TEAM SHELBY FORUM

OK let's see where we are....

RogerS

It's been awhile since we brought this topic up and it is sensitive for some I know.........but I thought I would just put it up again and see if there is progress here. This it not a BMW session just looking to see how everyone is doing.

Are you still waiting for your car?

Is it in the Mod Shop?

What are you having done?

When do you expect delivery?

It's been awhile since we brought this topic up and it is sensitive for some I know.........but I thought I would just put it up again and see if there is progress here. This it not a BMW session just looking to see how everyone is doing.

Are you still waiting for your car?

Is it in the Mod Shop?

What are you having done?

When do you expect delivery?

Roger,

I did some digging and found these names that are still waiting, the list is still pretty long. I don't know if some of these people have gotten delivery or not.

Rossgt(yourself)

BZM, Colorado ShelbyGT, Shelbyguy, Sodakmac, Emperor of Chicken, ShelbyDream1, Mickey Mustang, RogerRamJet, Cobrawertz and Clink(he's waiting on the MAD shop)LMAO

I'm sure there's others. Maybe some of these people will pipe in and let us know. Sounds like Cobrawertz will be real soon. Hopefully I didn't piss anybody off by putting there names here. This is a good list to be on??? Well, sort of. It will be worth the wait, even if it is agonizing. :blink:

Dave

I'm one of the guys on the above-noted name list, RogerRamjet. My car was built by Ford in March, arrived at Shelby in mid-April. In early May, John W & I chatted on the phone to finalize the Mod Shop order which includes: Polished S/C, Gauge Pack, Sequentials, and Engine Dressup Kit. John emailed me 6/21 that the car has been converted and is in line for the Mod Shop work, with a "few cars in front of yours."

July & August have gone by with no further word, though I've emailed once on 7/29. I don't want to be a pest, though it would certainly be helpful to know something about timing.

Sadly, last week for no particular reason other than my age (57) I incurred a detached retina. The repair operation was successful but during the next few months while my vision is rebuilding I cannot go over 2,000 feet elevation, which leaves out flying to Las Vegas to pick up the car. My wife & son might be able to go, so that's almost as good. My son & I completely restored my 1-owner '67 GT500 a few years ago (paint booth 2002 pic attached) and so he's got a real serious Shelby connection going on. If that doesn't work, then it's not the worst thing to have the car delivered to our home here on the WA coast, assuming they still do that. I can visit SAI (again) on another trip, maybe even in the new SGT.

Really, just knowing our position on the list would be most of what we need, I think. If it were updated every so often, we'd be able to estimate our own timing for the trip.

Roger Ramjetpost-54-1145914516_thumb.jpg

Hi,

Waiting on car: YES

Waiting to enter MAD shop: 4 more weeks

Items:

Supercharger polished

20” wheels

Large brakes

Sequential Tail lights

Upgrade floor mats

Center gauge cluster

Fuse box cover

Windshield washer nozzle covers

Door lock knobs

Shelby license plate cover

Stainless steel hood prop

Aesthetic engine kit

Museum Pick up.

Brake ducts

Lower Grill and lights

Receiving Car????????????????????

Later,

CLINK

Hi, I'm one of the guys listed above as well: Colorado Shelby GT. Ordered car in 06, arrived at Shelby in April.

I've been communicating with Bud recently and he has been very responsive. (Thank you Bud!) Right now he is saying I will be in the mod shop on or before September 17th.

List of mods:

Polished SC

Gauge cluster

20 Silver Razors

Big Brake kit

Sequential taillights

CS8 Grille

Front and Rear Brake ducts

Blacked out lower grille

Engine Dressup Kit

Shelby mats for Shaker 1000

Museum delivery

I'm hoping to pick up last weekend in September . . . .

It looks like the delivery dates are pretty close together on most of these cars. Just waiting a turn in the shop.

Dave,

Rick, cobrawertz does have confirmation it will ship next week. One down and a few more to go. I know that when I was there the list was well into 2 pages. My location was somwhere near the top 1/3 rd. just looking. But parts avalibility and the actual mods would play a part in timing.

John and Bud were working to move some guys over to do some of the light mods to help them out and get more cars out of the shop and delivered. I have said, and still think, they were overwhelmed with the positive response to the Mod Shop.

I was fortunate enough to drive Adam's car with the Whipple and he has offered to let me take it to ease the seperation anxitey I've had since I drove the car in Vegas. Thanks Adam.

I did speak with Bud Monday of this week and was told, your getting closer and I have ordered the parts I need. That's a good sign that I may have the car by the end of the month. Here's hoping.

What I am having done at SAI

Black Whipple

Super Snake Brake Kit

Front and rear brake ducts

Black powder coated upper and lower grilles

No driving lights

CS6 hood

Carroll Shelby signature CS69 20" staggered wheels black and brushed aluminum

BFG Comp T/A KDW's

Gauge Package

Rear window block off plates

When she gets home

One piece drive shaft

Raptor shift light

Stainless headers

Billet motor mounts

Magnaflow tru-x pipe

Custom GT500 Carbon fiber steering wheel

Custom embroidered head rests and console cover

Billet aluminum lower control arms and center link

MDS coil pacs

Watts link rear suspension

SCT ex-cal custom tune

35% tint

Black shorty antenna

Logjam electronics I-pod interface

And a few other goodies.

Ramjet, sorry to hear about the retina :huh: Love the father son project, did one with my eldest son also. Memories for a lifetime.

Clink, Colorado, Emperor I hope you all get your cars soon. I don't know if you have been to SAI, some say it helps but from experience it does make it worse. I was able to drive the car and that was very cool but after a couple of weeks it begins to start all over again. After driving Adam's car it will be worth it. That has been keeping my emotions in check. We should have a September delivery celebriation!

It looks like the delivery dates are pretty close together on most of these cars. Just waiting a turn in the shop.

Dave,

Rick, cobrawertz does have confirmation it will ship next week. One down and a few more to go. I know that when I was there the list was well into 2 pages. My location was somwhere near the top 1/3 rd. just looking. But parts avalibility and the actual mods would play a part in timing.

John and Bud were working to move some guys over to do some of the light mods to help them out and get more cars out of the shop and delivered. I have said, and still think, they were overwhelmed with the positive response to the Mod Shop.

I was fortunate enough to drive Adam's car with the Whipple and he has offered to let me take it to ease the seperation anxitey I've had since I drove the car in Vegas. Thanks Adam.

I did speak with Bud Monday of this week and was told, your getting closer and I have ordered the parts I need. That's a good sign that I may have the car by the end of the month. Here's hoping.

What I am having done at SAI

Black Whipple

Super Snake Brake Kit

Front and rear brake ducts

Black powder coated upper and lower grilles

No driving lights

CS6 hood

Carroll Shelby signature CS69 20" staggered wheels black and brushed aluminum

BFG Comp T/A KDW's

Gauge Package

Rear window block off plates

When she gets home

One piece drive shaft

Raptor shift light

Stainless headers

Billet motor mounts

Magnaflow tru-x pipe

Custom GT500 Carbon fiber steering wheel

Custom embroidered head rests and console cover

Billet aluminum lower control arms and center link

MDS coil pacs

Watts link rear suspension

SCT ex-cal custom tune

35% tint

Black shorty antenna

Logjam electronics I-pod interface

And a few other goodies.

Geez Roger, why are you cheaping out? Couldn't you add a few more things to that mod list? Like an extra motor? While you're at it why don't you just order another car? LMAO J/K.That's what is nice about these cars, you can make a one-off custom. So then after you take delivery does it go into the Tasca mod shop for six months? At that rate you will be lucky to see your car by next summer. I'm calling your wife to tell her to tell you to quit looking at car magazines and auto part web-sites and making the wish list longer.

Good luck,

Dave

Geez Roger, why are you cheaping out? Couldn't you add a few more things to that mod list? Like an extra motor? While you're at it why don't you just order another car? LMAO J/K.That's what is nice about these cars, you can make a one-off custom. So then after you take delivery does it go into the Tasca mod shop for six months? At that rate you will be lucky to see your car by next summer. I'm calling your wife to tell her to tell you to quit looking at car magazines and auto part web-sites and making the wish list longer.

Good luck,

Dave

:lol::lol::lol: Too funny. It is true that the beauty is to make your car unique in it finished state. No Tasca mod shop for this baby. I will be doing the rest of the work on the car except for the tune. It will make for a very busy winter. Maybe I won't notice the 3 feet of snow out by the garage door! :blink:

And whatever you do, don't call the wife, she still thinks that it cost $38,000! :o :lol::lol::lol:

Belive it or not I have had the mods planned since day 1. Don't need any magazines to cloud my mind. If I did that then I would have to remove the motor :P

rpssqt - I am one of those on the “waiting” list. I talked to John W. about two weeks ago and he indicated that they had about forty 07 cars (I believe that is what he said) waiting for the Mod Shop. However, he figured that some cars like mine who were getting minor modifications (lower grill/driving lights, sequential taillights) wouldn’t take as much time/effort and should be finished in about two weeks. So far I have not heard any news. I am hoping that I see the car by the end of September. I have seen several cars (one black and one white) nearby that are available but I am hanging in there for the car I ordered the way I wanted it (or could get by my ‘bookkeeper’ at the present time). If I was going to get all the mods you listed I am afraid my ‘bookkeeper’ would suggest that I sell one of my other cars and redirect the funds. Actually, it may come to that sometime down the road.

Roger,

I did some digging and found these names that are still waiting, the list is still pretty long. I don't know if some of these people have gotten delivery or not.

Rossgt(yourself)

BZM, Colorado ShelbyGT, Shelbyguy, Sodakmac, Emperor of Chicken, ShelbyDream1, Mickey Mustang, RogerRamJet, Cobrawertz and Clink(he's waiting on the MAD shop)LMAO

I'm sure there's others. Maybe some of these people will pipe in and let us know. Sounds like Cobrawertz will be real soon. Hopefully I didn't piss anybody off by putting there names here. This is a good list to be on??? Well, sort of. It will be worth the wait, even if it is agonizing. :blink:

Dave

Scratch me off the list-mine finally arrived 3 weeks ago-and it's been raining almost constantly since :angry:

Mine was ordered by dealer in January, arrived SAI March (I bought in March), mods ordered end March, built 1st wk May, mods completed late July (lower grille/driving lights & sequential tails)

For what it's worth-I'm not angry to be on the list-very glad to FINALLY be off of it. Those that are still on there-I feel your pain, it was 5 of the longest months of my life waiting and I wanted to reach through the computer and strangle all of the "it will be worth the wait" posters, but it REALLY was and starting YOUR Shelby for the first time will erase all the agony of the PSDS. Those still waiting-Feel free to vent to me at anytime, I have broader shoulders than your loved ones and I can relate. :)

Mines not that dumb, she pays all the bills! :lol::lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

rpssqt - I am one of those on the “waiting” list. I talked to John W. about two weeks ago and he indicated that they had about forty 07 cars (I believe that is what he said) waiting for the Mod Shop. However, he figured that some cars like mine who were getting minor modifications (lower grill/driving lights, sequential taillights) wouldn’t take as much time/effort and should be finished in about two weeks. So far I have not heard any news. I am hoping that I see the car by the end of September. I have seen several cars (one black and one white) nearby that are available but I am hanging in there for the car I ordered the way I wanted it (or could get by my ‘bookkeeper’ at the present time). If I was going to get all the mods you listed I am afraid my ‘bookkeeper’ would suggest that I sell one of my other cars and redirect the funds. Actually, it may come to that sometime down the road.

Looks like you should have it soon. Congrats and post some pics when it arrives. When I did see the list I was going to guess about 60+ about 4 weeks ago. So it looks like they are making progress and I did not want to post that then.

Scratch me off the list-mine finally arrived 3 weeks ago-and it's been raining almost constantly since :angry:

Mine was ordered by dealer in January, arrived SAI March (I bought in March), mods ordered end March, built 1st wk May, mods completed late July (lower grille/driving lights & sequential tails)

For what it's worth-I'm not angry to be on the list-very glad to FINALLY be off of it. Those that are still on there-I feel your pain, it was 5 of the longest months of my life waiting and I wanted to reach through the computer and strangle all of the "it will be worth the wait" posters, but it REALLY was and starting YOUR Shelby for the first time will erase all the agony of the PSDS. Those still waiting-Feel free to vent to me at anytime, I have broader shoulders than your loved ones and I can relate. :)

I know it is tough waiting. Especially when the summer is fading fast! I can relate to "its worth the wait" posts but I was fortunate to be able to dive mine a little while I was there prior to the mods. I know it will be worth it! But it is getting more difficult by the week.

Mines not that dumb, she pays all the bills! :lol::lol::lol:

LOL, that's where I luck out. I pay all the bills. But, I was going through them in the last 2 days and coincidentially I left some open (paper and websites). She saw some of my extra things from my Vegas trip. Nothing bad as I am a faithful kind of guy, she was just wondering why some of my meals were so expensive. LOL. I wouldn't let any of my SAI friends pay.

I'm just glad my wife didn't go back one month's AMEX bill. She would have seen the mod shop bill. I'd be living in the workshop right about now. Or even worse, I'd be out shopping for a new diamond ring, redoing the kitchen or trading in her minivan for a Mercedes. LOL

I AM OFF THE LIST PICK UP MINE ON FRIDAY!

IT TURN OUT EVEN BETTER THAN I EXPECTED!!

PICS TO FOLLOW AFTER WEEKEND

MODS

POLISHED S/C

20" GUN METAL RAZORS

GOODYEAR TIRES

GAUGES

LOWER GRILL

DRIVING LIGHTS

BRAKE DUCTS

BEAR BRAKES

ECT

Wow.......... Congrats!!!! Can't wait to see the pics.. B)

Hi, I'm one of the guys listed above as well: Colorado Shelby GT. Ordered car in 06, arrived at Shelby in April.

I've been communicating with Bud recently and he has been very responsive. (Thank you Bud!) Right now he is saying I will be in the mod shop on or before September 17th.

List of mods:

Polished SC

Gauge cluster

20 Silver Razors

Big Brake kit

Sequential taillights

CS8 Grille

Front and Rear Brake ducts

Blacked out lower grille

Engine Dressup Kit

Shelby mats for Shaker 1000

Museum delivery

I'm hoping to pick up last weekend in September . . . .

Colorado SGT: Best of luck to you.............but..........my vehicle has been at SAI since Late February with pretty much all the mods that you are getting and I was told 2 months ago that my car was 10th in line for the Mod shop!!!!!!!!!!!! Not only do I not have my car, no one has called to finalize the mods I want or payment for them and no one has responded to any of my emails in the past 2 months! What a sorry state of affairs. For those of us who are waiting...are we really want to know is....what's going on thats causing such a delay. 40K for the car, 8K for SAI to make it a Shelby, and another 15K or so for additional mods, why can't someone get on here and tell us whats's going on.

Colorado SGT: Best of luck to you.............but..........my vehicle has been at SAI since Late February with pretty much all the mods that you are getting and I was told 2 months ago that my car was 10th in line for the Mod shop!!!!!!!!!!!! Not only do I not have my car, no one has called to finalize the mods I want or payment for them and no one has responded to any of my emails in the past 2 months! What a sorry state of affairs. For those of us who are waiting...are we really want to know is....what's going on thats causing such a delay. 40K for the car, 8K for SAI to make it a Shelby, and another 15K or so for additional mods, why can't someone get on here and tell us whats's going on.

Sorry Guys: As you can tell, I'm really frustrated. I have never dealt with anything like this ever before and wife and friends think I'm an idiot for putting up with this kind of treatment.

Sorry Guys: As you can tell, I'm really frustrated. I have never dealt with anything like this ever before and wife and friends think I'm an idiot for putting up with this kind of treatment.

Ok again I'll chime in here. If everything you said is true it is appalling! I mean how can a company compete in today's world when they have service like this. I'll tell you how: it is because of the past, bottom line. If Mr. Shelby had NOT had his past Mustang marvels he would be put out of business by Fomoco immediately, if not sooner, with his current business practices. I will also add that if he continues this torid pace of non-commitments and ruining Fords "customer first" policy he and Fomoco will no longer be partners. Mark my words he does not have much time left, Fomoco will ax him if he keeps this up.

My 2 cents is all. B)

PS: I must say it will a be a sorry day when/if it happens!

GLORY BE! I just did my Shelby VIN number search for the umpteen time and GUESS what – it has been completed and shipped! Now I can sleep with sugar plums and Shelby’s dancing in my head.

COOL!! Sounds like Bud is starting to kick 'em out the door now! :D Excellent! B)

Sodakmac, sweet dreams!!! Let us know when you get it!!

Mickey, I feel your pain and frustration. I was there for seven months. It only creates alot of anxiety when no one will respond back. I do know they are very busy, but even just a little e-mail to let you know what's going on would help. E-mail me on my personal e-mail, it's in my profile. Tried to pm and can't get it to go. Maybe I can help. I'm a great counselor for psds. My fees are reasonable. :lol:

Dave

sodakmac...congrats on your car finally heading home :D .......at least it's going to get there 7 to 10 days b4 the first snowfall. :huh:

I am getting really, really excited. My dealer called this morning and said the car might be in town either late today or sometime on Thursday. The car was supposed to be delivered to another dealer about 200 miles from here but the trucker said he would bring it directly to my local dealer instead, which will make things much less complicated. I was worried one of those other guys cleaning up the car would toss window sticker, drill holes in the front bumper and pop the hood with the pins in place. The local Ford guys know how anal I am about my cars. Hopefully, I will get a chance to take some photos of it being unloaded. Yes, there is a Shelby god afterall.

I am getting really, really excited. My dealer called this morning and said the car might be in town either late today or sometime on Thursday. The car was supposed to be delivered to another dealer about 200 miles from here but the trucker said he would bring it directly to my local dealer instead, which will make things much less complicated. I was worried one of those other guys cleaning up the car would toss window sticker, drill holes in the front bumper and pop the hood with the pins in place. The local Ford guys know how anal I am about my cars. Hopefully, I will get a chance to take some photos of it being unloaded. Yes, there is a Shelby god afterall.

Awesome! Take lots of pics! Enjoy........... :D

Archived