TEAM SHELBY FORUM

40th silver strip package...manditory????

ken07gt500

I just recived a package update that states,

"Please note that ALL 40th anniversary cars will be getting the Silver Stripe package as shown on our website. NO EXCEPTIONS. If you still haven’t purchased a GT500 order yours with stripe delete to make the conversion easier as the standard stripes will have to be removed".

I LIKE MY WHITE ON RED.....any thoughts, Ken

"Please note that ALL 40th anniversary cars will be getting the Silver Stripe package as shown on our website. NO EXCEPTIONS. If you still haven’t purchased a GT500 order yours with stripe delete to make the conversion easier as the standard stripes will have to be removed".

I have white on red and really like this combo, but the silver on the red is a VERY nice combination also, I'm sure you'll be very satisfied. This was my second color choice.

I understand the stripe change for the 40th, but I have yet to recieve any update of anykind. I just wish we could stay a little more informed. the only information I've gotten is via telephone, when I call. Every time I've called SAI personnel was helpfull.

any ideas on how to stay updated on the progress?

any ideas on how to stay updated on the progress?

this is what I recived...

SHELBY 8-2-07

UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!!

Shelby Owners, Future Shelby Owners,

and all you guys inquiring on the GT500 packages:

COMMUNICATIONS:

We will begin sending e-mail updates every two weeks to keep everyone informed of the progress of the GT500 Mod Shop programs. This will keep everyone posted as we progress in adding to our capacity to get cars produced and what expectations will be. Each program will have a key person in charge so that you have a point of contact should you need to ask a specific question. These communications should serve to answer the most commonly asked questions and to keep you informed of any new developments. Your business and enthusiasm is important to all of us at Shelby.

40th Anniversary Package

As of today, we have made all call backs for the 40th Anniversary packages. If you have not received a call, please notify Sherri at 702-942-7325 or e-mail at sherriw@shelbyautos.com.

Sherri is handling all of the 40th Anniversary cars and will be the main point of contact.

This will include the 40th Anniversary AND

the 40th Anniversary with power and/or braking upgrades.

Here are the parameters of the 40th Anniversary cars:

You must own a 2007 GT500

Coupe $11,250

or Convertible $12,499

Tax not included.

Contents:

Exterior

· Carbon fiber front fascia splitter

· Carbon fiber mirror covers

· Carbon fiber rocker panels

· Aluminum hood grille inserts

· SHELBY deck letters

· 40th Anniversary badging- front grille and front fenders

· Sequential tail lights

· 40th Anniversary silver stripes

· Front and rear brake ducts

· Faux Gas Cap 40th Anniversary trim ring

Interior

· CSM consecutively numbered dash plaque

· CSM consecutively numbered engine plaque

· 40th Anniversary door sill plates with CSM number

· Light bar with solenoid activated brake light (convertible)

· Shelby signature 40th Anniversary floor mats

· Aesthetic engine kit with billet fluid caps and oil dipstick handle

· Center Gauge cluster with Autometer Carroll Shelby Signature Carbon Fiber faced gauges (boost, fuel pressure, oil pressure)

· Aluminum Shelby map light accent

· Center Console Arm Rest cover

· Shelby Logo for Door Handles

· Satin door lock knobs

Performance

· Shelby/Eibach coil over suspension

· Shelby/Eibach sway bars

· Borla exhaust system

Tires and Wheels

1. 20x9” American Racing Shelby Razors (Silver, Gun Metal, Shelby Exclusive Black or Chrome as an upgrade option)

2. Pirelli P-Zero Nero 255/35ZR20 front and 275/35ZR20 rear

· this package is subject to change without notice

· tire substitution may be made based on availability

Stripes

Please note that ALL 40th anniversary cars will be getting the Silver Stripe package as shown on our website. NO EXCEPTIONS. If you still haven’t purchased a GT500 order yours with stripe delete to make the conversion easier as the standard stripes will have to be removed.

Other 40th News

The package has changed slightly, adding the carbon fiber rocker panels. Some cars have been built and delivered without some components. Once we have those components that were not included, they will be sent to the owners so that they can be added.

PERFORMANCE OPTIONS:

· 600HP and 700+HP are available options on the Coupe

· 600HP is the max. power option available on the convertible.

· 600HP warranty to be determined, 700+HP package has NO WARRANTY

· The 600 and 700+HP pkg will have a one piece drive shaft and larger throttle body.

· Power upgrade pricing to follow shortly.

· Shelby Extreme-Plus Brake System (calipers available in Blue, Red, Orange or Black) $4189.98 installed. You can see them at www.shelbyperformanceparts.com.

· Short throw shifter MIGHT be an option added soon.

PRODUCTION UPDATE

We have started building the 40th Anniversary packages. We will call the next group in mid August to schedule in more cars. Our plans are to build 300 of these packages this year. We will continue to build them until all cars are built. If you cannot have your car here this year, this is no problem. As long as you have a 2007 GT500, we can build it into a 40th car.

We will only stop building these once we have reached the production limit.

SHIPPING

We are also working with a few shipping companies to try to help save you money. Once we have a better schedule, we will be working with you to help get your car shipped to us and then back home. Of course you can chose your own company or pick up and deliver the car yourself.

SERIAL NUMBERS

· The CSM numbering will look like this: 07XL0001

· 2007 year model

· XL- 40 (40th Anniversary)

· 0001-sequencing number

TAKE OFF PARTS

You must request that your take off parts are returned before we begin modifying your car.

We will not be responsible for any damages that these parts may incur during removal or shipping.

Any parts that will fit into the trunk or back seat of the car will be shipped to you in it.

The other parts will be packaged and shipped to you for a Shipping and Handling fee.

Super Snake

Production Update:

The Super Snake project will begin in the 4th Quarter this year. We have only built one Super Snake, the concept car. Many of you have already seen pictures of this beast and some have actually seen it in person. “Menacing” is the best word I have heard used to describe it.

Super Snake upgrades are available for all GT500 07’ and 08’ model year cars.

You supply the base GT500.

We have started making calls for the Super Snake and taking deposits and assigning CSM numbers. We have lots of calls to make and we will make them in the order that we received requests.

The CSM Numbering of the Super Snake will look like this:

07SS0001 and

08SS0001

2007 and 2008- Year model

SS- Super Snake

0001-sequencing number.

A 40th anniversary grill badge will be optional for all 07’ Super Snakes.

Adrienne Poplin will be the point of contact on the Super Snake.

Contact phone # 702-942-7325 or e-mail at adriennep@shelbyautos.com.

She will be very busy for the next few weeks making calls on the Super Snake.

Any general questions about the package can also be answered by Doug Sinclair,

at the same number or dougs@shelbyautos.com.

Stripes

All Super Snake packages will get triple Matte Black Stripes. No exceptions, we want people to be able to recognize this outstanding package from a distance and know exactly what it is…..especially when it approaches in their review view mirror…..time to move over…. If you haven’t ordered your car yet and want this package it should be ordered without a stripe to make the conversion cleaner as the old stripes will have to be removed if they are already installed.

Super Snake parameters are as follows:

2007 or 2008 GT500

Coupe or Convertible

Price for the 600HP and 700+HP version is $27,995.00

If testing requires a different blower at the 725HP level, we will evaluate the price.

Convertible max power is the 600HP package. NO EXCEPTIONS.

Contents:

Exterior

· Functional Shelby Super Snake hood with hood pins (fiberglass)

· Carbon fiber front fascia splitter

· Carbon fiber mirror covers

· Carbon fiber rocker panels

· SHELBY deck letters

· Super Snake badging- front grille and front fenders

· Sequential tail lights

· Matte Black Super Snake Striping

· Front and rear brake ducts

· Side scoops

· Quarter window scoops or block off plates

Interior

· CSM consecutively numbered dash plaque

· CSM consecutively numbered engine plaque

· Super Snake door sill plates with CSM number

· Light bar with solenoid activated brake light (convertible)

· Shelby Super Snake floor mats

· Aesthetic engine kit with billet fluid caps and oil dipstick handle

· Center Gauge cluster with Autometer Carroll Shelby Signature Carbon Fiber faced gauges (boost, fuel pressure, oil pressure).

· Aluminum Shelby map light accent

· Satin door lock knobs

· Shelby Super Snake Embroidered head rest

· Center console with Shelby Super Snake logo

Performance

· Shelby Supercharger upgrade to the Ford Racing Supercharger for both the 600HP and 725HP versions. * Testing may require a different supercharger at the 725HP level.

· Shelby/Bear Extreme 6 piston caliper brake system (calipers available in Blue, Red, Orange or Black)

· FRPP adjustable damper suspension is standard. You can also choose the Shelby / Eibach suspension for an additional $100.00.

· Borla cat-back (600HP) or JBA 3” manifold-back (700+HP) exhaust system

· Short Throw Shifter

· Cold Air intake

· 3.73:1 Differential

· Tires and Wheels

· 20” Shelby Alcoa wheels (Durabright finish 20X9 front and 20X10 rear)

· Tires to be determined

this package is subject to change without notice and tire substitution may be made based on availability

TAKE OFF PARTS

You must request that your take off parts are returned before we begin modifying your car.

We will not be responsible for any damages that these parts may incur during removal or shipping.

Any parts that will fit into the trunk and back seat of the car will be shipped to you in it.

The other parts will be packaged and shipped to you for a Shipping and Handling fee.

OTHER SUPER SNAKE QUESTIONS

We will be offering a discount on the Super Snake package if it is built on the 08’ GT500KR. This discount has not been established. Stay tuned as we finalize the price and content.

OTHER QUESTIONS

On both packages, we will only give credit for previously modified cars if the components have been purchased from Shelby Performance Parts. The components that we will give credit for must be one of the components used in our package. We will credit you in the amount of the cost for the parts only, not labor. Floor mats are excluded because the mats are different.

Thank you for your continued interest in genuine Shelby Performance packages. They truly make your Shelby something special. Your business and satisfaction are important to us.

Best regards,

Team Shelby

Talk about a can of worms you don't want to open!

• 2 weeks later...

B)

Guys, when I get a white one built, I will post pics. Meanwhile, Here's a Vista Blue...

ShelbyGT500007.jpg?t=1189726220

ShelbyGT500021.jpg?t=1189726267

-John

B) B) john, one fine car, mine is the same color but I'll take the silver wheels. please send more pics

of all cars .I'm on the list,but a big number 343 thnx kyle

B)

B) B) john, one fine car, mine is the same color but I'll take the silver wheels. please send more pics

of all cars .I'm on the list,but a big number 343 thnx kyle

I agree with you, I think the silver wheels would look much better. Almost looks like old style whitehalls at first glance.

I agree with you, I think the silver wheels would look much better. Almost looks like old style whitehalls at first glance.

John the 40th looks great. But I do like the black wheels plus they are exclusive to shelby. Wonder if we'll get to see it on a black gt 500.

Doing a great job

Archived