TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Performance Tuners for 07 Shelby GT 4.6

frankieboo69

Hello fellow Shelby Budds :D

I a'm thinking of getting a tuner for my ShelbyGT 4.6 (not GT500)

I've looked at the fuego , hypertech hyperpac, the predator , and the jet performance module!!!

All of them make something for the 07 GT Mustang 4.6 , and for the 4.8 GT500 , Im asuming that the one

for the GT 4.6 will work for the Shelby , but the question's are does the Shelby GT 4.6 already have an upgraded tune from Shelby compared to the standard 4.6 GT , and if so would any of these performance

tuners help me gain any HP :D ???????

I'm just looking to gain some HP without purchasing a supercharger or voiding any of my ford warranties!!!

I also heard that the granitelli coil pacs will give me more HP and are very easy to install ??? anyone got them????

Thanx for your time and sugestions!

frankieboo

First off the Shelby GT does come with a canned tune due to the exhaust and intake packages. If you are looking for more horsepower without going to expensive add on's see a performance SCT tuner. This probably your best and most efficent way of gaining a few extra HP.

Basicly I'm trying to get some upgraded HP without being a car engineer or spending thousands!!!

atleast not yet!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

any idea's??????????? ;)

Thnx , frankieboo

First off the Shelby GT does come with a canned tune due to the exhaust and intake packages. If you are looking for more horsepower without going to expensive add on's see a performance SCT tuner. This probably your best and most efficent way of gaining a few extra HP.

Thnx for the advise " rossgt" :D

what is the sct tuner? i havent heard of that one yet! do you have one???

Thnx again for the help!!!!!!!

The 2 most popular tuners seem to be the Predator and the SCT. Both are very good. I'd say about 75% of S197 mustang owners with a handheld tuner have either of these 2. I'm leaning toward getting the SCT too.

http://www.sctflash.com/product_xc2.php

just stumbled across these threads after I posted above.

SCT vs Predator:

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=70438

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.p...ht=sct+predator

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.p...ht=sct+predator

Hello fellow Shelby Budds :D

I'm just looking to gain some HP voiding any of my ford warranties!!!

frankieboo

You will lose your engine warranty with the tuner. water pump goes bad probably not...but major engine internals as well as drivetrian--if Ford learns of it..warranty gone.

thanks for the posts!!!! everyone!!!!!!!!

i'm gonna look into thoes links on the sct you attached!! :D

04retro thanx for the advise also :D , According to Granatelli the marker of the fuego flash tuner there tuner does not void any of your warranties, but it seems like alot of the other tuners have a higher HP gain but dont state that it will void or not void warranties!!!!!!!!! so that is one of the reasons i'm trying to get feedback on different tuners because i dont want to loose coverage but want the most out of a tuner i can get!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

http://www.granatellimotorsports.com/fuego.htm

i was looking at the granatelli coil packs also they say you can gain 15 to 35 HP just from these alone!

http://www.gmsvideos.com/video_detail.php?mId=1523

i found these for around $400 for the coil packs , and about $200 for the coil on plug connectors!

, According to Granatelli the marker of the fuego flash tuner there tuner does not void any of your warranties

Granatelli may tell you that, but Ford will not agree with them. They are just saying what they want to sell you the tune. While their tune may add 30 hp to the base GT, since the Shelby GT is already 20 hp over the GT, the Granatelli will probably add only 10 more HP to the Shelby.

thanxs again for the posts!!!!!!!! :)

has anyone looked into the coil packs for our shelby's , according to Granatelli they also do not

void warranties ?????? has anyone installed them or done more research on them????

thanxs 07sgt0701 !!!!!!!!! :)

So this elbow will gain around 10 HP and is around a $100 thats not bad!!!!!!!!!

do you have one ?????? i'm alittle confused on if you just use the Elbow do you or dont you need a new tune it seems like everyone is split on yes or no ?????? unless im reading it wrong! B)

is your baby manual or auto?????

Mine is auto B) #07SGT1538

I've been e-mailing Brent @ Brenspeed and told him I am considering SCT X-Cal 2 tuner, Steeda elbow, and Steeda UDP's. Asked him if the elbow and/or pulleys would require retweeking his tunes if I added them later and he said neither one would require any changes to his tunes, but I'm not sure about the stock tune. I think I am going with the tuner and elbow to start with, then maybe down the line the UDP's. Hope this helps you. :)

Thanx Brimac!!! :)

wont the sct x-cal2 tuner void the warranties??? according to alot of poeple on this site say it does???

I'm still looking into the Granitelli fuego because they are stating that it doesnt void ford warranties , and they Gaurantee it not to! i'm gonna check with ford first before i purchase it! I'll post back on tues or wed when i get an answer from ford! B)

thanxs 07sgt0701 !!!!!!!!! :)

So this elbow will gain around 10 HP and is around a $100 thats not bad!!!!!!!!!

do you have one ?????? i'm alittle confused on if you just use the Elbow do you or dont you need a new tune it seems like everyone is split on yes or no ?????? unless im reading it wrong! B)

is your baby manual or auto?????

Mine is auto B) #07SGT1538

Hey Frankie,

I do have the Steeda Elbow (elbow only), tune was not necessary with just the tube. Their website says no tune required for just the elbow. But the entire intake does require a tune. 701 is a manual, and I could definitely tell a difference with the intake elbow change, especially over 3000 RPM.

872855544_6a83cee9c6_o.jpg

My experience with the Granatelli coil packs is they are crap. They way they fit makes it easy to break off a piece of plastic during installation. They charged me FULL PRICE for a replacement. I found that after using them I also ended up with a misfire engine code. Two of them were not functioning properly. You can literaly feel them cut in and out. It also affected the idle.

A local respected Mustang racer (with National titles) told me that he has seen many try them out and no one has been happy. Sorry but I've got a set of Granatelli coil packs in a drawer in the garage..... if you want a really good deal! call me! The racer mentioned that MSD also makes coil packs and all the racers use them instead of the Granatelli.

thanks for the posts!!!! everyone!!!!!!!!

i'm gonna look into thoes links on the sct you attached!! :D

04retro thanx for the advise also :D , According to Granatelli the marker of the fuego flash tuner there tuner does not void any of your warranties, but it seems like alot of the other tuners have a higher HP gain but dont state that it will void or not void warranties!!!!!!!!! so that is one of the reasons i'm trying to get feedback on different tuners because i dont want to loose coverage but want the most out of a tuner i can get!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

http://www.granatellimotorsports.com/fuego.htm

i was looking at the granatelli coil packs also they say you can gain 15 to 35 HP just from these alone!

http://www.gmsvideos.com/video_detail.php?mId=1523

i found these for around $400 for the coil packs , and about $200 for the coil on plug connectors!

Hey Frankie,

I do have the Steeda Elbow (elbow only), tune was not necessary with just the tube. Their website says no tune required for just the elbow. But the entire intake does require a tune. 701 is a manual, and I could definitely tell a difference with the intake elbow change, especially over 3000 RPM.

872855544_6a83cee9c6_o.jpg

Thanx again 701, i think ill order one for my car tomarrow???? B)

My experience with the Granatelli coil packs is they are crap. They way they fit makes it easy to break off a piece of plastic during installation. They charged me FULL PRICE for a replacement. I found that after using them I also ended up with a misfire engine code. Two of them were not functioning properly. You can literaly feel them cut in and out. It also affected the idle.

A local respected Mustang racer (with National titles) told me that he has seen many try them out and no one has been happy. Sorry but I've got a set of Granatelli coil packs in a drawer in the garage..... if you want a really good deal! call me! The racer mentioned that MSD also makes coil packs and all the racers use them instead of the Granatelli.

thanx for the info on granitelli , ill look into the MSD tomarrow!!!!!!!!!!!

If it sounds too good to be true it usually is. And I have not had any experience with Granatelli but quite a few at the TMS forums did a while back and I recall alot of pissing and moaning about them.

If it sounds too good to be true it usually is. And I have not had any experience with Granatelli but quite a few at the TMS forums did a while back and I recall alot of pissing and moaning about them.

Take a look at you Shelby owner's manual. There is a spot where they say any rattles, squeaks, etc. will not be covered under warranty. Why? Because the FRPP handling pack results in a stiffer ride which shakes the car more and "could" cause body, trim, interior parts to loosen and rattle. If a part obvioulsy loosens to the point where it is noticable, then they may tighten it up under warranty. But rattles and squeaks can be hard to find, so they have already voided your warranty in this regard.

Yeah i read that in the owner manual the first day i had the chance to sit down and go through everything, and actually realize i do now own a shelby!!!!!!!!!! :D

yes i know what you mean ford can and probably would try to point the finger at anything they could not to fix it for free " like any company would do" i was just letting everyone know there is a law on this and it could be fought !!!! but like someone else wrote in my other post would it really be worth it for all the time and court ??? I'm taking his advise and not doing anything untill my warranties are up or have sheby do upgrades!!!!! B)

Well i got the info from FORD!!!! B)

Dear Frankie,

Thank you for contacting the Ford Motor Company Customer Relationship

Center regarding your interest in doing some upgrades to your 2007 Ford

Mustang GT.

All alterations or modifications to Ford Motor Company vehicles must be

done in compliance with all applicable State and Federal statutes and

regulations. The installation or use of any non-Ford product will not

necessarily void the New Vehicle Limited Warranty. However, if the

non-Ford product fails or causes a Ford part to fail, the cost of the

repair and any related damage are not covered by warranty. The vehicle

owner would need to look to the manufacturer or installer of the non-Ford

product for repairs. Therefore, Ford Motor Company does not recommend

modifications to your vehicle.

If you have any other inquiries, please feel free to contact us and we

will be happy to address them for you.

Sincerely,

John

Customer Relationship Center

Ford Motor Company

For online support visit us at: www.customersaskford.com which contains

answers to frequently asked questions and links to other key product

and service information.

[THREAD ID:1-3NUIPA]

-----Original Message-----

Sent: 9/3/2007 11:50:31 AM

To:

Subject: Warranty_ESP_questions

Contact Us

First Name: Frankie

Last Name: B

Email Address: b

Zip/Postal Code: 95004

Daytime Phone: 408-690- x

Home Phone: 831-726- x

Inquiring About Own Vehicle: Yes

VIN : 1zvht82h975304708

Mileage : 3215

Contacted Dealer: No

Servicing Dealer: sunnyvale ford

Vehicle location: My possession

Home Address: 441

City: aromas

State/Province:ca

Questions: I was thinking of doing some upgrades to my new ShelbyGT and

i

heard from alot of people that if i do a tune upgrade it will void the

warranty. according to Granatelli Motor Sports there tuner the feugo

flash

tuner will not void the warranties , then i was emailed a link to the

Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act , saying that the warranties can not be

voided

unless it can be proven that the aftermarket item was the cause of the

problem!

My car is brand new 07 Shelby GT , I love it and want alittle more HP

but

dont want to do anything that will void my warranties especially sence

i

purchased all the upgraded warranty packs including the maintance !

Please write me back with any info that will help me ,

Thanx for your time and help, Frankie

Archived