TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Grabber Orange SGT

railrider_merged

Do you know any info on the grabber orange socal cars they are going to make? will they have the exact same shelby add ons as the 2007 model? silver stripes I hope. I have a dealer quote on one of $48000. Is this to steep for a 4.6 liter car? also I have been running across some 07 models that have gauge pods on the dash.Was that a late production add or something special.thanks

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you know any info on the grabber orange socal cars they are going to make? will they have the exact same shelby add ons as the 2007 model? silver stripes I hope. I have a dealer quote on one of $48000. Is this to steep for a 4.6 liter car? also I have been running across some 07 models that have gauge pods on the dash.Was that a late production add or something special.thanks

Yes, all the same stuff. The great thing about these cars is there will only be 200 or so? I can't remember the exact number. So the 48K looks to be about 5K ADM if it's fully optioned. Not great but not as bad as some! You can always take a chance and wait!

you didn't like my post where you asked the same question in the other thread: :P

Checkout the below link:

http://fiestaford.wordpress.com/2007/05/14...special-shelby/

Yes I think $48K, is a little high. Most of us paid MSRP or below. A handfull paid a little more. However, there will only be 300 grabber orange cars, they come with HID option and have an actual MSRP for 2008. Ultimately, the only person who can answer if an amount is to high is the person contimplating the purchase.

you didn't like my post where you asked the same question in the other thread: :P

Checkout the below link:

http://fiestaford.wordpress.com/2007/05/14...special-shelby/

Yes I think $48K, is a little high. Most of us paid MSRP or below. A handfull paid a little more. However, there will only be 300 grabber orange cars, they come with HID option and have an actual MSRP for 2008. Ultimately, the only person who can answer if an amount is to high is the person contimplating the purchase.

yes, the link you gave me was very helpful. just thought I would post it again to try and get somemore replies. there is a black one here that is loaded with all available options that they want 44k for.it does not have the dash mounted gage pod that I have been seeing lately though. do you know anything about the extra gauges? thanks Danny

yes, the link you gave me was very helpful. just thought I would post it again to try and get somemore replies. there is a black one here that is loaded with all available options that they want 44k for.it does not have the dash mounted gage pod that I have been seeing lately though. do you know anything about the extra gauges? thanks Danny

The gauge pod on the sgt is the california special deal that went with the TV ads

Yes, all the same stuff. The great thing about these cars is there will only be 200 or so? I can't remember the exact number. So the 48K looks to be about 5K ADM if it's fully optioned. Not great but not as bad as some! You can always take a chance and wait!

$48000 is way to much to pay @ this time $37000-$38500 is a good range for a loaded one

$48000 is way to much to pay @ this time $37000-$38500 is a good range for a loaded one

Even at MSRP a fully loaded SGT is $41K a base SGT MSRP is $37K-$38K. Mine, never mind the gauge pod, or limited to 300, came out at MSRP at $41,690. I didn't pay that but that's what it came to. You throw, an S1000 or Nav, heated seats, Active theft, etc., in the mix and there you are!

Even at MSRP a fully loaded SGT is $41K a base SGT MSRP is $37K-$38K. Mine, never mind the gauge pod, or limited to 300, came out at MSRP at $41,690. I didn't pay that but that's what it came to. You throw, an S1000 or Nav, heated seats, Active theft, etc., in the mix and there you are!

Who pays MSRP for a car in this market ?I guess the same people who bought the Ipod for top dollar.

hmmm, well somebody get me an Ipod then.

The dealers here in SoCal wanted $5-10K ADM when the order banks first opened and the cars first started arriving dealers. There are some dealers that still do. When I ordered my car I was very happy and still am that I purchased it at The FORD MSRP plue SAI invoice fee. That is actually below the now official MSRP. Most of the early owners expected these cars to sell for MSRP (plus).

As for the 2008s, Ford & SAI are making almost a third of the 2007s and only 300 grabber orange cars. Perhaps there won't be a high demand but some dealers will still hold lofty ADMs. You can't buy a car unless the dealer agrees to sell it.

hmmm, well somebody get me an Ipod then.

The dealers here in SoCal wanted $5-10K ADM when the order banks first opened and the cars first started arriving dealers. There are some dealers that still do. When I ordered my car I was very happy and still am that I purchased it at The FORD MSRP plue SAI invoice fee. That is actually below the now official MSRP. Most of the early owners expected these cars to sell for MSRP (plus).

As for the 2008s, Ford & SAI are making almost a third of the 2007s and only 300 grabber orange cars. Perhaps there won't be a high demand but some dealers will still hold lofty ADMs. You can't buy a car unless the dealer agrees to sell it.

Have any pictures of the orange ones surfaced yet??

Who pays MSRP for a car in this market ?I guess the same people who bought the Ipod for top dollar.

You should have been here 6 months ago, alot of people thought 5 to 7k over was NOT a bad deal.

(Almost me included)...But you cannot ignore that the prices have come way down since.

A dealer I called last year about 80 miles from here (and even went to visit once) would not budge off his 50k price for a 2007 black SGT w/nav.....well he called me a few days ago and says "I have 4 SGT's for sticker, are you interested? They must have ordered as many SGT's as possible thinking they would be laughing all the way to the bank and now they are sitting on 4 cars.

I said no, got mine for 1k under sticker 3 months ago.

Salesman said he wishes he had called me back....oh well.

That's Sunshine Ford in Newburgh, NY if you are interested, the salesmans name was John.

Hi all!!!!

On the Grabber Orange SGT's, we will be doing around 300 of them. As for pricing, sorry, I do not know and do not know what the dealers will be selling them at. But, if you look at it this way, there will only be 300 of the Grabber Orange SGT's out there!!!!! To me, it may be well worth the price ;)

Bud

Oh, btw, did I mention that Mr. Shelby signed ALL of the Grabber Orange sun visors? :o

Hi all!!!!

On the Grabber Orange SGT's, we will be doing around 300 of them. As for pricing, sorry, I do not know and do not know what the dealers will be selling them at. But, if you look at it this way, there will only be 300 of the Grabber Orange SGT's out there!!!!! To me, it may be well worth the price ;)

Bud

Oh, btw, did I mention that Mr. Shelby signed ALL of the Grabber Orange sun visors? :o

Bud that signature is pretty cool, i guess its time to tell everyone that i will be out in OCT. and the big news is i will be signing all the 08 blue SGTs! this should really make the cars go crazy now :lol:

michael morris

Bud that signature is pretty cool, i guess its time to tell everyone that i will be out in OCT. and the big news is i will be signing all the 08 blue SGTs! this should really make the cars go crazy now :lol:

michael morris

If I pick mine up before then, how can I arrange to get you to sign it?? :lol:

all the blue cars are on hold until i get there and put a real big MICHAEL MORRIS on them. so all you 08 guys better hope i dont get delayed a month or so yall might not ever get your cars :P

michael morris

Now THAT will drop the value of the car!!!!!! GUARANTEED!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol: :o :o

Hi all!!!!

Bud

will the grabber cars have the same package as the blue 08 sgt.how about the dash gauge pod? any other extras

+1. Black is the hottest color, white is totally bland :P but better than the yellow with silver stripes, I mean eeeeewwwww, thats freekin fugly.

<_<

Found these pics on a shelby photo album. they give a idea of what the grabber orange cars will look like.

that orange is screaming for black stripes and black wheels

+1. Black is the hottest color, white is totally bland :P but better than the yellow with silver stripes, I mean eeeeewwwww, thats freekin fugly.

Thanks for sharing your opinion!

By hottest color I am sure he meant in the summer sun...

Although I obviously love the black as well the white, blue, etc are good too. Just the great pumpkin color is not for me.

:blink:

<_<

that orange is screaming for black stripes and black wheels

Amen- and they can all be delivered in October in time for Haloween. That orange car has got to be the ugliest Shelby I have ever seen-well besides the girl I went to high school with :D

I don't consider the white bland-I just have never been a white car guy-I think the white looks better than the orange by a long shot. I have black and I also like the blue.

Look at it the way we would as kids:

White is heroic, good guy to the core-Lone Ranger

Black is sinister, bad, mean looking-Darth Vader

Blue is happy go-lucky & comes as a fun loving drop top-Grover from Sesame Street (sorry AFB)

Orange-it's the great pumpkin Charlie Brown????????

:unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

Amen- and they can all be delivered in October in time for Haloween. That orange car has got to be the ugliest Shelby I have ever seen-well besides the girl I went to high school with :D

I don't consider the white bland-I just have never been a white car guy-I think the white looks better than the orange by a long shot. I have black and I also like the blue.

Look at it the way we would as kids:

White is heroic, good guy to the core-Lone Ranger

Black is sinister, bad, mean looking-Darth Vader

Blue is happy go-lucky & comes as a fun loving drop top-Grover from Sesame Street (sorry AFB)

Orange-it's the great pumpkin Charlie Brown????????

Man, you guys are killing me. Ive found a dealer that is willing to sell me one below msrp. I really like the orange and I also like the fact there will only be 300. I life in texas and that also would make it even more unique. There is a fully loaded black 2007 here. Its an automatic but they will not budge off the 44000 asking price.

Archived