TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT S/C Options and Pricing

chigl

Hi All,

I am still trying to purchase an '07 or '08 Shelby GT. One of the mods I am looking at is the S/C option from SAI. Does anyone have any details on what is included or available? Does the Shelby GT hood need to be changed? Are guages included? Are the brakes swapped out? Does the brake swap require 20" wheels and tires?

Thanks in advance,

Chigl

Hi All,

I am still trying to purchase an '07 or '08 Shelby GT. One of the mods I am looking at is the S/C option from SAI. Does anyone have any details on what is included or available? Does the Shelby GT hood need to be changed? Are guages included? Are the brakes swapped out? Does the brake swap require 20" wheels and tires?

Thanks in advance,

Chigl

S/C OPTION IS JUST THE PAXTON S/C AND INTERCOOLER-

YOU CAN GET IT POLISHED EST COST $ 5,000.00

GAUGES ARE EXTRA $ 600.00

YOU DO NOT HAVE TO CHANGE HOOD

IF YOU WANT TO UP GRADE BRAKES $ 2,000.00

YES YOU NEED NEW WHEELS AND TIRES STARTING AT $ 1,900.00

SHOP LABOR $ 3,000.00

PICK UP OR DELIVERY MIN. $ 500.00

EST COST $ 13,000.00

PLUS TAX AND MOD SHOP BACK LOG

YOU SHOULD CONTACT JOHN AT SHELBY

S/C OPTION IS JUST THE PAXTON S/C AND INTERCOOLER-

YOU CAN GET IT POLISHED EST COST $ 5,000.00

GAUGES ARE EXTRA $ 600.00

YOU DO NOT HAVE TO CHANGE HOOD

IF YOU WANT TO UP GRADE BRAKES $ 2,000.00

YES YOU NEED NEW WHEELS AND TIRES STARTING AT $ 1,900.00

SHOP LABOR $ 3,000.00

PICK UP OR DELIVERY MIN. $ 500.00

EST COST $ 13,000.00

PLUS TAX AND MOD SHOP BACK LOG

YOU SHOULD CONTACT JOHN AT SHELBY

Thanks - I called and left a vm for John. Do you know if the S/C and guages can be added at the same time as the Shelby package if I order an '08?

Thanks - I called and left a vm for John. Do you know if the S/C and guages can be added at the same time as the Shelby package if I order an '08?

THE S/C GETS DONE IN THE MOD SHOP AFTER THE CAR IS "SHELBY" AND THERE IS A PRETTY LONG LIST OF CARS ON THIS LIST BUT THEY ARE ADDING MOD SHOPS AROUND THE U.S. ANNOUCED TASCA IN THE NORTH EAST LAST MONTH WITH AS MANY AS 4 MORE TO COME THAT SHOULD HELP REDUCE THE LIST IN THE FUTURE BUT TIMING IS UNKNOWN.

Hi All,

Thanks in advance,

Chigl

i was quoted from bud for 6100 installed or polished for 6300 installed for the signature shelby paxton and yes the car then would be reconized as a factory s/c car

Rough and rounded figures here:

Brake upgrade $2400

Paxton SC polished $6400

Gauge Pac for SC $1100

Razor's on 20's about $2200 + 4 new wheel sensors and bands

Home delivery $500

Lower grille and lights $400

Brake duct kit $500

Paxton fits under the stock GT hood.

Whipple about $800 more in matt finish and about $1200 polished w/intercooler

Hope this helps

Rough and rounded figures here:

Brake upgrade $2400

Paxton SC polished $6400

Gauge Pac for SC $1100

Razor's on 20's about $2200 + 4 new wheel sensors and bands

Home delivery $500

Lower grille and lights $400

Brake duct kit $500

Paxton fits under the stock GT hood.

Whipple about $800 more in matt finish and about $1200 polished w/intercooler

Hope this helps

Thanks for the info guys. I plan on pulling the trigger soon. Probably on an 08 SGT.

Thanks for the info guys. I plan on pulling the trigger soon. Probably on an 08 SGT.

Hi,

I see your posts on getting a SGT with add'l work performed.

I have a 07 white 5spd with 755 miles and mods being completed later this week that I may be selling. It is receiving Shelby /Paxton supercharger ( serial #0016) , 39lb FR injectors, dual FR fuel pumps, intercooler, full length Dynatech headers and hi-flo cats. Will be dynoed this wed/thurs. Car/paint/interior is 100 pct perfect. Let me know if you might have any interest in avoiding the "wait" . Thanks bob clawson 312 218 3196 cell.

Bob why are you selling may I ask?

Webba..I am not hard set on selling but I have too many projects going on ....my true passion is motorcycles ( but some how ended up with 6 cars).

I am working thru the Shelby Mods, but it has been time-consuming ...fyi..resevoir bracket from sai dont work under strut, sc belt rubs cylinder head, Diablo programmers dont read Shelby flash program.....there are a lot of details need attending to anyone having this done. ( if you want it done right). I think the only "engineering" SAI did with paxton was getting the Shelby logo on the compressor. I am an anal perfectionist...when car is done this week, it will be right & perfect (I expect approx 525-535 hp). I am going hi-flow vs hi boost route ( for reliability). The Dynatech full length headers with hi flow cats shout be good for 25-30 with the supercharger breathin right.

Other projects are two wheeled , including a 470-520 hp turbo bike...make all these 4 wheeler seem pretty pokey.

I really like the SGT, but also have a new Carerra C2, which is (also) a great car to "play with".

so we will see..if there is any interest, i will sell it, if not, i really like it as well so keeping it doesnt hurt in the least

regards

bob

...fyi..resevoir bracket from sai dont work under strut, sc belt rubs cylinder head, Diablo programmers dont read Shelby flash program.....

Just FYI, It's been posted several times on here by Bud and John (I think) that the car has to be flashed to stock before reprogramming. I think in my post on Kenne Bell and on the C&L intake that those also have to be flashed back to stock as well so it's not just a Shelby thing. It seems the 05-07 Mustangs are real bi--hy when it comes to their computers.

I was also told by Kenne Bell there is a second stock flash Ford (released later in 2007?) and the programmer has to be told which program your car has. Very confusing and ridiculous.

I sure by now you know that....via the hard way.

Just FYI, It's been posted several times on here by Bud and John (I think) that the car has to be flashed to stock before reprogramming. I think in my post on Kenne Bell and on the C&L intake that those also have to be flashed back to stock as well so it's not just a Shelby thing. It seems the 05-07 Mustangs are real bi--hy when it comes to their computers.

I was also told by Kenne Bell there is a second stock flash Ford (released later in 2007?) and the programmer has to be told which program your car has. Very confusing and ridiculous.

StumpBreaker...you are absolutely correct on the flash issue..its the same for any 're-tune" with a diablo...unfortunately neither me or my Installer/Tuner read every post on this stuff. I guess since virtually all the sai sc kits are going on SGTs , it would have really helped to know in advance via instructions & get the car reflashed back to stock before install (when running)...now I have to get a Ford dealer to come to the car for the work. Steve at Tampa Bay Shelby says even Ford there can't re-flash over the Shelby file...so I am still not sure I have resolved yet. I am not so much griping about the kit, just that like any upgrade of this level, there are a lot of little details that need to be worked out along the way. It should be great when done..we'll see the results later this week.

Is your car "inducted" ? which way did you go, what are results ?

thanks...bob

Getting one of those may be harder than just deciding you want one. I received notice on July 20, 2007, that my order for a 2008 SGT coupe had been accepted by the factory. The car shipped from Flatrock, Michigan on August 14, 2007, and should be in Las Vegas by now. Remember, they are making only 2100-2200 of the 2008 cars so you probably should get to going if you are going to do it (and you should do it). Good luck to you. Jim

Can anyone explain the difference in HP between the 2 different SCs? I.E. Paxton vs Whipple.

My understanding is the warranty is still good if performed by SAI. Shall I assume this is not the case if done at home? And does anyone know if the extended warranty bought from the dealer would be effected?

Sorry if this has been cover already I have been reading old posts for days

There are four S/C options available from SAI, either the Paxton (intercooled/non-intercooled), or the Whipple (intercooled/non-intercooled). The intercooled Paxton (which is a Novi 1200 air/water) is rated at 462 hp. I don't know about the non-intercooled Paxton hp. Theintercooled Whipple is rated at 500 hp, the non-intercooled Whipple is 400 hp. My understanding of the warranty regarding S/C's is: Install an intercooled S/C and your warranty is down the road, see ya, adios. If a non-intercooled Whipple is installed by a Ford authorizedservice center, you get a watered-down, mini warranty: 12 months, $8k total coverage, of which $5k covers the engine, $1500 each tranny and rear end. This info is per John at FRPP. I'm assuming that the loss of warranty pertains only to the drivetrain, I hope that if your bumper falls off, you're OK. But what about other engine components, suspension parts, etc? Will they try to weasel on those? Also, here's the rundown on available mods available from SAI and their installed costs:

Paxton S/C (satin) $6195

Paxton S/C (polished) $6395

Whipple FRPP S/C $7480

Whipple FRPP S/C (polished) $7850

Shelby/Baer big brakes $2400

Shelby/Baer Extreme brakes $4200

20" Shelby Razors w/tires $2175

Shelby brake duct kit $499

Shelby gauges (w/S/C) $1087

Shelby gauges (non S/C) $980

Lower grille w/driving lights $425

Sequential tail lights $249

GT spoiler $499

Billet fluid caps $310

C/S grille w/driving lights $575

GT-H/CS hood $1599

This info is per John at SAI, I hope this is OK to post here.

Isn't Nevada's sales tax 6.5%

Never checked. That's just what I was told. Now I have to check. Thanks!

Well I just checked. You are right and I am right. I copied this from the Sallie Mae Site.

Sales tax

The state sales tax in Nevada is 6.5 percent.

Counties can assess option taxes as well, making the combined state/county sales taxes rate in some areas as high as 7.75 percent.

I just took ownership of my new GT/SC. What is recommended to change my programming?

Also, is there a final number of GT/SC cars built by SAI for 2007?

My email took a dump and I couldn't reply. We don't know the official number of total Shelby GTs let alone the number of supercharged ones. I am sure Bud or somebody from SAI will let us know when they can. As far as the registry, we don't have the ability to view it yet either but I hope we will in the future.

I just took ownership of my new GT/SC. What is recommended to change my programming?

Also, is there a final number of GT/SC cars built by SAI for 2007?

It is just a guess at this point because like you some have order or maybe have their SGT?SC and have not posted any info.

So welcome! and please tell us about yours!

My count I am sure is incomplete but this is what I know

Shelbyguy #43

DaveC #65

Harley6.0 #196 (I think this was sold) maybe 2nd on the way

Socaljafo #187

CM198 #198 (1st completed)

swa737 #782 (waiting?)

69Shelby #895

Greengiant #914

GTHERO #1531

GT/SC #1685

ROSSGT #5322 (whipple)

Clink # ??? (Oct 5 pick up)

ColoradoShelbygt #???? (waiting)

Aodwyer # ??? (delivered 8/17/07)

Cobrawertz #??? (Waiting Whipple)

0shelby7 # ??? (Waiting)

Emperor of Chicken #??? (Waiting)

PopaDoodle #??? (Delivered 7/27/07)

MickeyMustang #??? (Waiting)

Rogerramjet #??? (Waiting)

Also have rumor of # 12 in the San Fernando Valley Ca ???

I am sorry if any errors or omissions please up date this post and welcome if have not previous posted

About 13 complete and around 20-22 known of for 2007.

SHELBYGUY

It is just a guess at this point because like you some have order or maybe have their SGT?SC and have not posted any info.

So welcome! and please tell us about yours!

My count I am sure is incomplete but this is what I know

Shelbyguy #43

DaveC #65

Harley6.0 #196 (I think this was sold) maybe 2nd on the way

Socaljafo #187

CM198 #198 (1st completed)

swa737 #782 (waiting?)

69Shelby #895

Greengiant #914

GTHERO #1531

GT/SC #1685

ROSSGT #5322 (whipple)

Clink # ??? (Oct 5 pick up)

ColoradoShelbygt #???? (waiting)

Aodwyer # ??? (delivered 8/17/07)

Cobrawertz #??? (Waiting Whipple)

0shelby7 # ??? (Waiting)

Emperor of Chicken #??? (Waiting)

PopaDoodle #??? (Delivered 7/27/07)

MickeyMustang #??? (Waiting)

Rogerramjet #??? (Waiting)

Also have rumor of # 12 in the San Fernando Valley Ca ???

I am sorry if any errors or omissions please up date this post and welcome if have not previous posted

About 13 complete and around 20-22 known of for 2007.

SHELBYGUY

#109 is in line for the mod shop to have the SC, lower grill, brakes, and razors installed.

Archived