent). Maybe across the front of the hood like on the 1968 models, but then I'd have something else to wax around...

How about a big "Shelby" banner on the front windshield as well as the back.

Hey, did you ever find out what the REAL story was with the stripes?

Nope never found out the whole story. When I asked about a delivery inspection, the dealer said "yes we do those, but im not sure if we would of caught it."

One of the only reasons im not too worried about it not coming with them is cause ive seen pictures of SAI with cars missing those stripes and having all the others. Its almost as if they put those stripes on at another time in the assembly.

Ill probably get the stripes at the same time the dealer gets me the 600 bucks he owes me. After I take him to small claims court, unless they start to return calls and get me my freakin stripes.

Heck, with as long as its taking I might ask them to throw in a SC. haha

Archived