TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Grabber Orange the way it oughta be!

pitpup

In addition to having a great looking Grabber Orange GT, you are a pretty good photographer. Have you tried to take pictures of your Stang a night? The later, the better...

John Moore

Grabber Orange Q

Thank you for the compliment. I'll have to try and find some places with alot of light. I'm thinking of this one Shell station that might be right. Think of all the red and yellow there. Truth be told, when I see this under flourescent lights, it looks baby poop yellow. (A lot of green, no warmth). But I will take your suggestion and try and find something to work with. Maybe I haven't given the beast a fair shake after sundown, lol.

As for the GOQ, is that your car? Are you a customer or an employee? I'm really liking the competition facia that you're showing on that night shot in the other thread. I like the stock front end, also. I think what's holding me up is I want to see one in person so I can judge how far the front juts out. I have a '97 Tbird with Wings West groud effects and I scrape now and then. With the stock Stang front end, I can drive it like I stole it and not worry about scraping the chin, etc.

I promised I wouldn't trade off driveability for looks with my 'Grabbah, Grabbah'.

Stan

Find someone familiar with Photoshop - they can work up some different graphic designs.

Stock is great - but sometimes just a little detail can add some class.

I know I'm going to do something to the flanks of my black GT. Too much black - no chrome - or accents at all. I've got to break that up - without going over the top!

I could do that. But the way the black hits the Steeda Q... it's just dead on and I don't see anyone improving on that look. Where I'm wrestling, RUF, is this. Do I keep the GT bone stock and thereby it's perceived value will increase in 20 years or doctor it up and look sweet now, at the (possible) expense of lessening it's value down the road.

For example. When I pass a pristine/virgin '96/'97 Tbird now, I like the way it looks so 'clean' compared to my custom Bird. My car is sharp, but sometimes, 'bone stock' just gets it done for me. Here's my Tbird. You tell me. All I'm saying is, sometimes, less is more.

Tbird.jpg

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man - what a sweet TBird! Clean!

I've had 4 previous Mustangs and kept them all bone stock.

My current 350Z is the first car I've modified since I was 17! And - I've never had more fun.

I spent hours and hours researching rims/tires - gears - intakes and plenums - and springs.

There's a special feeling that comes from adding a few things to make the car "your's." (if you can afford to do so)

If I was buying a Lexus or Honda - I wouldn't touch it.

I want this hot rod to be something I put some thought into - so when I enter it in car shows, I can have some fun talking about it - and people on the streets here know it's me coming toward them!

I'm not worried about resale. Mustangs don't do well in that area. Mod's are not cost effective - but it's my only hobby. Wifey says I deserve some fun.

Let's ride, Bro. :shift:

Guest evilchris

I'm not worried about resale. Mustangs don't do well in that area. Mod's are not cost effective - but it's my only hobby. Wifey says I deserve some fun.

Let's ride, Bro. :shift:

S197's have incredible resale value. Some people have been selling their 2005's for $1000 less than they paid for them.

I Think it's gonna be great to have one of theses machines, just wish i was as "hands on " as most of the people on here . when it comes to turning wrenches i get lost but i guess if you can pay the dealer to do it for you and have some kind of warranty , i'm all for it .

:rockon:

I'm not worried about resale. Mustangs don't do well in that area.

I couldn't agree more if were talking the first 10 years. But fast forward to 2027 or 2032. What would this car go for bone stock and in pristine condition on its 25th birthday? Can you say 'Barrett-Jackson' ?

My 'new' favorite shot (I gotta million of 'em!):

El_Diablo_037.jpg

Archived