TEAM SHELBY FORUM

CSM number

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vista Blue coupe from Alpine, Utah . . . CSM 07SS0032.

I've been on the 40th list since November of 2006, jumped over to the SuperSnake list and gave SAI my $10K deposit in July of 2007, and was told it would be the September / October timeframe. However, I highly doubt it with everything they have going on at SAI. Regardless, much like the rest of you, I am dying to get the package done and I sure hope it'll be worth the long, long wait!

Anyone have any additional info on SS timeframes? If anyone gets a call from the SS list to ship their car down to Vegas please let us know!!

Michael I havent been on as much as of late so I didnt realize you were getting a SS. I just wanted to say congrads! You are a terrific guy...even for a car salesman....and no one deserves it more :)

thanks!!!

im so excited that my boss (wife) is letting me get one. i got a really good number and im so happy i cant stand it. i dont know if i deserve or not. just happy that its happening

michael morris

thanks!!!

im so excited that my boss (wife) is letting me get one. i got a really good number and im so happy i cant stand it. i dont know if i deserve or not. just happy that its happening

michael morris

Well IMO and alot of people on here you definitely deserve one. Now your wife may not agree but who cares she said it was OK for you to get one and still stay married so thats all that matters!LOL Do you have any idea when you will see it? I am totally out of the loop on SS delivery times.

Well IMO and alot of people on here you definitely deserve one. Now your wife may not agree but who cares she said it was OK for you to get one and still stay married so thats all that matters!LOL Do you have any idea when you will see it? I am totally out of the loop on SS delivery times.

i think the car will be built in early Nov. then get shipped by the end of the year. then its up to the guys and gals at SAI to get to work on her. SAI will be doing the 08 SGTs, SS, and 40th anv. cars so it could take some time, but im thinking of sending them a box of cookies so that they will build mine first! did yall at SAI read that. one box of cookies for ya :lol::lol:

michael morris

• 4 weeks later...

PERFORMANCE WHITE WITH VISTA BLUE BUT NO NUMBER ASSIGNED YET. WITH ALL OF THESE WHITE WITH BLUE CARS I DON'T SEE WHY THE SS CAN'T RETAIN THE ORIGINAL STRIPE COLOR.

BOBHGT350

Guys,

I converted to the SS and my number is 273. It's a red conv. so it will have the 600 HP package. Curious what color brakes people are going with? Can't wait to get Super Snaked. Problem is it could be a while.

Steve Crowe

hey all,

first time to this blog. my csm is 07SS0278. for the record, i like the spread old style shelby lettering on the back. wish it was on the hood as well. wish there was some form of super snake emblem on the back as well. and i REALLY wish we could have the color option on stripes. my car is vista blue with white stripes. the black will be hard to see which is why i think their arguement that 'black stripes make it clear to everyone that this is a super snake' is wrong. the style of the stripes makes it a super snake. white stripes on my car would make people know its a super snake more than black. anyway, i've got the pitch from them: you can have any color of stripes you want, as long as they're black!! that all said, i love the car and can't wait till its a super snake. can anyone guess the timeframe for my number??

poohtang

can anyone guess the timeframe for my number??

poohtang

Dear 'Tang;

I emailed Adrienne last week and she confirmed that NOONE has been scheduled for the SS package at this time. The answer to your question becomes 2 questions, when will they start and how many can they do a month.

Bob

Hello all from Montana!!

My number is 07SS0410 it's black with black interior. I think I'm the only Super Snake in Montana. It's to bad we have a speed limit now. But I bet I find some open country to see what a 725+hp Super Snake can do. I also think my Saleen will be under cover for awhile. Driving the SS will be the priority!!

Also when I talked to Amy a few weeks back she gave me an idea that my SS would probably be worked on some time in the spring of 08. Hope that helps a little on time frames.

Bart

Hello all from Montana!!

My number is 07SS0410 it's black with black interior. I think I'm the only Super Snake in Montana. It's to bad we have a speed limit now. But I bet I find some open country to see what a 725+hp Super Snake can do. I also think my Saleen will be under cover for awhile. Driving the SS will be the priority!!

Also when I talked to Amy a few weeks back she gave me an idea that my SS would probably be worked on some time in the spring of 08. Hope that helps a little on time frames.

Bart

welcome to the boards and congrats on the SS.

michael morris

welcome to the boards and congrats on the SS.

michael morris

Guys,

One thing to remember is just because you see a CSM number of 700 doesn't mean there are 700 SS. Many of these numbers were random. That is what I have been told. Hope this helps and I will just put mine to bed for the winter and hope to have a new spring toy.

Steve Crowe SS 273

Has anyone received a phone call yet stating there build date yet on the SuperSnakes. Also does anyone have any information on the 725hp version? All I have heard is a late Fall or early Winter starting dates. The 725hp is that we are working on it and will advise.

Michael Keefe

SS07401

Guys,

One thing to remember is just because you see a CSM number of 700 doesn't mean there are 700 SS. Many of these numbers were random. That is what I have been told. Hope this helps and I will just put mine to bed for the winter and hope to have a new spring toy.

Steve Crowe SS 273

Hi Steve, the numbers are not random, they are given in order of calls and receipt of deposit. If you are 700, then you are the 700th person to leave a deposit.

Amy

Hi Steve, the numbers are not random, they are given in order of calls and receipt of deposit. If you are 700, then you are the 700th person to leave a deposit.

Amy

Guys,

Sorry about that, when I was talking with Cynthia about the 40th she said that you gave a number out once someone committed but then everyone did not come through with the deposit so that left numbers given that was not going to be used. I just thought that might have happened with the SS since I just converted to SS and my number was 273 and I thought that I just picked up someones number that did not come through. Am I correct in that there are only about 300 SS to date? Just curious, sorry for creating confusion. Can't wait to get the super snaked.

Steve Crowe

Guys,

Sorry about that, when I was talking with Cynthia about the 40th she said that you gave a number out once someone committed but then everyone did not come through with the deposit so that left numbers given that was not going to be used. I just thought that might have happened with the SS since I just converted to SS and my number was 273 and I thought that I just picked up someones number that did not come through. Am I correct in that there are only about 300 SS to date? Just curious, sorry for creating confusion. Can't wait to get the super snaked.

Steve Crowe

We all seem to be frustrated over the lack of better specifics from SAI. I only get the same vague start dates of winter with no details. I have asked about what the delays are as I have heard they are still waiting on brake systems and superchargers, but again no details. Amy had said we would be getting emails with info updates. Has anyone received something more than what we see on this blog? Why the mystery? Come on SAI, give us some specifics! What's holding up production and if it is nothing, then give us a start date. Then there is TASCA and the reported other 5 or so authorized shops that are suppose to be opening over the next year. What's real and where will they be? How will it affect our build dates which are still our own guesses anyway!?!? I'm starting to feel the corporate growth factor driving Shelby more than I'd like. Anyway, just blowing off steam and wondering if anybody knows anything real. Like the rest of you, I can't wait which is why it's so frustrating to have no good info.

Cheers,

poohtang

07SS0278

We all seem to be frustrated over the lack of better specifics from SAI. I only get the same vague start dates of winter with no details. I have asked about what the delays are as I have heard they are still waiting on brake systems and superchargers, but again no details. Amy had said we would be getting emails with info updates. Has anyone received something more than what we see on this blog? Why the mystery? Come on SAI, give us some specifics! What's holding up production and if it is nothing, then give us a start date. Then there is TASCA and the reported other 5 or so authorized shops that are suppose to be opening over the next year. What's real and where will they be? How will it affect our build dates which are still our own guesses anyway!?!? I'm starting to feel the corporate growth factor driving Shelby more than I'd like. Anyway, just blowing off steam and wondering if anybody knows anything real. Like the rest of you, I can't wait which is why it's so frustrating to have no good info.

Cheers,

poohtang

07SS0278

from what i understand and i have spent some time talking with the folks at SAI. that the biggest hold up is waiting on parts. everything for this car is special built and it takes time to get them designed and made. i believe they might be changing somethings since the prototype came out. i dont know this for fact. Amy or John could answer better than me, but i pretty sure im correct on most of this.

i also think they have to finish building the 08 SGTs before they go full bore on the SS.

michael morris

from what i understand and i have spent some time talking with the folks at SAI. that the biggest hold up is waiting on parts. everything for this car is special built and it takes time to get them designed and made. i believe they might be changing somethings since the prototype came out. i dont know this for fact. Amy or John could answer better than me, but i pretty sure im correct on most of this.

i also think they have to finish building the 08 SGTs before they go full bore on the SS.

michael morris

I have to agree with poohtang. SAI has $10,000 deposit and all I got was a letter in the mail with my CSM number on it. That was some time ago. No further communication at all. No emails as told, no updates, no order of productions. Did SAI jump the gun on this program and not really ready to deliver. I think many of us are EXCITED, but starting to cool with out any effective communication on this.

Just my opinion.

The production delays seem to be consistant no matter what package you have chosen. The 40th was to begin 1st quarter of 2007, which then was said to be delayed until late summer, at which time they would dedicate 4 lifts to the program. Delays continued, but SAI still insisted that they would complete 300 40th cars by year end, and be well into the SS production. To date they have completed only 33 40th cars and from what I understand they have 1 car on the way for the SS conversion. I was told they plan on completing 2 productionn SS cars now. The first one will be for Mr. Shelby.

There has certainly been enough indication that would suggest that the delays will continue. I truly hope they prove me wrong.

Archived