TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Grabber Orange the way it oughta be!

pitpup

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Indirect Sunlight is a friend of Grabber Orange! Awesome. Matches your Oranges perfectly. :rockon:

Truer words were never spoken. As much as I love this color, to see it close up in direct sunlight is not one of my favorite views. Definately about an hour before sunset!

Love your sig! Your last line states you have all your hair yet your avatar cuts off your head right at the hairline. I guess we're on the honor system... and it seems to be working! :shrug:

Pup cool_oj.gif

Now y'all know why our grabber orange photos were ALWAYS different!

Looks AWESOME :rockon:

You know, Robert. I ordered my GT with spoiler delete and fanblades. The very configuration you caught with your camera. I'm happy that I changed my mind and went with spoiler and bullitts... both are very nice looking cars.

Thanks for looking,

Pup cool_oj.gif

Anyway, any modifications planned for it?

I've decided not to touch it for 1 year. I did get the drop in K&N filter, but that is hardly a mod. Still, that's the only thing I've changed or will change for now.

Pup cool_oj.gif

Pup - Bad Azz! :rockon:

Now crop the photo!

Very sweet color and lighting. :happy feet:

Got a vanity tag coming?

Thanks RUF. I've put in for WLDTANG here in New Jersey. Got my hard plates Friday. No word on the vanity plates. And no, I did not give them a second choice. It was WLDTANG or nothing. This is not to say I have to have those plates. It's just that I could not come up with a 2nd or 3rd choice that I was really crazy about. If WLDTANG does not make the trip, I'll put thinking cap back on and come up with a winner. I kinda like the word PEEL in there somewhere (IPEEL4U, BIGPEEL, SXAPEEL, BGPEELN, and of course, PEELTHS).

Will have to wait and see...

Pup cool_oj.gif

I chose one for my 05 GT that I'm going to have transferred to my Shelby ULBOW2ME, I think that'll work much better on the Shelby... any thoughts??

Thanks,

TSteff

when I read this post for some reason I thought of a related (well maybe not ) 7 digit possible lic plate:

what's the opposite above me?

belowme

I picked up 205588 today! Dealer didn't even want to spend any time going over anything on it because I guess they technically still own it until my wife returns from CA and we can sign the papers.

Wouldn't you know that it would be thunderstorming here this afternoon, so I will have to drive it home in the rain anyway. I guess it doesn't matter because I am going to clean her up tomorrow and put the Meguillars NXT on it to do my body inspection.

Great wicked fun to drive, but unfortunately I had to drive it to work (where I am now). Anyone find the depth of the guages a problem in the sunlight? Hard for me to read the battery guage, etc in the IUP...It had 4.9 miles on it when I picked it up.

Also I was wondering about installation of the rear plates on your cars which were delivered. They left my plates off because I was telling them not to drill anything. Surprising that all that Ford does at the plant is put a little pilot dimple in the back plate where someone is expected to drill with a drill bit into the fiber. Can't they come up with an install which has the holes countersinked with some hardware? Anyone else have an issue with a raw drill bit going into the back of your car?

Other people on other forums have complained about the Sirius and the scoop install being rough. I took a look at them and I think that they are clean enough...

Very cool pics. I love the rims from this angle :bandance:

What's your break-in schedule?

Tag: "BADORANG"

Hey RUF! Modified the pic... slightly, LOL. I think I broke 5k once before 500 miles. Did not use cruise control for first 500 miles. I changed the oil with conventional 5w20 at 214 miles. At 700 miles I hit redline about 10 times 'testing' my brother's 6.0L GTO. Backed off and have not cracked 5500 since then. At 1496 miles, I drained the conventional oil and put in Mobil 1 synthetic (7500 mile, not the 15k mile extended performance) and the Mobil 1 top o' the line filter.

I ordered this tag: WLDTANG. Yours has 8 letters and we're restricted to 7 in New Jersey.

Say, Ruf... your sig sez previous mustangs... ''03 Mach 1". Do you still have it or is it indeed, in that 'previous' group? Either way, answer me this. From a pure seat of the pants feeling, which car 'seems' faster stock: Your S197 or the Mach 1? And, do you miss the shaker hood?

As for me, I'm holding off on the lowering springs until at least my next set of tires. Have been thinking of 255/45/18's but this will be a little ways off. (1800+ miles as of today!)

The one mod I've been drooling over since 2004 when I knew I'd be getting an S197 were the 10" LeMans stripes (1.5" apart). I wanted them on the Tungsten '06 I had picked out and the Vista Blue '06. (Satin Silver and White respectively).

Well, when it was leaked Grabber Orange would be a color for 2007, I deciced to order one of those. I was leaning towards Tungsten stripes on G.O. but the wife suggested white. 3M has that antique white that I think would look good... can you say creamsicle?

The car has so much 'pop' that I think stipes would put it over the top in a Jim Carey sort of way. Right now it's just plain cool (emphasis on 'plain').

Grabber_Wht.jpg

Then again, there's the whole black hood with either boss or reverse C stripes...

69styleGT.jpg

Think I'll consult the official manual...

Newbies.jpg

In closing, I believe if I was going to do anything to El Diablo (born 6/6/6) it would be a Saleen S/C. This would be in about two years? We'll see.

Have a great weekend, thanks for posting...

Say, is it Grabber Orange in here or is it just me? cool_oj.gif

I love the black hood and side stripes! Very cool.

The Mach is gone. Yeah - the shaker was very cool. It would lean to the right when you got on the gas. And that thing Pulled! It felt like it wanted to keep going past redline. Significant seat of the pants increase in power from my 5.0. And it felt more than 300hp. I used to get 3 feet of rubber in 2nd gear without powershifting!

Hey 'Pup, I did it. Yes, IT. Finally...

I placed my order yesterday, August 4th. Estimating 6-8 weeks for delivery. And yes, I'm quite stoked! :woohoo:

Here’s what I ordered:

2007 Mustang GT Premium Coupe - T82/140A

Grabber Orange Paint - U3

5-Speed Automatic Transmission - 44L

Mustang GT Appearance Package - 54G

Active Anti-Theft System - 14A

Front Seat Side-Mounted Air Bags - 43A

Interior Upgrade Package - 18G

Satin Aluminum Instrument Panel Appliqué - 67L

Premium Trim with Color Accent Package - 68B

SIRIUS Satellite Radio - 50S

Locking Lug Nuts - 17L

Spoiler Delete Option - 13D

Hey 'Pup, I did it. Yes, IT. Finally...

I placed my order yesterday, August 4th. Estimating 6-8 weeks for delivery. And yes, I'm quite stoked! :woohoo:

Here’s what I ordered:

2007 Mustang GT Premium Coupe - T82/140A

Grabber Orange Paint - U3

5-Speed Automatic Transmission - 44L

Mustang GT Appearance Package - 54G

Active Anti-Theft System - 14A

Front Seat Side-Mounted Air Bags - 43A

Interior Upgrade Package - 18G

Satin Aluminum Instrument Panel Appliqué - 67L

Premium Trim with Color Accent Package - 68B

SIRIUS Satellite Radio - 50S

Locking Lug Nuts - 17L

Spoiler Delete Option - 13D

Sweeeeet! Its a beautiful day in South Philly area, so I am sure that Stan is out cruising. Celtic, I thought that you had ordered one already! Well, at least you finally pulled the trigger...Congrats on a great color...

Thanks, Flash! Nope, I didn't "hit the button" until yesterday (4 August 2006 18:46:47 Pacific Standard Time to be precise). I've been getting my ducks in a row for a few weeks, waiting for the right time. Funny thing is, I thought I'd have to wait until next Spring. But after crunching the numbers, I realized I could swing it.

Now comes the wait... :blush:

Archived