TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Is Your SGT a Daily Driver?

jaydub Mach1

SGT1386 is my daily commute car, unless my wife says it's OK to drive the Suburban. I only work about 5 miles from home so my car purchased on May 11th only has around 1250 miles on it. Which brings me to the situation those of us in Houston were faced with last week when it poured down 6 to 8 inches of rain in some areas. I sat at work watching the downpour wondering if I was going to bite the bullet and call my wife to come get me. As it turned out the rain quit just long enough for me to make a getaway.

BTW the 5 miles I drive to work is a lot more fun now. Which sort of leads me to my next thought which is to expound on the vice/virtues of owning a radar detector. Sounds like another thread brewing..... B)

Got mine in May and have 1,900 miles on the rear tires and about 700 on fronts Oh Yea!!!

:lol::lol::lol:

Bought mine June 12 and just turned 700 miles this weekend. 80 of those were taking to get windows tinted, rest is just pure fun. Still have not taken a good road trip with it, but have a local road with good curves that it sees quite often. 25 MPH curves are NO problem @ 60MPH ;) haven't been brave enough to try any faster yet, but know the car would handle more.

I wish mine was my daily driver. Guess I'm afraid it will wear out or something. Also my 2 dogs like to ride and there isn't enough room for 3 of us to see out.

Also can't drive it in the winter around here anyway. Too much lake effect snow off Lake Erie (Nov-May sometimes). We frequently measure it by the foot, rather than the inch.

My car will not be an everyday driver for now; once I retire that will change. But for now at the end of the day, especially one of “Those Days”, it’s nice to come home and have an SGT fix. Wouldn’t you say!!

LOL Jer you guys got alot of snow last year.

Yup, because I had been transferred to a different office 50 miles from my house, and was late getting my winter tires put back on my RX8. Murphy's Law, don't ya know... :blink:

Jer

Got mine in May and have 1,900 miles on the rear tires and about 700 on fronts Oh Yea!!!

That's funny.

BTW, I live in Suffolk County... traffic makes it hard to enjoy a car!

I'm assuming you've found a good place to open up the Shelby a bit on L.I.?

Jer

The foot removal from his a*s would have cost more than the car dent removal ;)

:lol:

My thoughts exactly!

To chime in, here, I can attest that a good Paintless Dent Removal tech is worth his weight in gold. My local guy has kept me sane for the last couple of years with my previous car. It IS an art, though. I'm sure a bad one can mess things up quick.

Jer

Been daily driven since July 4th. With 1200 miles so far.

This car is my fountain of youth. I feel 20 years younger when I'm in it.

Wife keeps begging to drive it again. Yesterday I didn't allow my 7 year old to ride home

from Football practice. He was all sweaty and had grass in his cleats. Mamma had to put

him in the Van. She wanted to take Sherby to the grocery store and run errands. I got

in real quick and burned rubber. Pretended I didn't hear her.

Mine is a pleasure cruiser for nice warm sunny days-unfortunately we in IL don't remember the last one we had-we have hot humid rainy flood watch days lately-had mine 3 weeks tomorrow-134 miles (55 on way home from dealership and it had 17 on it at pickup :( )

Wife keeps begging to drive it again. Yesterday I didn't allow my 7 year old to ride home

from Football practice. He was all sweaty and had grass in his cleats. Mamma had to put

him in the Van. She wanted to take Sherby to the grocery store and run errands. I got

Her errand would violate my one cardinal rule about the Shelby-I don't leave it unattended anywhere that has carts!!!!!! ;)

Her errand would violate my one cardinal rule about the Shelby-I don't leave it unattended anywhere that has carts!!!!!! ;)

Not me.

20 years ago I was 15 and had to drive my mom's puke yellow station wagon with the simulated wood grain decal down the side and it looked like a hat full of smashed buttholes. It ran like a bat-out-of-hell though with that 403! You just had to hold your feet up so your shoes didn't accidently stick out the hole in the floor pan and God forbid you hit a mud puddle! :lol:

Not me.

20 years ago I was 15 and had to drive my mom's puke yellow station wagon with the simulated wood grain decal down the side and it looked like a hat full of smashed buttholes. It ran like a bat-out-of-hell though with that 403! You just had to hold your feet up so your shoes didn't accidently stick out the hole in the floor pan and God forbid you hit a mud puddle! :lol:

Speaking of puke yellow station wagons with simulated wood grain decals down the side... My first car was a yellow Pontiac Astre station wagon (pontiac version of a Vega) with simulated woodgrain panels down the sides. It also was my mom's car before I got it, but for me it was 25 years ago.

I own a 2006 Screaming Eagle Ultra Classic Harley, a $35,000 dollar bike (drives folks crazy to see me on a Mountain trail with her)

I own a 1950 3100 series Chevy truck, "all original" Marina Blue and as cherry as cherry gets.....(drives the boys crazy at Lowes when I pull her up to the loading area for building materials!)

No way is this Pony going to sit still....Her first run was to a mud puddle of a Port in South La. called Fourchon. Daily Driver? Well YEAH! :D

All 3 are kept clean as a whistle and in top running condition. High milage, GOD I HOPE SO!!

. High milage, GOD I HOPE SO!!

I'M WITH YOU!

My goal is to have some guy 60 years from now all pissed off because the original owner drove it so much. I intend to keep this car and could care less about value etc., at some future date when I'm gone. I saw a 1968 Shelby for sale for $250K with 28K miles. I felt sad for the original owner that didn't get to enjoy his car only to have someone else one day get rich off it. Naww....not me...."I wanna drive it all night long..."

I'M WITH YOU!

My goal is to have some guy 60 years from now all pissed off because the original owner drove it so much. I intend to keep this car and could care less about value etc., at some future date when I'm gone. I saw a 1968 Shelby for sale for $250K with 28K miles. I felt sad for the original owner that didn't get to enjoy his car only to have someone else one day get rich off it. Naww....not me...."I wanna drive it all night long..."

Couldn't agree more with you Matt... My wife and I really enjoy driving this car. It's meant to be driven and drive her, we will do. :D

Gary

I'M WITH YOU!

AMEN Matt, AMEN!!!

I'M WITH YOU!

x 11ty billion.

Christie started that " I want to keep the miles off of the car" thing and I asked why she wants to pay for her dream car now so someone else can enjoy it later.

She said "good point!"

Coming back from my grandson's birthday party last night, I found out my Jeep can't keep up with the Shelby...... :D

Picked mine up June 12th with 6.9 miles on it........

Drove her 1000 miles in 10 days while on vacation (Cape Cod, Newport, RI & Tasca)

from 8/16 to 8/26 for a total of 3200 so far.......

Not my daily driver, have a company car that I put meaningless miles on.

Evenings, weekends, or whenever I need a lift for my Shelby.

Archived