TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Wheel Locks Missing?

Jer

So, when I bought my car, there were three issues:

1. The Shelby window sticker had been peeled off (ostensibly so the dealer could play with the pricing. He quoted $10K+ for the Shelby work, and an additional $10K ADM. See my avatar for the final result of THAT).

2. My hood pin "beauty plates" were smashed up. The dealer popped the hood without removing the pins. He did it right in front of me, the first time I walked up to the car in the dealership. It hurt my soul. I'm pretty sure I actually yelled "No!" as he did it.

3. The wheel locks were on Ford's window sticker, but the car didn't have wheel locks on it.

The dealer promised to take care of all three issues, but did nothing for months (surprise, surprise). Shelby was AMAZING, I emailed them about the sticker and hood plates, and they OVERNIGHTED the stuff to me at their expense (a nice touch).

The dealer has been telling me that "the car might have originally had wheel locks, but Shelby takes them off when they change the wheels". SIGH... they're KILLING me.

Has anyone else had missing wheel locks?

Jer

First, Shelby duznt change the wheels, they come from Flat Rock with the wheels.

Yup, and it took all my strength not to SNAP when he said that. Honestly, my positive experience wiith them ended when I drove off the lot. Wish I had frequented this forum more BEFORE buying, I might have had a better class of people to deal with.

Jer

p.s. AND a supercharger! Ha!

WHo did you email to get your Shelby window sticker. Mine was missing as well.

I sent an email from this page:

http://www.shelbyautos.com/contactus1.asp

It was forwarded to the neccessary people who handled the two different things I requested.

They were totally cool. BTW, be sure to send them your full address and contact info in that first email.

Jer

• 3 weeks later...

WOW, wheel locks. Guess I will have to make the call to my guy in NM, seems they got legs and just walked away from the car.

Thanks guys, never new they were supposed to be with the car. Guess I was just tooooooo excited to pick up my car.

Seems to me there was something about the SC Tuner for computer, was it or wasn't it supposed to be with the car?

Archived