TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Paint Issues

echo5

I have 07SGT0544 which is black. I was wondering if anyone else has had issues with an overabundance of surface scratches? It looks as if she was beat up in a sand storm from sitting out in Vegas. Anyone have suggestions on either repairing or repainting? I’ve tried different products that are supposed to get scratches out but they don’t work.

I have 07SGT0544 which is black. I was wondering if anyone else has had issues with an overabundance of surface scratches? It looks as if she was beat up in a sand storm from sitting out in Vegas. Anyone have suggestions on either repairing or repainting? I’ve tried different products that are supposed to get scratches out but they don’t work.

Welcome to the world of black cars. Every imperfection than can show, will show and if you really want to get freaked out, park under flourescent lighting! You're going to need a good leveling compound and a buffer - or very strong arms - but with work, most of them will come out.

I actually had scratches on the hood where when my wife parked at work the birds would land on the car and then slide down the hood. I was able to get them out.

Before you buff the scratches you will need to strip any wax off your car. This can be done with a comercial product, soaking in Windex or using isopropyl alcohol. Just be careful not to loosen the adhesive on the stripes and yes, you can wax them.

I recommend:

Porter cable 7424 with white and orange pads

heavy scratch remover

light scratch and swirl remover

and (under $10) wax is wax but if you want a high quality product, try this. I have seen it work and it's very good stuff but I use Mequiers on my car.

Mine looked pretty good when I got it but now it has picked up some scratches that can be seen in certain lights and angles. I'll work on it some but I'm not going to get freaked out about it. Black cars still look better even with scratches.

Mine looked pretty good when I got it but now it has picked up some scratches that can be seen in certain lights and angles. I'll work on it some but I'm not going to get freaked out about it. Black cars still look better even with scratches.

black cars do look good but we want to remember that the orig real shelbys and compition shelbys only came in one coler....white...

Welcome to the world of black cars. Every imperfection than can show, will show and if you really want to get freaked out, park under flourescent lighting! You're going to need a good leveling compound and a buffer - or very strong arms - but with work, most of them will come out.

I actually had scratches on the hood where when my wife parked at work the birds would land on the car and then slide down the hood. I was able to get them out.

Before you buff the scratches you will need to strip any wax off your car. This can be done with a comercial product, soaking in Windex or using isopropyl alcohol. Just be careful not to loosen the adhesive on the stripes and yes, you can wax them.

I recommend:

Porter cable 7424 with white and orange pads

heavy scratch remover

light scratch and swirl remover

and (under $10) wax is wax but if you want a high quality product, try this. I have seen it work and it's very good stuff but I use Mequiers on my car.

You hit that on the head-black will show absolutely every thing, but the look really good when polished up!

Mine seems to have a few more than when I got it, but nothing major-they should hopefully buff out.

Car # 0399 and it was in horrible shape. I did not accept the car until they had their paint guys get all and I mean ALL of the freaking scratches out of my 40K car.

She looks awesome and I Zaino this baby every chance I get.

**** Z A I N O ****

I used Zaino for the first time last weekend. I got up at 4:30AM and started the whole process. I was a true skeptic. After reading several different forums and topics about Zaino, I thought I would give it a try. I did have a few very fine scratches around the rear panels, but after Zaino they were reduced to almost invisible. I must say, I never thought Zaino could produce such a shine. I won't use anything else on my SGT again. Zaino is amazing! :D

Archived