TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Tasca Day Pictures

GTHERO

Mine will be up sometime tomorrow hopefully....

But congrats Adam, car looks amazing

Amy.... Nice to finally meet you, and congrats on opening the east coast mod shop

Mr. Shelby.... You were a trooper out there signing all thoes autographs in that heat... (mine was the visor for car 1531) THANK YOU!!!!!

All the Tasca People.... Thank you for a wonderful show, and a great day!!!!

Last but not least, thank you roger for having everyone over afterwards, even though I couldnt go (my father vetoed the idea, he was tired and wanted to get home at the end of the day :()

It was an absolutely awesome day!

Thank you Mr. Shelby and Tasca. I agree with Hero, that was real dedication putting up with the heat, it was an amazingly hot and humid day.

It was great meeting everyone today. Congrats to those that got Mr. Shelby's signatures.

Roger's place was pretty awesome too. His wife did a great job with everything. Thank you Roger.

My son got to pass on his note to Mr. Shelby, but he wasn't able to hand it to him personally. He was disappointed but I had explained that at least he got to see him. Mr. Shelby waved to my son with sort of a thank you wave for giving him the note.

http://picasaweb.google.com/Adams.ShelbyGT...aDayAug25200702

I too also want to thank everyone at Tasca that made yesterday possible. Getting Mr Shelby's autograph and shaking his hand twice during the autograph of my window sticker has to put yesterday in the top five greatest days of my life.

Without a doubt Mr Shelby showed his appreciation to all of us sitting in the hot sun and signing autographs for well over an hour.

It was great meeting a lot of people yesterday for the first time. Amy and Chris, it was great to meet the two of you for the first time. Sharon and Robert it was great seeing the both of you again.

Adam without a doubt you have one nice looking Shelby, enjoy that beautiful car of yours.

Mike I'm so sorry that you missed getting Mr Shelby's autograph, especialy being next in line to get it. You took it very well and that's what makes you a standup first class Shelby owner.

I'm sorry I didn't make it to Roger's house afterwards. It was so hot and my wife and I had to leave early to get home and jump in our pool to cool down. Roger I know you and your wife spent lot of time to put your get together, together and again I appoligize. Yesterday was so darn hot.

Once again I want to thank the entire Tasca family for holding yesterdays event. I had the time of my life. Hope to see most of you in a few weeks at Mustangsunlimited.

Edit: I will post a few of my pictures later today.

Thank you Mr. Shelby and Tasca. I agree with Hero, that was real dedication putting up with the heat, it was an amazingly hot and humid day.

It was great meeting everyone today. Congrats to those that got Mr. Shelby's signatures.

Roger's place was pretty awesome too. His wife did a great job with everything. Thank you Roger.

My son got to pass on his note to Mr. Shelby, but he wasn't able to hand it to him personally. He was disappointed but I had explained that at least he got to see him. Mr. Shelby waved to my son with sort of a thank you wave for giving him the note.

Hi Adam - Great pictures and thanks for sharing. Looks like you all had a great time yesterday, wish I could have been there but I live too far away, CA. Your car reall look great and your long wait was worth it, don't you think? Have fun and enjoy the experience.

It was great to meet everyone. I hope everyone enjoyed this very special day.

I agree it was great to meet everyone, what a great event, the TAsca family is top notch and so were all of you.

My appologies to Adam, Mr. Shelby got a bit taken a back by the heat and humitity and we left soonerv then we expected. We will figure out a way to get this done. Adam, call Carl Tasca Jr. He is coordinating with me

Amy

I agree it was great to meet everyone, what a great event, the TAsca family is top notch and so were all of you.

My appologies to Adam, Mr. Shelby got a bit taken a back by the heat and humitity and we left soonerv then we expected. We will figure out a way to get this done. Adam, call Carl Tasca Jr. He is coordinating with me

Amy

Amy,

If they ever do this again they should have set up the table inside the dealership lobby. There were two doors on either side and people could have come in one door and out the other,. Single file no one else allowed in. Then Carroll and the rest of the team would have at least been out of the sun and in a cooler place. Seemed strange to me standing in the the nice cool LARGE dealership lobby looking out at them sweating and trying to keep up crowd control etc. Just an idea!

Great meeting you!

Well my son and I got home this afternoon after taking a few detours. No Roger we didnt get lost. We stopped in Gillette Stadium and a few other places and had a blast. I will be posting some pics tomorrow.

I just wanted to take a moment to say thanks to Roger and his wife. They were unbelievable. The hospitality they gave us was beyond words. My son and I had the time of our life. We didnt get Mr. Shelby's signature but we are going to UPS out the items and have it done when it gets done. We both had an awesome weekend. We met alot of fantastic people. It was great tgo finally meet those of you we got the pleasure to meet. I am going to recoup now and will post more on our experience in the next few days :)

Well my son and I got home this afternoon after taking a few detours. No Roger we didnt get lost. We stopped in Gillette Stadium and a few other places and had a blast. I will be posting some pics tomorrow.

I just wanted to take a moment to say thanks to Roger and his wife. They were unbelievable. The hospitality they gave us was beyond words. My son and I had the time of our life. We didnt get Mr. Shelby's signature but we are going to UPS out the items and have it done when it gets done. We both had an awesome weekend. We met alot of fantastic people. It was great tgo finally meet those of you we got the pleasure to meet. I am going to recoup now and will post more on our experience in the next few days :)

:lol::lol::lol: I'm glad you did not get lost! Thank you for the compliment. Lori and I enjoyed having everyone. I am happy you had a good time and thanks to you and your son for giving us a hand.

Amy

Thank you Amy, I understand. Many of us were amazed and impressed with how much time and energy you all gave to us. You're top notch too!

Please tell Mr. Shelby that my 5-year old son Adam Jr. was very excited that he got to see him and leave that note thanking him for building us a special car. I also got a picture with AJ with Mr. Shelby in the background. Mr. Shelby waved to him too, in thanks for the note. He will live with those memories forever. That was the most important thing to me out of all.

Thank you again for everything. I'll call Carl tomorrow.

Here they are

Driving on I-84 in CT

DSCF0036.JPG

Got off I-84 driving through middletown (i believe)

DSCF0037.JPG

On CT 691

DSCF0038.JPG

Now CT 9

DSCF0039.JPG

I-95 heading towards Providence

DSCF0040.JPG

WELCOME TO RHODE ISLAND!!!!

DSCF0041.JPG

More I-95

DSCF0043.JPG

Getting off I-95 and onto I-295 towards Cranston

DSCF0044.JPG

Driving on I-295

DSCF0045.JPG

Finally approaching the exit!!!

DSCF0046.JPG

On RI 37

DSCF0047.JPG

Getting off RI 37 at Pontiac Ave.

DSCF0049.JPG

The Blue Oval at Tasca

DSCF0050.JPG

Blurry shot of the Tasca sign out front

DSCF0051.JPG

MattChicago, Mywickedshelby, and me (GTHERO)

DSCF0053.JPG

The Show from the balcony

DSCF0058.JPG

Last but not least, Mr. Shelby signing some autographs for his fans!

DSCF0064.JPG

VERY COOL to put faces with the Forum Member's names! Great rides!!

When are you all driving out West to British Columbia?

-Todd

Adam, your car is an absolute gem! I love the pictures and had no idea what a huge event this was. Next year work permitting my wife and I will be there. Dave

Mr. Shelby was amazing sitting out there in the heat signing for us. I will always cherish the moment getting the opportunity to shake his hand and watch him sign my visor (with csm number).

Amy, Great to finally meet you. You were out there at the signing table in the heat the whole time and I saw that poor girl who ended up with the wrong visor (she was hysterical and trembling) approach you. You handled that very well. Great job and congrats to your staff.

Roger and Lori, THANK YOU for your wonderful hospitality and generousity inviting us to your beautiful home.

Dale & I really enjoyed being there and I will never forget that amazing group of Shelby's that were in your driveway. (neither will your neighbors!)

Matt, buddy, you saved me in the heat. I feel badly that I couldnt get your picture signed after all your help.

Glad we got a chance to spend some time in the Cape & on Tasca Day getting to know one another.

Webba, you have a fine son, it was great meeting you both and also getting to hang out a little at the Holiday Inn, Tasca Day and Roger's house. The conversation in Roger's kitchen was classic, too bad none of us have any opinions!!!!! :lol:

GTHero, a huge thank you to you and your Dad for all you did to get me included in the signing. The wait was killer in that heat, but we both have something very very special to show for it and I know I would have missed that boat without your willingness to help.

Adam, what can I say. You have a special and unique Shelby that can turns heads even in the company of all those incredible cars.....congratulations to you on your 1 of 1 SHELBY.

RIHarley, louie (I'll never forget the guy standing in line with his trunk), cobrawertz, all the great guys & gals from the LONG ISLAND Mustang Club, it was great meeting you all. THIS WAS A VERY SPECIAL AND MEMORABLE DAY.....THANK YOU ALL!!!

It was great to meet everyone. I hope everyone enjoyed this very special day.

Roger,

Thanks from the guys and gals of the Mustang & Shelby Club of Long Island for the hospitality and great barbeque. We hope to recipricate in the future. I know there are a few shows on Sept. 16, but if you (SGT forum buddies)take a road trip to Long Island for our show I'll fire up the barbeque as you did for us. Some of us will also be in Lime Rock this Sunday. Great to meet Roger, Webba, Wicked, Adam, friends and your families. Great show but I am bummed that my daughter Shelby Lynn was not able to get to meet her namesake. We waited on line forever but the heat was too much for Mr. Shelby and truthfully all of us !Hopefully if they do it again and it is that hot they will let Mr. Shelby sign in the air conditioned showroom. Gene @ SAAC New England is considering a dinner or barbeque the night before Tasca next year so the long distance cruisers can come in the night before and get into the show early the next morning. Thanks again Roger & Thanks to Carroll Shelby for building the cars that I drive. Rick, AKA cobrawertz

Rick,

It was a pleasure meeting everyone from the Shelby and Mustang Club of Long Island. I will be seeing you at Lime Rock this coming weekend. Who had the Yellow 68? If you remember one of my neighbors joined the party and was taking pictures. I never new he was a professional photographer and digital artist.

He has some nice shots of the Yellow 68. He also make a poster of the event which is sutible for framing. PM your e-mail and I will send you the file. I will try to post some pics of the poster after I figure out how to extract the file from the disc he gave to me today.

Again,

Great meeting you and I'm glad we could provide a little heat releif prior to your ferry ride home.

Roger

Great meeting and hanging out with you and the gang too Rick. Looking forward Lime Rock.

Gene is great. He seemed to be pretty impressed with my car after all the yapping I've done at the last few shows I've seen him at. He has done a real lot for this Shelby world. Next year sounds awesome. It will be even better that we'll all have our cars and hopefully many will be able to bring theirs.

See ya'll Sunday.

Adam

Great meeting and hanging out with you and the gang too Rick. Looking forward Lime Rock.

Gene is great. He seemed to be pretty impressed with my car after all the yapping I've done at the last few shows I've seen him at. He has done a real lot for this Shelby world. Next year sounds awesome. It will be even better that we'll all have our cars and hopefully many will be able to bring theirs.

See ya'll Sunday.

Adam

Adam,

So has tasca now finished all their mods on your car, or are you enjoying it too much to give it back :P

Adam,

So has tasca now finished all their mods on your car, or are you enjoying it too much to give it back :P

Nope...

At least I have the car and I couldn't be happier with it the way it is. The car is absolutely amazing. I am very luck and proud with what I have.

• 1 month later...

Here is an article of that day from the Mustang Club of America's monthly (October 2007) pub:

http://picasaweb.google.com/Adams.ShelbyGT...bPicsOfTascaDay

If you look to the far left, the white GT500 is Tom's Jr's (lives near me) car with the trunk off. Then if you look toward the bottom middle of the page, you can see him carrying the trunk. It was an awesome site! Had I known the outcome of my signature situation, I would have done the same as you guys.

Louie, is that you with the brown shirt with your back facing the camera about 20 feet behind Tom?

Wicked, that was your black SGT right near Tom's car, correct (the one with the block-off plates)? Or was yours the one just a few more cars up further in the same row?

Bob L.'s black SGT is the one in front of the KR with the hood up. Bob was one of the museum deliveries.

My car is in line with the SS, KR and 2 R Models. Mine is just to the left of the R's. You can just make out the silver stripes on the roof. I wish you could just make out the signatures too LOL. I don't know why that silly looking van was there in the way all day (well, maybe I do LOL). Behind my car are my wife, father-in-law, and my 2 sons. I think that's Roger standing behind the KR under the Shelby tent. To the right of the SS was the white SGT prototype.

Archived