TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Last show of the season

dave c

We went to our last car show for this season and it turned out to be a good one. Caravaned with our club to Lacy, WA, about 15 of us. Pretty cool site to see all those Mustangs flying down I-5. The show had about 142 Mustangs. When we arrived we were the only Shelby there. Didn't know if any other would show up, but they grouped all Shelby's, old and new together. Then two beautiful Shelby's show up. I believe they were 68's, one a GT 500 and the other our distance cousin, a GT 350 w/Paxton sc. I'm thinking great we don't stand a chance with these two beauties! Then the 07 GT 500's start to roll in. Those cars don't worry me like the vintage primo Shelby's. Everybody in our club said, man you're in with some tough competition(yea we know :( ) People went gaga over the car. If I had a dollar for every picture taken of that car I'd be rich :lol: !!!

Then Sherri went and bought some raffle tickets and came back twice, see what I won. Really cool Mustang photo album and a t-shirt. So then there was a 50/50 pot going, so I put in ten bucks. Let Sherri hold the tickets, she been really lucky lately.

The awards ceremony starts and they do the 50/50 draw. I'm not paying any attention and Sherri is talking with some friends. She decides she better look at the tickets. Good thing..... because she won!!!! About 140.00 more than we had when we came in. We figured the Shelby class was going to be called last, but of course it wasn't and we weren't paying attention again. 3rd place GT 500(old), 2nd GT 350 and Sherri's telling her friend, the old Shelby's beat me out. But come to find out 1st place went to 07 Shelby GT/SC!!!!!!!! YES :)

All in all it was a good way to end the show season. We have only had the car since July 21st and have gotten 5 first place trophy's. MAN WE LOVE THIS CAR! Will try to post some pics in the gallery. Swede we missed you there. I have some pics of the shock tower brace on a Roush for you Whipple boys, Adam, Roger and ?, if you haven't already seen one yourself.

Dave

Posted pics in the gallery.

That is just AWESOME Dave! Congratulations again. I think that's 5 for 5? Don't get much better than that. I'll check out the pics in the gallery. But if memory serves me correctly the Whipple is taller than the Roush.

HI DAVE & SHERRI YOU GUY'S DID GOOD MY FRIENDS OWNS BOTH OF THE SHELBY'S YOU BEAT OUT GT350 IS HIS WIFE'S AND GT500 IS HIS I REDID THE 500 IN THE 90'S AND MY PARTNER AND I DID THE 68 GT350 A COUPLE YRS AGO HE ALSO OWNS A FORD GT AND HE JUST BOUGHT A 67 390 FASTBACK THAT WE RESTORING OVER THE NEXT COUPLE MONTHS ,NICE PEOPLE

HI DAVE & SHERRI YOU GUY'S DID GOOD MY FRIENDS OWNS BOTH OF THE SHELBY'S YOU BEAT OUT GT350 IS HIS WIFE'S AND GT500 IS HIS I REDID THE 500 IN THE 90'S AND MY PARTNER AND I DID THE 68 GT350 A COUPLE YRS AGO HE ALSO OWNS A FORD GT AND HE JUST BOUGHT A 67 390 FASTBACK THAT WE RESTORING OVER THE NEXT COUPLE MONTHS ,NICE PEOPLE

Bob, Thanks, we felt very honored to have won against them. Those were two sweet Shelby's. Your club members(I think) with the red Ford GT and the Grabber Orange GT500 were there also. He didn't win anything. I don't think he likes us LOL> That's the 3rd time we've beat him. Oh well. We were hoping you would've been there.

Sherri

We went to our last car show for this season and it turned out to be a good one. Caravaned with our club to Lacy, WA, about 15 of us. Pretty cool site to see all those Mustangs flying down I-5. The show had about 142 Mustangs. When we arrived we were the only Shelby there. Didn't know if any other would show up, but they grouped all Shelby's, old and new together. Then two beautiful Shelby's show up. I believe they were 68's, one a GT 500 and the other our distance cousin, a GT 350 w/Paxton sc. I'm thinking great we don't stand a chance with these two beauties! Then the 07 GT 500's start to roll in. Those cars don't worry me like the vintage primo Shelby's. Everybody in our club said, man you're in with some tough competition(yea we know :( ) People went gaga over the car. If I had a dollar for every picture taken of that car I'd be rich :lol: !!!

Then Sherri went and bought some raffle tickets and came back twice, see what I won. Really cool Mustang photo album and a t-shirt. So then there was a 50/50 pot going, so I put in ten bucks. Let Sherri hold the tickets, she been really lucky lately.

The awards ceremony starts and they do the 50/50 draw. I'm not paying any attention and Sherri is talking with some friends. She decides she better look at the tickets. Good thing..... because she won!!!! About 140.00 more than we had when we came in. We figured the Shelby class was going to be called last, but of course it wasn't and we weren't paying attention again. 3rd place GT 500(old), 2nd GT 350 and Sherri's telling her friend, the old Shelby's beat me out. But come to find out 1st place went to 07 Shelby GT/SC!!!!!!!! YES :)

All in all it was a good way to end the show season. We have only had the car since July 21st and have gotten 5 first place trophy's. MAN WE LOVE THIS CAR! Will try to post some pics in the gallery. Swede we missed you there. I have some pics of the shock tower brace on a Roush for you Whipple boys, Adam, Roger and ?, if you haven't already seen one yourself.

Dave

Posted pics in the gallery.

AWESOME! Your car is so sweet with the "CHROME" razors that it hurts me to look at my car everytime 'cause I know I am a SC away from the same thing (mine has a GT500 spoiler though). Your SC is the vote that drives me over the top, maybe one day, one day I'll get one but you never know. Oh and by the way, your 2007 Shelby GT/SC didn't win by mistake. :)

Hey did you see a 1966 GT K Model Fastback that had "wheels flared out" down there? Or a "clone" 1966 GT350 blue with white stripes? Those were both of my old cars, they were show at the time I sold them. Both were sold in those areas???

Thanks for the invite Dave I appreciate it very much, too bad I did not make it. Us West Coast boys have to stay together you know.

Reading on another forum i found a comment about a roush black jack and the special shelby gt/sc......to funny. Oh wow this is our car. The link below is pictures of the show. Check out the two older shelby's, sweet enjoy.

Dave

http://207.108.217.210/ufury/shows/Sep23-07/Sep23-07.htm

Archived