TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Going into withdrawl.

SGT ShuttleGuy

Now I know what some of you waiting on delivery of your cars feel like. Except that this is worse because I already know how great it is to actually have it in my posession. I've been in the Cape Canaveral area for almost a week now driving a (swallow hard) Saturn Vue rental car. I miss my SGT!!!! :(

(one more day.....)

Luckily, though, I've got this forum to help me get through it all. Thanks for the interesting reading everyone provides.

Likewise Im sure... ;)

Now I know what some of you waiting on delivery of your cars feel like. Except that this is worse because I already know how great it is to actually have it in my posession. I've been in the Cape Canaveral area for almost a week now driving a (swallow hard) Saturn Vue rental car. I miss my SGT!!!! :(

(one more day.....)

Luckily, though, I've got this forum to help me get through it all. Thanks for the interesting reading everyone provides.

If it's any consolation I finalized my deal in April, flew to Vegas on 8/3, got to see the car and drive it in Vegas for about 25-30 min. on 8/4, went into the Mod Shop on 9/12 and I probably will not see it again until 10/6 or so :blink: I feel your pain! :D I think they call is seperation anxiety. :lol::lol:

If it's any consolation I finalized my deal in April, flew to Vegas on 8/3, got to see the car and drive it in Vegas for about 25-30 min. on 8/4, went into the Mod Shop on 9/12 and I probably will not see it again until 10/6 or so :blink: I feel your pain! :D I think they call is seperation anxiety. :lol::lol:

Flew to Vegas at the beginning of June and drove it for 4 days. Left it there and deployed, and yes I ordered it December 1st. I just got to get it before AFBLUE gets his....

:blink:

Flew to Vegas at the beginning of June and drove it for 4 days. Left it there and deployed, and yes I ordered it December 1st. I just got to get it before AFBLUE gets his....

The race is on! :D

My total wait time is Dec 03 (when I first saw pix of the S197) to the present.

The race is on! :D

My total wait time is Dec 03 (when I first saw pix of the S197) to the present.

Haha! Same here! When Brad first had the CAD drawings on his site. Actually, I saw them in November but I won't divulge my source.

:rolleyes:

The midwest contingent can hijack AFB's delivery truck for you if need be-you just say the word, it's the least we could do for you!!! :D

Same here Matt. Except winter also means snowmobiling season. I ride Skidoo as Shelby doesn't make any sleds.....yet. You never know ;)

I am in the same boat as Matt and Webba. The silver lining of global warming is that our winters in South Dakota are pretty wimpy compared to the old days and usually much shorter. Fortunately, I built a heated shop a few years ago so the Shelby will be nice and cozy all winter. I am sure it will weigh another 20 pounds by spring because of the multi layers of wax it will have on it by then. I do not plan on taking it ice fishing.

The midwest contingent can hijack AFB's delivery truck for you if need be-you just say the word, it's the least we could do for you!!! :D

Ha! Well hopefully that won't be needed. :o

I might be getting my car sooner than I thought originally. Things are changing here fast, some good some bad.

I am being sent to Ft Bragg to train special ops for deployments. So I will be getting my car hopefully by the end of October. The bad news is they are saying I am going to go back to the sandbox sometime in the future but won't narrow down the window. That and my deployment will now be from 1.5 years to 2.5 years. A majority of that could be stateside though...my wife can't come live with me but I can have the Shelby and hopefully make it to a few of the car shows next year. I am looking forward to meeting many of you.

:)

Archived