TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Grabber Orange the way it oughta be!

pitpup

Today I went to a local performance shop. Just checking out what they had, what kind of services they specialize in. I've been by there before and seen a lot of 2005+ Mustangs in their parking lot. They were quite taken with the GO color vert (they said that they had seen one from MD before me - a coupe). Anyway, they then asked if they could get me to park it next to their black and silver tailer after they move the 8 tire racks that they had next to it and take a picture to use in their new brochures. So, right now I am thinking, "Should I be a Richard and say that I charge $100/hr for photo shoots, or should I use this as leverage to get a deal from them in the future?" I opted for being a nice guy because there was a chick involved with the camera.

Of course, the guy there was telling me about how the cold air mod and 87 dynotune could get me an immediate boost of 30 horses for around $700 installed and about how they have done so many that they could have me in and out in 30 minutes. Anyway, I told him that I would chew on that one. I want to enjoy it for a while before I bang on it...He also claimed that if you went for the high octane tune (93) that you get a 2 MPG boost, so in the long run it is cheaper on gas. I guess if you're getting 16 MPG, then that's like 1/8th of a gallon, or about $0.35 per gallon. So, if his claims are correct, then it might be something worth checking out, but who wants to be reliant on high octane.

Oh, Stan, I was pleased to find out with these guys that they carry 303 in their shop. That's when I decided that I should talk to these guys! If you want me to pick you up a bottle, they are just down the road from me.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey 'Pup, I did it. Yes, IT. Finally...

I placed my order yesterday, August 4th. Estimating 6-8 weeks for delivery. And yes, I'm quite stoked! :woohoo:

Here’s what I ordered:

2007 Mustang GT Premium Coupe - T82/140A

Grabber Orange Paint - U3

5-Speed Automatic Transmission - 44L

Mustang GT Appearance Package - 54G

Active Anti-Theft System - 14A

Front Seat Side-Mounted Air Bags - 43A

Interior Upgrade Package - 18G

Satin Aluminum Instrument Panel Appliqué - 67L

Premium Trim with Color Accent Package - 68B

SIRIUS Satellite Radio - 50S

Locking Lug Nuts - 17L

Spoiler Delete Option - 13D

Well it's about dadgum time. You'll still have some nice weather to cruise around in, so that will be cool. I was at the Glenside show yesterday with the kids from BadMustangsClub.com. We got dis'd in a major way. The only class we could enter was 'daily driver'... none of our Stangs won. To top it off, an older Suburban IN PRIMER took 2nd (trophies to the top 3 in each class).

PRIMER!

I see you ordered the locking nuts. Is this in anticipation of some cool aftermarket wheels or did you forget to put 64sumptin' in your laundry list? Either way. CONGRATS and good luck on the waiting.

I'm here for you... :rockon:

Dude! Thanks. My decision to purchase the car sooner than later was due in some part, to your fanatical urging and enthusiasm. See, you can have influence over someone you never even met, on the other side of the continent! One thing is for sure: all of your pix have made my screen saver more enjoyable...

A word about the locking lug nuts: I'm not a fearful person. Have no use for the stuff. However, I don't see the harm in taking simple precautions to dissuade ne'er-do-wells from helping themselves to my wheels. If they want 'em, they'll have to work for 'em!

I will eventually replace the stock wheels with Mach I wheels, as part of a larger plan of converting the car to a retro Mach I clone. Ambitious project, but it should be fun.

Remember Chris, I post images 600 wide by ?? high. I have all the high resolution versions back at the crib. (Sorry, retro word for a retro body style.) (Just talkin' 'bout Shaft) (Dayum, it's like Turretts!)

The Mach I wheels would be sweet. Try and imagine them on this:

El_Diablo_020.jpg

Hey, Stan one lesson that I learned on BMC is to change the resolution on your pics to 300 DPI (your camera is probably set at 180 DPI) and then downsize them. Makes 'em pop!

10-4... I shoot all my originals at 2272 by 1704... crop them the way I want them... then re-size to 600 wide by whatever the height comes out to be. I'm sure some of the cars are 1800 pixels wide before I run my game. Yeppir, I'm all about the pop!

Dang good advice, tho! Always shoot the largest you can. Always! :woohoo:

Oh, Stan, I was pleased to find out with these guys that they carry 303 in their shop. That's when I decided that I should talk to these guys! If you want me to pick you up a bottle, they are just down the road from me.

I picked up some last week over here in Marlton at a place that sells kayaking stuff. Nice shop... Anywho, my interior is done and looks great. Almost too good. The wet look has been clinging of for a week however the seats do not feel slippery (no excess). So far, I like it.

Never thought of using it on the seats...Hmmmm

While it says you can use it for leather, I don't. I use Meguires Leather treatment. The back seats and the backs of the front seats are pleather, so I use the 303 on those surfaces. Also the inlays on the doors.

So, we were discussing this in BOF. Apparently a lot of folks feel that their exhaust tips are uneven - one side hangs lower than the other...What about you Stan?

They're spot on even. You'll see them for yourself on Saturday afternoon! Now my testicles are a different story. Fortunately I won't be showing them on Saturday or any other day for that matter. But I've been told one side hangs lower than the other. While this used to concern me greatly, they're outta warranty now, so I suppose I'll just have to live with 'em. :cry:

Try that same shot about 6 feet up on a step ladder. It might reduce the size of the rear end?

Called Jenny Craig. Evidently, the step ladder trick only works on cars. Go figgur??!!

Okie, Dokie, RUF. No harm, no foul. You're still the coolest MOFO in a FOMOCO I know. Jenny Craig has a WELL KNOWN weight loss program. You were talking about reducing the size of the rear end... connection should be simple now, eh? Maybe you're just too damn skinny to have any association with ol' Jenny? That would be a good thing.

Chris, your spelling abilities just amaze me. Every time you employ (nice, huh?) a $64 word, it's spelled correctly. You need to bypass the car shows and head for the over 35 spelling bee in your region. You rok, dude!

Alan. Hope I did not offend you with the testicle segue, but MAN. You just led everyone right down that road and the 'wannabe comedian' (yes I did a little stand-up) just took control. I'm sure NOBODY here wants to see my testicles, and I just want you to know I have the balls to say that out loud. (Of course, you'll have to take my word on that as we have already established they're not for public viewing).

Of course, the first wife might step up and argue that point, but I can assure you, this was first on my list of items I wanted returned to me when we hit the Big D and I don't mean Dallas!

Lastly, nobody questioned the 'AHEC' reference. So I will give this information up freely. 'Ability to Handle Eccentric Comedy'.

Chris, good luck on your wait. Alan, I'll see you tomorrow about 4-4:30. RUF, try using Google now and then. And remember...

You don't need nitrous when ya gots citrus... RunningGrabber.jpg

Bryan, is that REALLY you? As Darth Vader would say... 'Most impressive!'

Getting back to the picture that has the big rear end, let me say this about that. I really like that angle for the S197. It is indeed, by favorite angle 3/4 rear. I EMBRACE the big rear end.

:hysterical: You're killin' me over here!

You EMBRACE the big rear end! :happy feet:

I'll keep my photo opinions to myself from now on!

All I know is your grabba rocks. :rockon:

If and when they build mine - hopefully mine will, too.

...Vader??...

:hysterical: You're killin' me over here!

You EMBRACE the big rear end! :happy feet:

I'll keep my photo opinions to myself from now on!

All I know is your grabba rocks. :rockon:

If and when they build mine - hopefully mine will, too.

...Vader??...

I'm not going to explain 'Vader'... I am, however, going to show you another shot of my big rear end:

El_Diablo_027.jpg

Find someone familiar with Photoshop - they can work up some different graphic designs.

Stock is great - but sometimes just a little detail can add some class.

I know I'm going to do something to the flanks of my black GT. Too much black - no chrome - or accents at all. I've got to break that up - without going over the top!

Archived