TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Fun at Texas Motor Speedway

reedae1856

Last weekend was Laps for Charity at Texas Motor Speedway. I only ran 3 laps and only got up to around 90 mph. 75 mph was suposed to be the limit. But I had fun anyway. Just wish the Honda Accord would have gotten out of the way. Hope you all enjoy.

SGT3670

Edit - forgot to let you all know the windows were down so it sounds like I am in a wind tunnel.

Last weekend was Laps for Charity at Texas Motor Speedway. I only ran 3 laps and only got up to around 90 mph. 75 mph was suposed to be the limit. But I had fun anyway. Just wish the Honda Accord would have gotten out of the way. Hope you all enjoy.

Honda Accord? It wasn't me!! :D

(my daily driver/work vehicle)

I'm surprised they let you get up to 90. When my buddy went a few months ago they actually kicked a guy out for going 100.

He said on the last lap they let him get above 75.

Honda Accord? It wasn't me!! :D

(my daily driver/work vehicle)

I'm surprised they let you get up to 90. When my buddy went a few months ago they actually kicked a guy out for going 100.

He said on the last lap they let him get above 75.

Why bother going is all they let you do is 75 mph? Most states let you go that fast on the highway without giving you a ticket.

Hey SGT 3670,

That is a great video. I did the same thing at Talladega and it was awesome. They paced us at about 90, but if you held back and created some space between you and the car in front of you, it was possible to hit 130 going into turn 3. Quite a blast.

I wish I had thought of video taping.

Here are a couple of shots:

900108850_22da707078_b.jpg

900108550_60cfda12c9_b.jpg

Archived