TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Visit to Shelby Sept 2007

CSM07GT

First time posting, but a long-time reader of this forum.

My wife and I had two hours to visit Shelby in Las Vegas this week before our plane departure (not enough time!) - I have posted several photos I took of the 2008 SGTs in the outside lot awaiting conversion, Shelby Hauler, Super Snake and other sights seen (see Shelby Visit album.)

We had a great tour of the museum and conversion bay where we saw them working mostly on 2008 SGTs; there were a few 2007s still there (sorry no photos allowed in the bay, but see some of the outside lot photos for the 2007s still there). My wife and I did sign the wall in the conversion bay which was cool.

Just wish we had more time to visit!

My wife and I had two hours to visit Shelby in Las Vegas this week before our plane departure (not enough time!) - I have posted several photos I took of the 2008 SGTs in the outside lot awaiting conversion, Shelby Hauler, Super Snake and other sights seen (see Shelby Visit album.)

We had a great tour of the museum and conversion bay where we saw them working mostly on 2008 SGTs; there were a few 2007s still there (sorry no photos allowed in the bay, but see some of the outside lot photos for the 2007s still there). My wife and I did sign the wall in the conversion bay which was cool.

Welcome................pretty awesome sight isn't it? B)

Kewl I bet that was a sight to see. BTW, did you happen to see a guy with a white cane with a red tip putting on the vinyl racing strips? ....JUST KIDDING SAI, JUST KIDDING!!! If I couldn't laugh about this stuff, I'd die :-)

Kewl I bet that was a sight to see. BTW, did you happen to see a guy with a white cane with a red tip putting on the vinyl racing strips? ....JUST KIDDING SAI, JUST KIDDING!!! If I couldn't laugh about this stuff, I'd die :-)

Rusty, Colonel Sanders does chicken not Shelby's ;)

Hi! Welcome. Did you notice on the 08 SGTs if they were using full up replacement grilles and if they were using the "Shelby GT" wheel caps?

In other words, did you notice any differences between the 07s and the 08s (besides the color :) )

Just got back from races at Dover Speedway this past weekend - sorry, we were not close enough to notice differences in grills or wheel caps in either the storage lot or production bay.

Hi! Welcome. Did you notice on the 08 SGTs if they were using full up replacement grilles and if they were using the "Shelby GT" wheel caps?

In other words, did you notice any differences between the 07s and the 08s (besides the color :) )

Here you go pal. This should answer your questions. Or I should say, the answer is yes.

http://picasaweb.google.com/Adams.ShelbyGT/Sept2007Visit

Here you go pal. This should answer your questions. Or I should say, the answer is yes.

someone with better eyes (or adam) the blue car looks like it says GT 500KR? being a dealer i assumed the KR was going to be silver?

anyone anyone...

michael morris

The answer is yes to which question? Full replacment grille, wheel caps, both? I couldn't see anything in the pictures that confirmed any of this. Looked like the 08s still have the tribar pony.

Sorry, I'm a little confused by your response.

The answer is yes to which question? Full replacment grille, wheel caps, both? I couldn't see anything in the pictures that confirmed any of this. Looked like the 08s still have the tribar pony.

Sorry, I'm a little confused by your response.

Mark the grille is a full replacement with re-enforcement in the center. No more fog light grilles on the inside. It still looks like the tribar pony caps. I did speak with Adam today and he did tell me to respond to your post. He told me it is much cleaner and they would be avalible after or late in production for others to purchase through SPP. Hope I got that right.

I reviewed all my photos from Shelby and zoomed in on the wheels on the 2008 SGT - they are definitely the black Mustang tri-bar hubcaps, not the Shelby GT hubcaps available from SPP. I can't tell you anything else about the grille installation from the photos.

Enjoy your 2008!

Archived