TEAM SHELBY FORUM

OK let's see where we are....

RogerS

Randy,

Quite an inventory there. Are these all sold cars?

Yep they are mostly Sold cars. (If my customers don't tell me to shove-um, because they are taking forever)

I have 1 08 coupe & 1 08 Conv that are not sold Yet (but working on both)

I have 2 White SGT's with auto's & 1 BLK 5-SPD that are available in Denver. The rest are SOLD cars.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm one of the guys on the above-noted name list, RogerRamjet. My car was built by Ford in March, arrived at Shelby in mid-April. In early May, John W & I chatted on the phone to finalize the Mod Shop order which includes: Polished S/C, Gauge Pack, Sequentials, and Engine Dressup Kit. John emailed me 6/21 that the car has been converted and is in line for the Mod Shop work, with a "few cars in front of yours."

July & August have gone by with no further word, though I've emailed once on 7/29. I don't want to be a pest, though it would certainly be helpful to know something about timing.

Sadly, last week for no particular reason other than my age (57) I incurred a detached retina. The repair operation was successful but during the next few months while my vision is rebuilding I cannot go over 2,000 feet elevation, which leaves out flying to Las Vegas to pick up the car. My wife & son might be able to go, so that's almost as good. My son & I completely restored my 1-owner '67 GT500 a few years ago (paint booth 2002 pic attached) and so he's got a real serious Shelby connection going on. If that doesn't work, then it's not the worst thing to have the car delivered to our home here on the WA coast, assuming they still do that. I can visit SAI (again) on another trip, maybe even in the new SGT.

Really, just knowing our position on the list would be most of what we need, I think. If it were updated every so often, we'd be able to estimate our own timing for the trip.

Greetings,

I caught your reference to age (57) and it matches up with mine, literally. Very interested in your history with cars. In 1966, I got a 1966 Mustand GT fastback. Wished I could afford a Shelby then but could not. Built mine to about 315 hp and did what tricks I could to the running gear (Hurst shifter and so forth). Given your 1968 GT 500, you would appear to go back pretty far with Mustangs. I have ordered a 2008 SGT coupe. It has cleared Michigan but has not been logged in at Las Vegas yet. At the rate the pace is (not) moving at SAI, your eye may be good to go when they are done with your car. I'm sure you would rather just have it sooner rather than later. Good luck with your eye and car. Jim Clark

Roger Ramjetpost-54-1145914516_thumb.jpg

Roger,

I did some digging and found these names that are still waiting, the list is still pretty long. I don't know if some of these people have gotten delivery or not.

Rossgt(yourself)

BZM, Colorado ShelbyGT, Shelbyguy, Sodakmac, Emperor of Chicken, ShelbyDream1, Mickey Mustang, RogerRamJet, Cobrawertz and Clink(he's waiting on the MAD shop)LMAO

I'm sure there's others. Maybe some of these people will pipe in and let us know. Sounds like Cobrawertz will be real soon. Hopefully I didn't piss anybody off by putting there names here. This is a good list to be on??? Well, sort of. It will be worth the wait, even if it is agonizing. :blink:

Dave

Okay, what's this list whittled down to? I know I'm still on it. :(

Roger, yours is in the shop, right? and Clink? Sodakmac, did you take delivery? ShelbyDream1 and Shelbyguy are done, correct?

Roger, yours is in the shop, right? and Clink? Sodakmac, did you take delivery? ShelbyDream1 and Shelbyguy are done, correct?

Mr Colorado,

Mine is in the Mad shop, got some cool picks from Bud of the remad, should be able to pick up by the Oct 5. :)

Later,

Clink

Yes it is. I looked at the list of mods you had. Mine are somewhat different and I supplies some of the parts like the wheels and tires. I don't know if there is a back order on some of your parts. I'm still about 2-3 weeks out from receiving mine. Did you speak with Bud lately? It's gotta be close.

Cobrawertz just received his yesterday. He lives on Long Island, NY. He had a Whipple SC, and some small trim pieces only. No brake upgrade and no wheels and tires and it took his car quite a while also. He had an early vin. Could be suppliers.... I dono :huh:

Yes it is. I looked at the list of mods you had. Mine are somewhat different and I supplies some of the parts like the wheels and tires. I don't know if there is a back order on some of your parts. I'm still about 2-3 weeks out from receiving mine. Did you speak with Bud lately? It's gotta be close.

Cobrawertz just received his yesterday. He lives on Long Island, NY. He had a Whipple SC, and some small trim pieces only. No brake upgrade and no wheels and tires and it took his car quite a while also. He had an early vin. Could be suppliers.... I dono :huh:

Rossgt, Shelby Go, etc., how do you guys know when your vehicle will be done? Mine has been there since February (over 7 months now) and I haven't heard anything from anyone at SAI. No response to emails or phone calls. All I want to know is what's going on.....that's why I'm curious as to how you guys found out completion dates on your vehicles. I think mine has been there the longest, if I'm not mistaken. I wish I didn't have to say that! Talk about PSDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rossgt, Shelby Go, etc., how do you guys know when your vehicle will be done? Mine has been there since February (over 7 months now) and I haven't heard anything from anyone at SAI. No response to emails or phone calls. All I want to know is what's going on.....that's why I'm curious as to how you guys found out completion dates on your vehicles. I think mine has been there the longest, if I'm not mistaken. I wish I didn't have to say that! Talk about PSDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The squeeky wheel gets the oil. DON'T be bashfull as your spending alot of money here, demand answers, politely so. So call John or Bud and ring their line until you get ahold of them don't just call once and expect them to call you back, keep calling 10 times a day if you have to. Call NOW!

With the amount of messages being left...it is tough to get a callback......but keep calling, hang up when you get voicemail and call again in 5 minutes. I cant guaranty anything, but if you keep calling & calling & skip the whole message leaving stuff, YOU WILL GET AHOLD OF SOMEONE. PERSISTANCE.

The squeeky wheel gets the oil. DON'T be bashfull as your spending alot of money here, demand answers, politely so. So call John or Bud and ring their line until you get ahold of them don't just call once and expect them to call you back, keep calling 10 times a day if you have to. Call NOW!

Swede: You and I have been on this forum for a long time and I know you to be one who offers good advice. My phone calls and emails have always been polite and businesslike....just like I would like someone to approach me. I didn't feel I should have to "bug" someone if I was spending upwards of $16,000 on upgrades (after the initial $9,000) and I just can't understand why I can't get a simple reply. I was thinking of calling Amy to see if she could give me some information, but, maybe I should follow your advice.....you make a lot of sense. But, what do you think of trying Amy? Just wondering.

First I have a great dealer. Michael Morris has been in contact with me and SAI on all of his cars. Not just the mod shop cars. I belive the dealer relationship is very important. Second, I became very involved in the specific options list. Not just options, but finishes, colors etc. I did a great deal of research on the specific look I wanted to achieve. Sometimes it would mean that I had to wait. I also outsoursed some parts like the wheels and tires to get exactly what I wanted and shipped them to SAI. I beileve it may have saved some time on the parts side. Finally I visited SAI. I was there for 3 days. I got to know the process and experience the everyday issues this company and it's people face. It is hard to believe the phones don't stop ringing. Their office and desk phones are non stop, thier cell phones are burnning up. Lot's going on there and they are really doing their best. I know it's not easy being on our side to realize that but it is true.

They added people to the mod shop, I know they are in there at 6 AM and before and don't leave until 5 PM or later. And I would call and e-mail John or Bud for quick updates every 2 weeks or so. Just to stay in touch. By the way my car arrived a little after yours. Supplier issues do play a very important roll also. Back orders just completely tear apart the system or master plan.

I could be wrong here but if they have 2 cars ready for the mod shop and one waiting for back order parts, the car that can be completed would probably go first to not tie up the lift. They have no control there. Mine was waiting on brakes. If the brakes did not come in and the car was complete prior to the brake kit arriving, my car would have been taken off the lift and another replacing it. I would then need to wait for the tech to finish that car before returning to mine. When a car is assigned to a tech. they work on it from start to finish. They pallet all of the parts to go on the car and they are deliverd to the tech. The car is brought in and they have at it until it's done.

Hope this helped a little. But waiting is really the hardest part. Unless you experience the wait, you really can't appriciate the stress it causes.

First I have a great dealer. Michael Morris has been in contact with me and SAI on all of his cars. Not just the mod shop cars. I belive the dealer relationship is very important. Second, I became very involved in the specific options list. Not just options, but finishes, colors etc. I did a great deal of research on the specific look I wanted to achieve. Sometimes it would mean that I had to wait. I also outsoursed some parts like the wheels and tires to get exactly what I wanted and shipped them to SAI. I beileve it may have saved some time on the parts side. Finally I visited SAI. I was there for 3 days. I got to know the process and experience the everyday issues this company and it's people face. It is hard to believe the phones don't stop ringing. Their office and desk phones are non stop, thier cell phones are burnning up. Lot's going on there and they are really doing their best. I know it's not easy being on our side to realize that but it is true.

They added people to the mod shop, I know they are in there at 6 AM and before and don't leave until 5 PM or later. And I would call and e-mail John or Bud for quick updates every 2 weeks or so. Just to stay in touch. By the way my car arrived a little after yours. Supplier issues do play a very important roll also. Back orders just completely tear apart the system or master plan.

I could be wrong here but if they have 2 cars ready for the mod shop and one waiting for back order parts, the car that can be completed would probably go first to not tie up the lift. They have no control there. Mine was waiting on brakes. If the brakes did not come in and the car was complete prior to the brake kit arriving, my car would have been taken off the lift and another replacing it. I would then need to wait for the tech to finish that car before returning to mine. When a car is assigned to a tech. they work on it from start to finish. They pallet all of the parts to go on the car and they are deliverd to the tech. The car is brought in and they have at it until it's done.

Hope this helped a little. But waiting is really the hardest part. Unless you experience the wait, you really can't appriciate the stress it causes.

Rossgt: Thank you for your reply. The problem is that no one has contacted me to tell me if there is a problem with parts backorders or anything of that sort. They don't even know what I want done because they won't return calls or emails. If I could talk to someone, I could get involved in trying to get parts or just let them know to forget this upgrade or that upgrade, but when there is no communication from them, this is the worst of all. You know, I have my own business.......and when a client calls and needs information, and maybe we don't have that information, we call them back and tell them we don't have it, we'll get it, and call them back. We keep them updated on a regular basis. I don't care if they are that busy at SAI, what a nice position to be in............hire some people, even if it's someone to return calls and emails for John and Bud. Other than a message on the tracking system over 7 months ago, for all I know, my car could be at the bottom of the Grand Canyon.

Wow, finally, my car is headed to the Mod Shop late this week or Monday. Here's what worked for me on communications, though I have been totally a non-pest about trying to get ahold of people at SAI. I sent an email to Bud using the SAI form on their website. I got an email back on the following Monday just a day or 2 later (I had sent it on the wknd) with the excellent news that my car is next up.

Just to recap, I ordered my car from Ford late Feb, it was quickly built at the end of March & received at SAI mid-Apr. I'm not sure when it was initially converted. I had made sure that they knew it would be a Mod Shop car right away and so I had to go back to the dealer mid-May and pay them $42.6k (included tax--I bought it for straight MSRP and I had optioned it fairly well).

I was not a squeaky wheel; didn't need to be, and it wouldn't have speeded things up. I stayed in touch with this forum every week or so and I could thereby discern just about what was going on. This particular thread narrowed it right down for me over the last few weeks and now it's down to the happy part.

I'll probably have them trailer the car to my house since I can't go due to my retina problem though maybe my wife & son will be able to make the trip.

I asked Bud what to make of the several forum participants who are having their SGT/SC cars retuned and he basically said he is baffled by it since the Paxton tune s/b making about 460 hp at the crank. I live in the sticks out on the west coast and I'd have to go to Portland or Seattle to have this done and so I'm wondering if it's worth the bother. I must say some of the reports seem convincing.

My Mod Shop options are relatively simple compared to many other forum listers here: Polished S/C, sequentials, gauges, and engine dressup kit. Bud says all these items are on hand and ready, so I'm getting pumped up pretty good. They should have it done about 10/5, then after a few miles of testing (he said "about 8 or 9 thousand" then corrected himself to "about 10 miles" -- he probably gets a laugh from every one of us with that line) it goes for detailing and then they call the truck. The truck (with enclosed trailer of course) arrives 3 or 4 days later and then they drive about 1,150 miles to my door. Not a bad deal for $500 I guess, but I'll miss the fun of museum pickup.

I'll take pics of the offloading at my house! See you guys around...

Roger

Long Beach, WA

This part is for all of you guys who's car is still waiting for mods..................

1. CALL ME 1-702-942-7325 ext 140 (I do start at 4:30am West Coast time)

2. Cell number 1-702-683-7096

3. Email ME Budm@shelbyautos.com

Emailing may be the best way to get a hold of me. I ALWAYS RESPOND to emails. Phone calls, I may catch 8 out of 10 calls, and I ALWAYS call back when voice mail is left. ALWAYS.

Now, this is for the people who feel like they HAVE TO CHIME IN when THEY DO NOT HAVE TOO-----STAY OUT OF IT. This is not your deal, this is not your car in the shop.

Does it seem like I am just about as upset as the ones who are waiting to have their cars come into the mod shop. You bet I am. Let me just give you all a little bit of what goes on in here. Most of the mods being done are not all PLUG AND PLAY. Its a MOD SHOP---MOD--short for MODIFICATION. There is a lot of time and effort that goes into every vehicle that comes through this shop. EVERY VEHICLE IS DIFFERENT!!!! There is a ton of hand made parts that goes into these vehicles. It takes time to do this. If you want plug and play--we can do that. Will you be happy with the results---Not a chance. So yes, it does take time to do the mods and every one we do, we are proud of doing it.

With that said, IF, you have any questions, problems, issues, ideas or just want to say HI, email or call me. I will not let this type of thread continue on these boards anymore. IT WILL NO LONGER BE TOLERATED!!!

If you have any comments anytime about this, it will only be answered in PRIVATE emails or PRIVATE PM's.

This thread is now closed.

Bud

Archived