TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Save AFBLUE's SGT

mywickedshelby

Ok, I know we cant buy AFBLUE's house (at least I cant) and we cant buy him an SGT, but since many of us have sung the praises of what he stands for and how proud we are of him for doing it.....

why dont we take a collection for him to try and help him thru this difficult time and help him keep his SGT dream alive......

Maybe we can all STAND UP NOW FOR WHAT WE SAY MAKES US PROUD and give a little help.....

I for one would be willing to send a check to someone honest that we trust.....lets say Michael Morris.

And I am sure MM can get the $$ to AFBLUE....or pay his car payment with it.

WAIT, HOLD EVERYTHING, I JUST SAID HONEST AND MENTIONED A DEALER IN THE SAME SENTENCE, LOOKING OUT FOR THE LIGHTNING!!!!!!! :huh:

But I digress,

lets get as many people on board, any contribution you can make (understanding we all have our own crosses to bear.....so to speak) and figure out a way to help AFBLUE.

what do you say my fellow Shelby Forum brothers and sisters?

Wow what a shame. AF is a very good person with strong morals, I too would be in line for doing something to help him. After all he is the only US Service person I know who is part of the Shelby family and he is risking his life for our democracy and saftey. I am completely bummed by this issue. I hope he gets his house sold ASAP. B)

I just got the e-mail advising of this issue but cannot find the string that describes what has gone wrong with AFBLUE. Mywickedshelby hit the nail on the head by saying that it may be the time we back up our words with some action to help. Can someone send me the string? Thanks in advance for that. Jim

Ok. Stop this thread right freaking now!

I really appreciate your sentiments. It's quite humbling. I feel honored.

But I'm ok financialy. I can still get the car. I will just have to get a car loan now.

I'm the type of person that would rather do without than go in debt. I had saved enough money to buy the car, but my unsold house out in Nebraska has decimated my mustang fund (Thank God I had the money in the first place). Looks like I will have to go to plan B (car loan). Did I mention I hate debt :(

So please don't raise money for me. There are much more deserving causes than sending money to AFBLUE for a mustang. Seriously.

When I saw this thread title, I about fell on the floor. I'm serious do not pursue this any further. I will not accept any money. But again I'm truely humbled by the sentiment.

After all he is the only US Service person I know who is part of the Shelby family and he is risking his life for our democracy and saftey.

Don't forget MILSTANG. He's probably in much more dangereous place than me right now.

Again thanks for the kind words.

Ok. Stop this thread right freaking now!

I really appreciate your sentiments. It's quite humbling. I feel honored.

But I'm ok financialy. I can still get the car. I will just have to get a car loan now.

I'm the type of person that would rather do without than go in debt. I had saved enough money to buy the car, but my unsold house out in Nebraska has decimated my mustang fund (Thank God I had the money in the first place). Looks like I will have to go to plan B (car loan). Did I mention I hate debt :(

So please don't raise money for me. There are much more deserving causes than sending money to AFBLUE for a mustang. Seriously.

When I saw this thread title, I bought fell on the floor. I'm serious do not pursue this any further. I will not accept any money. But again I'm truely humbled by the sentiment.

Don't forget MILSTANG. He's probably in much more dangereous place than me right now.

Again thanks for the kind words.

Nah, I am surrounded by Special Ops guys no matter where I end up on this constantly changing deployment. If they get by them to me then we have lost the war already.

:lol:

I am fine and will be hanging my hat at Ft Bragg by November...and driving my Shelby.

B)

Nah, I am surrounded by Special Ops guys no matter where I end up on this constantly changing deployment. If they get by them to me then we have lost the war already.

:lol:

I am fine and will be hanging my hat at Ft Bragg by November...and driving my Shelby.

B)

We'll have to meet up sometime after we both get our cars. My dad lives in Wilmington, mom in Charlotte and I get down there every few months.

B) Man, I was getting geared up to support yet another service from the theater. Ain't had to deal too much with the AF yet!

I'm glad things will work out for you, AFBLUE. I'm really hoping to see a '08 SGT coupe next to my '08 SGT vert at all of the Mustang and Ford shows next year in Hampton Roads!

Hooyah!

Well Mark you are a great guy and many of us are willing to help out. There is a family also very deserving that I read about yesterday. I will have to search for the article but this man who was stationed in Iraq (maybe Afg) had his son born last Saturday. And the next die he was killed by an IED. I believe he lived in Va but again I wi ll have to find the story. Being a father of 2 sons it really hit you where it counts if you know what I mean. I just feel such saorrow for this mans family. They have already given up so much and now this. Sad.

Well Mark you are a great guy and many of us are willing to help out. There is a family also very deserving that I read about yesterday. I will have to search for the article but this man who was stationed in Iraq (maybe Afg) had his son born last Saturday. And the next die he was killed by an IED. I believe he lived in Va but again I wi ll have to find the story. Being a father of 2 sons it really hit you where it counts if you know what I mean. I just feel such saorrow for this mans family. They have already given up so much and now this. Sad.

Webba makes a real good point and reminded me of something positive. I just attended a BMW motorcycle event two weeks ago ( 500 attendees in Lake of the Ozarks) and we raised over $20,000 thru raffles/silent auction for a worthwhile childrens cause.

The generosity displayed here towards AFBlue is also very gratifying and confirms my belief that there are plenty of good folks here. But there are needs all over. Many of us are doing well enough to afford Shelby's as one of our toys ( and then some). If 200 of us gives up one piece of shelby bling at $50 we could raise $10,000 for a worthy cause. I am not championing any particular cause here...a small committee could do that.

I just love to see the willingness displayed here to help some one out, and since AFBlue doesn't need it, why not help someone who does. If this merits a separate thread, I will start it.

I am eager to hear any ideas.

This is a great thread, I think most of the people on this site are not youngsters and we remember the bad ole days of Vietnam. I hope that you men over there fighting for our country know that there are many of us here who very much appreciate what you're doing over there. Good luck and Gods speed...

B) Man, I was getting geared up to support yet another service from the theater. Ain't had to deal too much with the AF yet!

I'm glad things will work out for you, AFBLUE. I'm really hoping to see a '08 SGT coupe next to my '08 SGT vert at all of the Mustang and Ford shows next year in Hampton Roads!

Hooyah!

I'll be there :) Where bouts to do u live in VA?

This is a great thread...

Yes it is :)

This is a great thread, I think most of the people on this site are not youngsters and we remember the bad ole days of Vietnam. I hope that you men over there fighting for our country know that there are many of us here who very much appreciate what you're doing over there. Good luck and Gods speed...

Thanks Wado. It's the appreciation of our fellow countrymen that keeps us motivated.

The generosity displayed here towards AFBlue is also very gratifying and confirms my belief that there are plenty of good folks here. But there are needs all over. Many of us are doing well enough to afford Shelby's as one of our toys ( and then some). If 200 of us gives up one piece of shelby bling at $50 we could raise $10,000 for a worthy cause. I am not championing any particular cause here...a small committee could do that.

I can go along with this idea. We are all blessed people here and a SGT charity fund would be nice.

We would need to set up a person to handle funds, someone trustworthy and it could be as easy as setting up a Paypal account we could donate to.

I just don't know if there are 200 people here?

Stump, I think you would be suprised. Some night ther are 30-50 guests logged in.

2 weekends ago I participated in a golf outing for "Tee it up for the Troops" they raised $15,000 for the Fitzgerald House. Great cause.

Thanks for jumping in on this. This kinda stuff is good if we have 50 or 500. The benefits to a recepient are obvious. The selfish rewards include using our hobby + personal interest to do something for the less fortunate. If we spend thousands on our hobby/carshows/bbqs/sai-bling but are raising some $$ for charity along the way, think how much better we will feel about our "hobby".

Maybe we could approach SAI as well for a discount for Forum members SAI purchases ( incentive for us/sai) with a % of discount going to Carols charity...just another thought.

does that house in Nebraska have a garage? if it were in my home town and had a garage i'd sell my harley and buy it. i dont ride it much anymore anyway...hmm being single i may just get a condo. do condos have garages?

just tired of not having a garage.

I answered you in the other post but here it is again. 3 car garage

http://homes.realtor.com/search/listingdet...srcnt=13#Detail

Listed about $6K above tax assessed value.

Thats a nice house...................... :)

Mark, move the house to Seattle you probably get 500-700 k for the same thing. Maybe I should move to Nebraska. It doesn't get cold there does it? LOL Good luck I hope you don't have to wait too long. We went through the same thong about 20 years ago. Writing that check with no renters really hurts.

Dave

Looks like a really nice house for a great price. Where I am you'd probably get 500-700 easily, as well. Im looking for a nice cheap area when I retire. May have to look into NE. Wont be retireing for 20+ years though.

Anyways, GOOD LUCK.

What part of VA Beach are you in AFBLUE? I was station in Oceana for awhile. Loved the area and night life. I live in Northern VA now, about 4 hours away and head down there about twice a year.

Looks like a really nice house for a great price. Where I am you'd probably get 500-700 easily, as well. Im looking for a nice cheap area when I retire. May have to look into NE. Wont be retireing for 20+ years though.

Anyways, GOOD LUCK.

What part of VA Beach are you in AFBLUE? I was station in Oceana for awhile. Loved the area and night life. I live in Northern VA now, about 4 hours away and head down there about twice a year.

I live in the Bayside Borough part of VA Beach. About 10mins south of Little Creek.

Archived