TEAM SHELBY FORUM

front fascia lower grill

scrapp

:( I recently got my cs6 front fascia and the lower grill will not fit properly . Has this been an problem with any body else, I got some pictures from an Shelby associate , and they didnt help .

I had my fascia on long before I received my lower grill. The directions for the lower grill require you install it in the fascia off the car and were surprisingly extensive for such a unsophisticated and sharp item (it reminded me of my chimney cover - just a cheap piece of metal grill). I was not about to disassemble the front of the car to put this thing in. I put the car on ramps and crawled under the front. The grill was about 1/2 inch too tall to fit in properly. I had to drop the intercooler radiator (4 bolts) to get it to fit in at all. I used 6 self tapping screws after I started the holes for them with a sharp pick. I put 4 screws in the bottom and 1 on each side to hold the screen and then put the intercooler radiator back. The top of the screen does not fit in as it is too tall. If you were to crawl underneath the car (has to be on a lift or you can't get under it) you can tell that it is not in fully. However, from the front you would litterally have to lay on the ground close to the car and have someone point it out that it wasn't in 100% correctly.

I had my fascia on long before I received my lower grill. The directions for the lower grill require you install it in the fascia off the car and were surprisingly extensive for such a unsophisticated and sharp item (it reminded me of my chimney cover - just a cheap piece of metal grill). I was not about to disassemble the front of the car to put this thing in. I put the car on ramps and crawled under the front. The grill was about 1/2 inch too tall to fit in properly. I had to drop the intercooler radiator (4 bolts) to get it to fit in at all. I used 6 self tapping screws after I started the holes for them with a sharp pick. I put 4 screws in the bottom and 1 on each side to hold the screen and then put the intercooler radiator back. The top of the screen does not fit in as it is too tall. If you were to crawl underneath the car (has to be on a lift or you can't get under it) you can tell that it is not in fully. However, from the front you would litterally have to lay on the ground close to the car and have someone point it out that it wasn't in 100% correctly.

Was the grill also to short width wise , mine is about an inch and half short from the sides, being to tall is nopt that bad but being to short and having an gap wont look good.

Was the grill also to short width wise , mine is about an inch and half short from the sides, being to tall is nopt that bad but being to short and having an gap wont look good.

No it was the right width. I would send it back if I was you as you can't do anything with a grill that isn't wide enough.

No it was the right width. I would send it back if I was you as you can't do anything with a grill that isn't wide enough.

I tried twise to get with someone , and maybe have them send me the mesh material that it is made from ,so I could make my own grill, becausenot every peace they make is obviusly the same,and they have not got back with me .

Archived