TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Hood pins

Crucible

Here is a pic of the hood pins being offered by Shelby. Mine were shipped last Friday and they sure look a lot better than what's on the hood right now. BTW, the price is jumping 10 bucks to $104.

Mine did not come with Shelby embosed on them and the holes did not match up. It took me a while and some new holes to make them work. They do make the car look better but be careful...07SGT0544

Did the set come with a new cable and pin too or was it just the piece that screws to the hood? If new pin too, does it seem a better quality than the stock one?

One of my pins keeps popping out. I've tried tightening/squeezing it to no avail.

hey adam email me got something for you!!!!!!!!

Did the set come with a new cable and pin too or was it just the piece that screws to the hood? If new pin too, does it seem a better quality than the stock one?

One of my pins keeps popping out. I've tried tightening/squeezing it to no avail.

comes with everything new...is a great upgrade

• 2 weeks later...

Mine did not come with Shelby embosed on them and the holes did not match up. It took me a while and some new holes to make them work. They do make the car look better but be careful...07SGT0544

echo5

When you installed your new hood pins, you had to drill new holes right? Did the new pins cover up the area cleanly where the older pins where installed? How far off where the holes in the hood in relations to the new pins?

Thanks for your help.

100789.jpg

The holes not matching up is a deal killer for me. Between this and the "new hood scoop" my hood is going to look like Swiss Cheese. How difficult would it have been to make the holes line up? This is why, like Roush, SAI needs to design it's own stuff rather than buying from some OEM and slapping their name on it.

BTW: Speaking of...I just noticed some signs of rust on my posts at the bottom around the post where the nut is. Anyone else?

The holes not matching up is a deal killer for me. Between this and the "new hood scoop" my hood is going to look like Swiss Cheese. How difficult would it have been to make the holes line up? This is why, like Roush, SAI needs to design it's own stuff rather than buying from some OEM and slapping their name on it.

BTW: Speaking of...I just noticed some signs of rust on my posts at the bottom around the post where the nut is. Anyone else?

A question for Capt Rusty perhaps.

Yes, that is why I am considering putting different posts and hardware on. My driver's side post has a touch of rust on it.

The hood pin kit that I got did not have the "Shelby" engraved in them, but do appear to be the same style. The screw holes for the plates in the hood lined up just fine, I did not have to drill any new holes in the hood. HOWEVER, I did have to take the plastic radiator cover off to change the pins (my old ones were also showing minor rust around the nuts) and adjust the alignment of the brackets that the pins mount on. Was kind of tedious, but did not have to make any new holes on the car.

post-4965-1146930130_thumb.jpg

The hood pin kit that I got did not have the "Shelby" engraved in them, but do appear to be the same style. The screw holes for the plates in the hood lined up just fine, I did not have to drill any new holes in the hood. HOWEVER, I did have to take the plastic radiator cover off to change the pins (my old ones were also showing minor rust around the nuts) and adjust the alignment of the brackets that the pins mount on. Was kind of tedious, but did not have to make any new holes on the car.

They appear to be selling both styles now, but the only difference seems to be the Shelby moniker. I really like the look of these, it would be nice if they just bolt up.

Thanks for the info.

They appear to be selling both styles now, but the only difference seems to be the Shelby moniker. I really like the look of these, it would be nice if they just bolt up.

Yep. If they just bolt up, I'll be getting them, whether they say "Shelby" or not.

i gotta say that is one funny photo :0

Yep. If they just bolt up, I'll be getting them, whether they say "Shelby" or not.

Just an update for all.

I ended up getting this set of pins for my car too with the help of someone here on this post (thank you again). I too had a little trouble momentarily but ended up using the original brackets and bent them more toward the front until they fit.

Anyway, I spoke with SPP about another item and asked more details about these pins. They said the first batch that we got were a small production. They ordered more with the Shelby lettering and are coming (or are already in) soon.

Mine matched up to the original holes for the original pin set. I assume most others should line up too. I feel bad for those that don't line up.

I hope everyone orders these. They look awesome and work a lot better than the originals. Plus, they are aluminum rather than stainless so they definitely won't rust and they match the rest of the options. FYI, I assume the originals are 304 series stainless (which can rust) where 400 series stainless doesn't rust. I had some sight surface rust on mine. It wasn't a big deal as I simply polished it off but these new ones look a million times better.

This isn't a complaint, I am actually trying to help and suggest that all get these new ones as they look awesome and work better. My original set the clip around the small pin kept coming undone. This new set has no issues.

Good luck

Archived