TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Tires

shelbydream1

Dream, I have 20" Carroll Shelby CS69 wheels 9" front and 10's in the rear and went with BFG CompTA/KDW's. Ran them on my 95R and loved them. My car is not here yet but I do expect it by next month's end. I will give you my impression when I get a little seat time. But if past results hold true I will have a good ride quality with little road noise and very good dry grip. Due to the 20" size little sidewall roll is expected due to the reinforcement to the side walls. So it should be a very good all around tire even in the wet.

• 2 weeks later...

Dream, I have 20" Carroll Shelby CS69 wheels 9" front and 10's in the rear and went with BFG CompTA/KDW's. Ran them on my 95R and loved them. My car is not here yet but I do expect it by next month's end. I will give you my impression when I get a little seat time. But if past results hold true I will have a good ride quality with little road noise and very good dry grip. Due to the 20" size little sidewall roll is expected due to the reinforcement to the side walls. So it should be a very good all around tire even in the wet.

I have been considering CS67 shelby18 x 9.5 inch rims. anyone know how wide I can go with the tires?

Any help would be apprciated. Thanks, Wood.

I have been considering CS67 shelby18 x 9.5 inch rims. anyone know how wide I can go with the tires?

Any help would be apprciated. Thanks, Wood.

When I put my CS69's on I went with the recommended tire size. Shelby Wheels recommends 285-40ZR-18 for the 9.5" width.

Hope that helps.

When I put my CS69's on I went with the recommended tire size. Shelby Wheels recommends 285-40ZR-18 for the 9.5" width.

Hope that helps.

Thanks Big help.... next question do the rub

Hope that helps.

Thanks Big help.... next question do they rub

Thanks Big help.... next question do the rub

Thanks Big help.... next question do they rub

No they are fine. I'm sure the people at Shelby Wheels did quite a bit of R&D before making their recommendation.

But they do have a disclaimer

* The recommended tire sizes on this page are recommendations only as tire sizes vary by manufacturer. Consult your local tire expert.

2007 Requires Tire Pressure Monitor System (TPMS) Check with your local Ford dealer regarding proper use and installation of TPMS Carroll Shelby Wheels are designed to use OE Ford TPMS and OE Ford Mustang lug nuts.

I know for a fact that tire mfgs. profiles in width vary. Certain similar tire sizes run wider than others. BFG's run wider than Nitto's. I would call the company and check to be sure.

888-375-3716 or e-mail info@carrollshelbywheels.com

Archived