TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Tire wear?

blueshawk

I've been reading the Roush forum and many of them have accelerated tire wear due to the lowered suspension. The fix they recommend is camber plates.

How many miles on your car and how do the front tires look?

~ 9000 miles and no problems.

Well with the front ones anyway. That rear tires are looking a little thin. :D

I've been reading the Roush forum and many of them have accelerated tire wear due to the lowered suspension. The fix they recommend is camber plates.

So the lowered suspension should give you more negative camber upfront that a factory spec Mustang GT wearing out the inside of the fronts faster. You just need to corner harder to wear out the outside of the fronts and even things out :D

Seriously, after I get my tools out of the race trailer this weekend I can measure the camber on my SGT and somebody can compare that against specs.

Todd csm1638

Will anyone put the BF Goodrich tires on again after the originals are worn out?

Most certainly. I had an 04 GT that had BF goodrich's..and I replaced them with another brand..never again. The ride on the BF's was far better. The only reason i had to replace the 04's tires was due to an alignment issue..but that is another whole story. :huh:

I have a pretty serious problem with tire vapor being emitted from the rears. :rolleyes:

I have a different problem with the rear tires.........they keep making black marks on the road wherever I go. I guess something else might be wrong with the car? :huh: All I can say it better be covered under warranty! :angry:

~ 9000 miles and no problems.

Well with the front ones anyway. That rear tires are looking a little thin. :D

Hey Stump,

Maybe you could rivet some new tread on those back tires. :rolleyes: Oh wait! that wouldn't be SAI approved fix! :lol:

3000 no problems

I have a pretty serious problem with tire vapor being emitted from the rears. :rolleyes:

lite them up :)

Archived