TEAM SHELBY FORUM

CSM number

Congrats on the SSs guys, but dont forget some of these numbers might change if yall are going somewhere besides SAI to get the conversions done. If your going to SAI then the 500s arent really that far out. SAI is skipping 300-499. :headspin:

michael morris

Well, I didn't read real far back, but it looks like someone is gathering info on the Super Snake cars?? I gave my deposit on 11/28/07, CSM#08SS0125 Garbber Orange with stripe delete.

Does anyone have an idea what the timing might be? How many have been done? I plan on taking my car to Vegas BABY.............. :happy feet:

Aggie

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, I didn't read real far back, but it looks like someone is gathering info on the Super Snake cars?? I gave my deposit on 11/28/07, CSM#08SS0125 Garbber Orange with stripe delete.

Does anyone have an idea what the timing might be? How many have been done? I plan on taking my car to Vegas BABY.............. :happy feet:

Aggie

Congratulations-Welcome to the club. You asked the same question we all have been asking for a while now. There has been no firm word as to time lines as yet.

You think you are excited now, wait until you drive that puppy for the first time, it will absolutely blow you away!

I was waiting for you to come over and give us poor goofs some input. So how you like it. I read that you are going to change the exhaust back. Not loud enought for you?

michael morris

I was waiting for you to come over and give us poor goofs some input. So how you like it. I read that you are going to change the exhaust back. Not loud enought for you?

michael morris

Michael,

I cannot say enough good stuff about the car. It is beautiful, mean, classy and aggressive all at the same time. You will get a totally different car than what you sent to Vegas. The power is instant and powerful in any gear. When this supercharger kicks in, you know it. It screams. The handling is what the car should have been coming out of the blocks. It now tracks like it is on rails. The new suspension and the adjustable panhard bar takes the little jumpy wiggle out of the rear end when you go over bumps or rough roads at speeds. It is an excellent package, a complete package. You can handle the power because the suspension is designed for that power. It is potentially more dangerous because of the power, but it is safer at the same time because it handles better. The ride is stiff, you will notice a difference. It's still softer than my wife's BMW Z4 roadster.

The exhaust is the only issue that did not exceed my expectations. I do not think I will be the only one disappointed on this issue, but many will be happy I'm sure. Different strokes as they used to say. I will also be widening my rear wheels to 10.5 inches to put 305's on. You guys get 10 inch wheels so many of you will probably opt into 295's at some point I would guess. I can't believe they will fit, but Todd on another thread has done the mod.

Looks, power, and handling. It doesn't get any better than this.

You're gonna like what you get, I guarantee it.

Michael,

I cannot say enough good stuff about the car. It is beautiful, mean, classy and aggressive all at the same time. You will get a totally different car than what you sent to Vegas. The power is instant and powerful in any gear. When this supercharger kicks in, you know it. It screams. The handling is what the car should have been coming out of the blocks. It now tracks like it is on rails. The new suspension and the adjustable panhard bar takes the little jumpy wiggle out of the rear end when you go over bumps or rough roads at speeds. It is an excellent package, a complete package. You can handle the power because the suspension is designed for that power. It is potentially more dangerous because of the power, but it is safer at the same time because it handles better. The ride is stiff, you will notice a difference. It's still softer than my wife's BMW Z4 roadster.

The exhaust is the only issue that did not exceed my expectations. I do not think I will be the only one disappointed on this issue, but many will be happy I'm sure. Different strokes as they used to say. I will also be widening my rear wheels to 10.5 inches to put 305's on. You guys get 10 inch wheels so many of you will probably opt into 295's at some point I would guess. I can't believe they will fit, but Todd on another thread has done the mod.

:drop:

:cry:

Waiting hurts... so much...

Kepp writing on this once in a while. We're living through you.. :surrender:

Michael,

Thanks for giving all of us alittle teaser. Im trying to be patient, but its never really worked for me in this life. :hysterical2:

michael morris

He has a 40th anv. with the 725HP SS upgrade. I think its the first 725HP released. NOT the FIRST Super Snake, but the first witht the 725HP

michael morris

This is correct. It also has the 3.73 grears, SVT quick throw linkage, and big breaks upgrade. So it has the exact performance as a SS with the Shelby suspension but the looks of the 40th. The car dynoed out in Florida at 619.72 rwhp and 588.87 torque with boost at 17.51. It is right on the money from what SAI has advertised.

08SS0234

725hp to start with. Then the fun begins.

Vista Blue with White Stripes. Looking for a great paint shop here in Texas to customize my stripes into flames.

He has a 40th anv. with the 725HP SS upgrade. I think its the first 725HP released. NOT the FIRST Super Snake, but the first witht the 725HP

michael morris

Thanks for the feedback Michael----This makes waiting for my SS conversion even harder

You're trying to make it a Trans-Am or Firebird??? :headscratch:

Hell no! Instead of the stripes, I'm going to have flames painted on in place of the stripes. They'll be dark like the flat black stripes are. On the sides where it says GT500 and Supersnake, it'll be painted on in the same colors as the flames.

I'm planning on SAI for the conversion.

This is correct. It also has the 3.73 grears, SVT quick throw linkage, and big breaks upgrade. So it has the exact performance as a SS with the Shelby suspension but the looks of the 40th. The car dynoed out in Florida at 619.72 rwhp and 588.87 torque with boost at 17.51. It is right on the money from what SAI has advertised.

Does it have a strut brace? I heard SAI was working on one for the KB/725hp cars.

I put what little info I have on the 07 and 08 SSs in a spreadsheet today.

07s 41 total, 7 verts, 33 coupes.

highest number 0541 lowest number 0023. so you can see Im missing alot of folks info, but it still fun.

08s 21 total 2 verts, 19 coupes

highest number 0323( 401, buts going to Quantum) lowest 0003. missing alot of info on these also.

Im going to start a NEW thread and make it sticky so folks can add them as they can.

michael morris

Does it have a strut brace? I heard SAI was working on one for the KB/725hp cars.

GT,

It does not have the strut tower brace. You have heard the same thing I have, SAI is working on it. I spoke with Kenne Bell today about a couple of issues. Surprise, you have an extra tune that you will not know about. Your tuner comes with a race tune that requries 100 octane race gas. I also confirmed that you will have a 3.5 inch aluminium dynatec drive shaft. I saw the label when they replaced the mufflers. I don't want to hijack the thread but there are some pictures that you might want to see. I have already replaced the exhaust. Back to FRPP 5gt. Oh yea baby, now she sounds like she ought to.

http://s234.photobucket.com/albums/ee210/cobrafan/

GT,

It does not have the strut tower brace. You have heard the same thing I have, SAI is working on it. I spoke with Kenne Bell today about a couple of issues. Surprise, you have an extra tune that you will not know about. Your tuner comes with a race tune that requries 100 octane race gas. I also confirmed that you will have a 3.5 inch aluminium dynatec drive shaft. I saw the label when they replaced the mufflers. I don't want to hijack the thread but there are some pictures that you might want to see. I have already replaced the exhaust. Back to FRPP 5gt. Oh yea baby, now she sounds like she ought to.

NIce pics, thanks for sharing! Looks like you went with the polished SC ($1,300)? I'm thinking satin, polished seems too pricey, but I don't think I'll be happy with black.

Great looking ride!

First of all, congratulations on your car; it looks stunning. I have a couple of questions:

1) On the added instrument cluster, does it tie into the existing dash lights? Does it change color and intensity in concert with the existing lights?

2) Are you satisfied with the quality of the leather and does it match the dash?

Thanks and enjoy your car.

switz

NIce pics, thanks for sharing! Looks like you went with the polished SC ($1,300)? I'm thinking satin, polished seems too pricey, but I don't think I'll be happy with black.

Great looking ride!

Black actually looks pretty good. I think the elbow is polished so it is just the supercharger that is black. Kind of two tone. It looks pretty good any way you get it.

First of all, congratulations on your car; it looks stunning. I have a couple of questions:

1) On the added instrument cluster, does it tie into the existing dash lights? Does it change color and intensity in concert with the existing lights?

2) Are you satisfied with the quality of the leather and does it match the dash?

Thanks and enjoy your car.

switz

1) Yes the instrument cluster ties into the existing dash lights, but it does not share the color feature. The lights are a soft very light yellow and are very easy to see at night.

2) I am satisfied with the leather. I'm sure there are many folks that will find fault. It doesn't match perfectly, but anybody that looks at your car is going to be blown away and not realize that it has a slightly different grain and color.

A bigger issue is the rear break calipers. Almost everyone notices that they do not match the front. I'm removing mine and painting them to match the front.

I put what little info I have on the 07 and 08 SSs in a spreadsheet today.

07s 41 total, 7 verts, 33 coupes.

highest number 0541 lowest number 0023. so you can see Im missing alot of folks info, but it still fun.

08s 21 total 2 verts, 19 coupes

highest number 0323( 401, buts going to Quantum) lowest 0003. missing alot of info on these also.

Im going to start a NEW thread and make it sticky so folks can add them as they can.

michael morris

nice job Michael-Do you know if they are going to do all the 07s before they start the 08s or are they going to do them together

GT,

Thanks for the info. Great pics. Love the collage poster David did for you.

Oh ya, your 40th is stunning.

Archived