TEAM SHELBY FORUM

20 inch wheel pics

gt7er

hello all, im really desperate to see some 20 inch wheels on stock suspension...i cant decide if i want to lower the car (once i buy it this week) or not...i think the 20inches fill out the wheel well pretty well.

could you guys please help me out? i just cant find that many pics out there with 20 inch wheels on stock suspension!

thanks people!

hello all, im really desperate to see some 20 inch wheels on stock suspension...i cant decide if i want to lower the car (once i buy it this week) or not...i think the 20inches fill out the wheel well pretty well.

could you guys please help me out? i just cant find that many pics out there with 20 inch wheels on stock suspension!

thanks people!

20's on stock suspension...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...em=130007414099

20's won't affect ride height - you'll need to lower the car for that.

When rim size increases - tire aspect ratios decrease - to maintain the same overall diameter.

Hope this helps.

ok so for the wheel gap to fill out better i need bigger tires so the overall diameter increases slightly? im not really looking to lower the ride height, i just want the wheel gap to look less big...and it seems like the 20s fills it out better, so im assumign the entire tire diameter is slightly bigger than stay the stock 17s

Better ask a tire store guy.

It was my undersanding that you need to lower the aspect ratio (second number) when you increase rim size - to maintain the same overall diameter.

Springs don't cost much and go in pretty easily.

Better ask a tire store guy.

It was my undersanding that you need to lower the aspect ratio (second number) when you increase rim size - to maintain the same overall diameter.

Springs don't cost much and go in pretty easily.

I agree, ask the tire guy. I was under the impression that if you have 20" wheels, you need lower profile tires in order to keep the overall height close to the same, thus keeping your speedometer accurate, but suffering from a degraded ride because of the lower profile tires. You might want to consider the lowering kit. I have heard it really improves the handling of the car. Then you could get regular 18" wheels and tires, which will be much cheaper all around then 20" wheels and tires, and that ugly gap will dissappear, as the kit lowers the car 1.5" in ride height, the kit from Ford racing that is anyway.

I think they're 8.5's front and rear - but they put larger tires on the rears.

Sorry - I think the Shelby's come with those. Not sure about the GT's.

Mine is coming in with the standard 17's - cause they're coming off.

I think they're 8.5's front and rear - but they put larger tires on the rears.

Sorry - I think the Shelby's come with those. Not sure about the GT's.

Mine is coming in with the standard 17's - cause they're coming off.

Hey Rufdraft,

I see your wheel combo in your sig - that sounds friggin' sweet. Will your tire/wheel combos end up being the same height all around?

I spec'd my car with the 18" Polished wheels but am thinking of getting the 17's and going aftermarket - just can't make up my mind! One thing I do like is the "pony" centercaps on the factory wheels. Anyone know if those can be put on aftermarket rims?

Thanks.

Thanks, Blue - I had a staggered setup on my 350Z and loved it.

I like having a little more rubber on the rears. You can't rotate the tires - but...!

The overall diameter should be very close between fronts and rears.

But I need to have the computer recalibrated with the gear change.

I'll be posting pics as soon as they go on.

From what I know, center caps are pretty much interchangable.

You'd have to ask the supplier if you can switch them out.

My OEM 17's will be up for sale if you're interested! :rockon:

Thanks, Blue - I had a staggered setup on my 350Z and loved it.

I like having a little more rubber on the rears. You can't rotate the tires - but...!

The overall diameter should be very close between fronts and rears.

But I need to have the computer recalibrated with the gear change.

I'll be posting pics as soon as they go on.

From what I know, center caps are pretty much interchangable.

You'd have to ask the supplier if you can switch them out.

My OEM 17's will be up for sale if you're interested! :rockon:

I think I will end up with an extra set of OEM's also, I have it narrowed down to about 2 or 3 nice aftermarket sets, looks like 18X10 in the rears though. Later, the big but is for Rufdraft, hope you like it

I think I will end up with an extra set of OEM's also, I have it narrowed down to about 2 or 3 nice aftermarket sets, looks like 18X10 in the rears though. Later, the big but is for Rufdraft, hope you like it

Hell, I'll throw a 'nanner dance out for that one!

:bandance:

Archived