TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT suspension

blueshawk

At times my SGT seems a little stiff, but that is part of the fun. I took a drive from Orange County, CA to Pebble Beach (6 hrs) and had no regrets about the ride quality. What I would like though is better handling. I still think the rear end feels a little sloppy when pushed. Anyone come with an enhancement to the cornering?

I am nothing if not old school, so excuse my input, but I have wanted a shelby since I was 14 and a half.

So, unless I slip a disc, and @ 43 that is more than possible, I will happily drive the car as the GOD of street machines (CS) indended it to be driven.... with the original SHELBY mutha F*&$in Suspension.

And feel honored to do so. Driving this car is like dating the prom queen, only she is quieter,,,,

even with the Hi Po exhaust......... LOL!

Sure I bounce all over the place, but if your buy a Boss 429 you don't b!tch about gas milage right?

I am nothing if not old school, so excuse my input, but I have wanted a shelby since I was 14 and a half.

So, unless I slip a disc, and @ 43 that is more than possible, I will happily drive the car as the GOD of street machines (CS) indended it to be driven.... with the original SHELBY mutha F*&$in Suspension.

And feel honored to do so. Driving this car is like dating the prom queen, only she is quieter,,,,

even with the Hi Po exhaust......... LOL!

Sure I bounce all over the place, but if your buy a Boss 429 you don't b!tch about gas milage right?

hell i'm only 34 and i was slippin disks in my mid to late 20's from workin on loading docks...herniated or ruptured disks is what u DONT want to have because then u wont be able to drive again unless its in a caddy with a pillow under ur asteroid orafice. :blink:

if u think the shelby is rough riding, try riding in the 86 chevy 4x4 i traded in for this... i never said that the shelby was unbearable... i just like the lumbar adjuster in it :D

after driving around arkansas roads in a worn out death trap of a 4x4 truck with straight axles, burned out power windows, no A/C and with one of the fuel tanks rusted through, my new shelby is a caddilac compared to that old beater so to me the lumbar adjuster is a neato gadget and i cant believe i have windows that accually work :D... i still havent discovered all of what this car probly has. heehhehe

and yes they did take the truck as trade in...for $1200 :) i used that thing up...which is what i'll probly do to my shelby heehhEHheHEhE :P just kiddin...i been babying this thing since day one.

so anyway i wasnt tryin to make fun of u old schooler schools...i was just complimenting on the seat's features

What I would like though is better handling. I still think the rear end feels a little sloppy when pushed. Anyone come with an enhancement to the cornering?

...A watts link. It will take that jumpy rear end feel that is caused by the pan hard rod. I think you can find them from about $400-1300. The cost varies by design. I selected the FAYS2 watts link for $625. You can pay to have it installed or do it at home. It isn't overly complicated but requires some big wrenches and a drive on lift would be nice.

...A watts link. It will take that jumpy rear end feel that is caused by the pan hard rod. I think you can find them from about $400-1300. The cost varies by design. I selected the FAYS2 watts link for $625. You can pay to have it installed or do it at home. It isn't overly complicated but requires some big wrenches and a drive on lift would be nice.

I called Jim Fay and ordered mine today. Everything I've read sounded positive.

Archived