TEAM SHELBY FORUM

What happens to the Shelby GT tune when you unplug the battery terminal?

blueshawk

This is a dumb question but I have to ask:

What happens if you unplug the battery terminals? Does the Shelby GT tune remain in the computer or does it revert back to the factory GT tune?

I guessing the Shelby GT tune remains (it would be stupid if it didn't) but the "learning how you drive" parameters probably reset.

anyone know?

This is a dumb question but I have to ask:

What happens if you unplug the battery terminals? Does the Shelby GT tune remain in the computer or does it revert back to the factory GT tune?

I guessing the Shelby GT tune remains (it would be stupid if it didn't) but the "learning how you drive" parameters probably reset.

anyone know?

the car shouldnt lose anything but the presets on the radio. the rest is stores in the computer and i have no idea how long the car would have to sit without power to lose its memory.

michael morris

A question regarding winter storage. Should the battery be left connected? pros & cons

Also anymore input about how to keep mice, etc. out of the car? Mothballs? or anything better (less smell).

Thanks.

Connect the car to a Battery Tender.

A question regarding winter storage. Should the battery be left connected? pros & cons

Also anymore input about how to keep mice, etc. out of the car? Mothballs? or anything better (less smell).

Thanks.

make sure to put something in the gas to keep it from going bad. think its called Sta-bild or something very close. you can put a cat inside your car for the winter, they will keep the mice out but the smell will kill you :lol:

michael morris

Thanks.

I saw this at a car storage facility...killer!

http://www.autosportcatalog.com/index.cfm/...d/3962/sc/15049

This is how to do it!

:rolleyes:

The battery tender is the best assurance for maintaining battery life out there today. I have been using one for over 6 years. I beilieve it actually extends battery life due to maintaing a consistant charge which is monitored by a computer chip to send it into a trickle when a full charge is not needed. You never have a partially discharged battery so there is no strain, hence longer life. It was the best $50 I have spent on any car in years.

Archived