TEAM SHELBY FORUM

reservation for a shelby-H soft top

Can't say it won't happen, but I've never had it happen. I had a reservation for a GT-H last December at McCarran Airport in Las Vegas and it was there as promised. I have a reservation for a GT-H convertible in two weeks in Hawaii and it darn well better be there! :) Are you a Hertz #1 Club Gold member? If not, that might help...

Can't say it won't happen, but I've never had it happen. I had a reservation for a GT-H last December at McCarran Airport in Las Vegas and it was there as promised. I have a reservation for a GT-H convertible in two weeks in Hawaii and it darn well better be there! :) Are you a Hertz #1 Club Gold member? If not, that might help...

Hi Matt

Cheers LOL love you comment! Is it costly to be a Gold member?

Steve.

• 2 weeks later...

Costs nothing to be a Gold Member.

But remember, the car rental promise to have a certain car is only as good as the one the renter made to bring it back on a certain day. :(

If the car you are renting is late being returned= no Shelby for you! :huh:

When I rented a GT-H last summer, they didn't have enough cars to cover the reservations, but luckily I wasnt the last guy to get there. B)

Costs nothing to be a Gold Member.

But remember, the car rental promise to have a certain car is only as good as the one the renter made to bring it back on a certain day. :(

If the car you are renting is late being returned= no Shelby for you! :huh:

When I rented a GT-H last summer, they didn't have enough cars to cover the reservations, but luckily I wasnt the last guy to get there. B)

Thank you! Yet i am not sure we'll be going at the moment having reserved it! But ill make sure i am first at the desk if we do!

cheers

• 4 months later...
... last time i wanted to rent a mustang form hertz LV airport the car wasnt there! I was very disappointed <_<

Just chiming in to add that I also did not get my reserved Shelby at Las Vegas airport last week. The manager ran an unadvertised special of $75 plus your reserved rental price and rented out every Shelby the day before I arrived.

Like the airlines Hertz has shown they will overbook the Shelby cars. So even though you reserve a Shelby if someone steps off an earlier plane with a credit card in hand Hertz seems to forget about previous reservations.

I'm not saying that all locations do it but I saw it happen as recently as last month in Vegas. My suggestion is to pick the car up as early as possible or keep in constant phone contact with the manager the day you are scheduled to pick up the car.

Steve

I tried to reserve a GTH for two months prior to the Carroll Shelby Birthday Bash in Vegas. I tried from all the Hertz sites at each hotel and the airport but was always told "sold out". We got to Vegas thursday night prior to the event and the first place I went was the Hertz booth at our hotel (the Wynn). I requested a GTH for 4 days and she said no problem and I could pick it up at 10 am the next morning. We did. Go figure?? By the way, we liked the car so much instead of taking our flight back to Denver, we drove the GTH to Scottsdale (for Barrett Jackson) then on home to Denver. What a blast!! :happy feet: :happy feet:

I tried to reserve a GTH for two months prior to the Carroll Shelby Birthday Bash in Vegas. I tried from all the Hertz sites at each hotel and the airport but was always told "sold out". We got to Vegas thursday night prior to the event and the first place I went was the Hertz booth at our hotel (the Wynn). I requested a GTH for 4 days and she said no problem and I could pick it up at 10 am the next morning. We did. Go figure?? By the way, we liked the car so much instead of taking our flight back to Denver, we drove the GTH to Scottsdale (for Barrett Jackson) then on home to Denver. What a blast!! :happy feet: :happy feet:

Ah, now I know why the GT-H I wanted to rent in Vegas isn't available any more. I wonder if they'd give me a deal to drive it from Denver to Vegas to get it back?

Ah, now I know why the GT-H I wanted to rent in Vegas isn't available any more. I wonder if they'd give me a deal to drive it from Denver to Vegas to get it back?

Sorry, but I beat you to it. When I turned the car in at Denver International, I asked if i could driveit back to Vegas on their ticket. The answer was a firm NO! Oh well, you don't know if you don't ask!! :hysterical:

• 1 month later...
Like the airlines Hertz has shown they will overbook the Shelby cars. So even though you reserve a Shelby if someone steps off an earlier plane with a credit card in hand Hertz seems to forget about previous reservations.

I'm not saying that all locations do it but I saw it happen as recently as last month in Vegas. My suggestion is to pick the car up as early as possible or keep in constant phone contact with the manager the day you are scheduled to pick up the car.

Hertz Orlando Airport tried to do this to us last month. We got to the Hertz building about midnight and there was a huge line.

My wife went in to get the car and I stayed outside with our luggage. I saw two GT-H 'verts. One in front of the building and one accross the parking lot.

While she was on line , the one next to the building got rented and left. When she finally got to the counter an hour later, with a reservation for a GT-H the conversation went like this:

(short version)

clerk: We don't have any more

wife: Yes. You do. One is on the lot.

clerk: We don't know where it is.

wife: My husband says it's in space 35

clerk: We can't rent that. It's for a Gold Member.

manager: How about a Corvette?

wife: Um. No. I want the car I reserved.

manager: What about a Hummer?

wife: :banghead:

Bottom line: We left with our GT-H and they cleaned a Corvette for the Gold Member. Hope he didn't need trunk space.

• 2 weeks later...
Has anyone had any success in picking one up at the counter (for a discount)? They finally show one in Vegas being available, and we're going out there in two weeks. I'm going to see if they'll let me take it off their hands for a week.

last October i arranged to rent a stockyard mustang in ATL and they brought the gt-h around to tease me. it worked, we took it and managed to get a 50% discount to boot. as long as the car is there you can negotiate anything with them. i've found complaining about something helps. for example, the lady regulating the hertz buses at the airport saw me when i waved to her from 25 feet away - when i got closer she motioned the bus to leave without me. let's see when we were at LAX, there were 4 hertz people behind the counter (even though there were 20 spaces available) with 50 people in line while in the mini building across the driveway had 5 hertz people helping zero gold members - that was agitating for me and helped me get a discount. Also if you fly frontier you can get a discount code from them.

• 1 month later...

I have a reservation for a GT-H Vert in Tampa for next week! They better have the car or I'll lay down in the floor and throw a tantrum!!!! :rant2:

During the week I'll have some time to drive it over to Orlando and look at a White/Red Stripe GT500 Vert.... Too much fun!

Keith

Archived