TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Update on my vehicles stripe issue, those that remember

VEGASTY

How are people getting parts from SAI or Ford ie stripes or scoops to have body shop install I am willing to pay for repairs I just want parts, please advise I just do not trust Dealer all they seem to care about is sale after that it becomes your problem PLEASE advise Thanks. I trust the body shop tha painted my 1960s Shelby they watch out for your car.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How are people getting parts from SAI or Ford ie stripes or scoops to have body shop install I am willing to pay for repairs I just want parts, please advise I just do not trust Dealer all they seem to care about is sale after that it becomes your problem PLEASE advise Thanks. I trust the body shop tha painted my 1960s Shelby they watch out for your car.

You can, as I have, request that the work be done at a body shop of your choice. The parts MUST go to your dealer. Your dealer will no doubt tell you that if you do that they will not be responsible it's all on you after that. Your dealer probably already contracts the work out to a 3rd party but if not, if your body shop is willing to do it for the price the dealer is willing to pay this is the Ford hours/rate for the work minus their % for showing up, (and you pay the extra if any) , and take a PO from the dealer, there should be no issue. My stripes and scoop are being installed tomorrow at a body shop of my choice using the above. I have to return the old parts to the dealer etc.

Good luck!

You can, as I have, request that the work be done at a body shop of your choice. The parts MUST go to your dealer. Your dealer will no doubt tell you that if you do that they will not be responsible it's all on you after that. Your dealer probably already contracts the work out to a 3rd party but if not, if your body shop is willing to do it for the price the dealer is willing to pay this is the Ford hours/rate for the work minus their % for showing up, (and you pay the extra if any) , and take a PO from the dealer, there should be no issue. My stripes and scoop are being installed tomorrow at a body shop of my choice using the above. I have to return the old parts to the dealer etc.

Good luck!

Matt that's a pretty good idea. With all the horror stories about the dealers sounds like you've worked out some of the problems that might arise at some of these lousy dealers. I guess if you don't feel comfortable with dealers in your area this may be the route to go. Even if it does cost you a few dollars out of pocket, ya ya, I know it's a warranty issue, but I'd rather have it fixed once even if it does cost me. Peace of mind has it's price.

Dave

<_< WOW, I thought I was the only one that had trouble with the stripes. The dealership told me that they figured it was the hard water from the sprinkler system that stained the stripes and the finish on the car. They took care of me, put new stripes on, (actually, did a better job than Shelby) and buffed the car. I went over it with a fine tooth comb and the job they did was excellent!.

Archived