TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Sweet #16!

lcf58

I've been traveling for 2 weeks and have not had a chance to pick it up yet...#16 off the line. I told the dealer to "shoot to kill" anyone who goes past the ropes!...I figure since I already paid for it, I can say that to them.

I did find out a few things once the car arrived at the dealer:

I asked to have them install the homelink rearview mirror, but they found out the wiring for that mirror is through the roof...no go on the convertible...go figure?

I also decided to put a lo-jack in the vehicle...they actually came to the dealership and put it in.

I had the same issue with the Shaker 1000...they built it without it. In hindsight, I think I'd rather have the trunk room!

If I can only get back to Atlanta, I'll get it home!

post-6268-1153520639_thumb.jpg

post-6268-1153522158_thumb.jpg

post-6268-1153522158_thumb.jpg

NICE CAR IS THAT BLACK OR WHITE STRIPES

The stripes are actually blue. I asked the dealer to take some pictures and email them to me. His camera leaves a bit to be desired. Once I get it home, I'll take some better shots and post 'em up. How do you like your color?

How would you know if it was #16 off the line? If it was #16 why did it take so long to be delivered, I have heard of many delivered on this site and have seen several delivered locally? Just wondering where that info may have come from. :headscratch:

I'll answer your questions in order:

1) My car was delivered to the dealer over 3 weeks ago. I have been traveling on business and have not been home to pick it up.

2) I discovered this site today during my long flight delay, hence my first post

3) I knew I'd be getting one of the first ones, and when the dealer gave me the VIN (with a bunch of 0000's and 16 as the last two digits, it was obvious. But just to codify my intuition, I was able to verify it thru Ford corporate.

Things could have changed recently, but from what I've heard here so far, VIN #'s do not have any direct corellation to the actual order of a unit's production. So 000016 doesn't necessarily mean that it's the 16th produced. Robert, can you weigh in ?

I'll answer your questions in order:

1) My car was delivered to the dealer over 3 weeks ago. I have been traveling on business and have not been home to pick it up.

2) I discovered this site today during my long flight delay, hence my first post

3) I knew I'd be getting one of the first ones, and when the dealer gave me the VIN (with a bunch of 0000's and 16 as the last two digits, it was obvious. But just to codify my intuition, I was able to verify it thru Ford corporate.

Please provide the phone number of "Ford Corporate" that you used.

Thanks,

Dave

post-3993-1153584105_thumb.jpg

WHAT DEALER IN ATLANTA HAS YOUR CAR I WOULD LOVE TO GO SEE IT. I WONT TOUCH IT. I HAVE ONE ON ORDER BUT STILL NOTHING AS FAR AS INFORMATION ON WHEN IT WILL BE HERE. IT IS THE FIRST FOR THE SVT DEALER.

Look closely at the tag on the back of this white GT550 vert.... could it possibly be from Billy Howell Ford in Cumming, GA ( about 20 miles north of Atlanta up hwy 400). I hope I don't offend anyone by supplying this information.

post-3993-1153584105_thumb.jpg

Things could have changed recently, but from what I've heard here so far, VIN #'s do not have any direct corellation to the actual order of a unit's production. So 000016 doesn't necessarily mean that it's the 16th produced. Robert, can you weigh in ?

awatters the first 100 cars are in order by vin like that but after that it doesn't matter about the vin sequence so 00016 is exactly that # 16 off the line-- 100% positive about that!!

awatters the first 100 cars are in order by vin like that but after that it doesn't matter about the vin sequence so 00016 is exactly that # 16 off the line-- 100% positive about that!!

Again, I don't make things up, when I state facts that I am quoting from a reliable source.

so you are saying VNMOUS1 & rpretzl are wrong?

http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/inde...790&hl=vin#

also some discussion here

http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/inde...amp;#entry13613

So with your logic jvfowler's shelby is 1ZVHT88S475216748 and means his car is #6748th off the line?

They haven't even made more than say 2000 at most at this point.

http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/inde...tem&CID=148

then if my vin # has 67 in the last 2 digits it was 67th off the the line right?

Again, I don't make things up, when I state facts that I am quoting from a reliable source.

so you are saying VNMOUS1 & rpretzl are wrong?

http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/inde...790&hl=vin#

also some discussion here

http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/inde...amp;#entry13613

So with your logic jvfowler's shelby is 1ZVHT88S475216748 and means his car is #6748th off the line?

They haven't even made more than say 2000 at most at this point.

http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/inde...tem&CID=148

no that's not what I'm saying. What I am saying is that the first 100 cars will read 000025 for example up to 000100. The rest of the vehicles will 19xxxx, 20xxxx, 21xxxx, 22xxxx. I hope Robert, ISELL, or 5OHB will chime in to confirm if you don't believe me.

Dude I'm not a liar, and if i'm not sure I would say I'm not sure. trust me though it's true it took a while to confirm but it's true. However I could be wrong on how many of that type of ID there will be I couldn't remember if it was the first 50 or first 100 but somewhere in there.

no that's not what I'm saying. What I am saying is that the first 100 cars will read 000025 for example up to 000100. The rest of the vehicles will 19xxxx, 20xxxx, 21xxxx, 22xxxx. I hope Robert, ISELL, or 5OHB will chime in to confirm if you don't believe me.

Dude I'm not a liar, and if i'm not sure I would say I'm not sure. trust me though it's true it took a while to confirm but it's true. However I could be wrong on how many of that type of ID there will be I couldn't remember if it was the first 50 or first 100 but somewhere in there.

I must be confused. I understood that the vin# anr just an internal method of tracking the production of the car and did not indicate sequence of build. This is supported by a earlier post from april in which a vin # for a very early car is described. (AND ITS NOT 0000XX !) See below: (I believe Five Oh b is a Flat rock insider??)

StangsUnleashed.com _ GT500 Availability _ Shelby VIN #'s have begun

Posted by: Five Oh B Apr 24 2006, 08:58 PM

Just an FYI. Things are gonna start happening quickly now.... :woohoo:

Ford pulled our first 2007 GT500 order already. Torch Red Coupe with Charcoal/Crimson interior.

VIN # is 1ZVHT88S575196137

Our other 4 orders are still in the queue waiting to be pulled (at much later dates, I'm sure).

Posted by: ColdwaterHotrod Apr 24 2006, 09:00 PM

**********************************************************************************

If i am following your logic then the last 6 digits of the above car would mean it was made after the first 100 were made with your numbering sequence of zeros and a sequential last 2 digits. I doubt this is the case.

Any way who cares! I will be flying to Detroit from Colorado in about 2 weeks to drive mine back. I think I'll go Route 66 and have a great time...

I must be confused. I understood that the vin# anr just an internal method of tracking the production of the car and did not indicate sequence of build. This is supported by a earlier post from april in which a vin # for a very early car is described. (AND ITS NOT 0000XX !) See below: (I believe Five Oh b is a Flat rock insider??)

StangsUnleashed.com _ GT500 Availability _ Shelby VIN #'s have begun

Posted by: Five Oh B Apr 24 2006, 08:58 PM

Just an FYI. Things are gonna start happening quickly now.... :woohoo:

Ford pulled our first 2007 GT500 order already. Torch Red Coupe with Charcoal/Crimson interior.

VIN # is 1ZVHT88S575196137

Our other 4 orders are still in the queue waiting to be pulled (at much later dates, I'm sure).

Posted by: ColdwaterHotrod Apr 24 2006, 09:00 PM

**********************************************************************************

If i am following your logic then the last 6 digits of the above car would mean it was made after the first 100 were made with your numbering sequence of zeros and a sequential last 2 digits. I doubt this is the case.

Any way who cares! I will be flying to Detroit from Colorado in about 2 weeks to drive mine back. I think I'll go Route 66 and have a great time...

[/quote

Correct...it really does not matter...I cannot give out the phone #, but trust me...I have it on the highest authority regarding the #ing sequence. Dealer guess is correct.

VIN and build squence do NOT relate people! I do not care who anyone speaks to, Its just not the case.

I look at build sheets ALL day and trust me it is f'ing mind boggling to understand how the numbers go up and down all day, Shoot they even go BACKWARDS.

VIN numbers DO NOT reflect the order in which the car was built. Hence, VIN # 359 could have been built before VIN#13.

I have seen this many times at the Mustang plant, but do not understand why this is.

At any rate, people seem to lavish a lower VIN - and 16 is low considering that Carroll Shelby's is #13!

AWESOME GT500 - ROCK ON :bandance:

Sorry intguys, it appears that Robert is saying otherwise and 00016 is not the 16th off the line, but at end of the day, at least lcf58 has an EARLY Shelby which is more than I or others have.

congrats

now get driving!

I have this info direct from ford manufacturing the first 50 to 100 cars will have that low # sequence I'm sure you guys will find this to be true later. Do you think carrols car was built after Indy mustang's I don't think so. these cars are mainly for ford execs. and the kind. It's not a guess on my part. I also know that the vin does not reflect where the cars were built in line except for those first 100!!

call bob hurley ford and ask them,they are the ones who had the #37 car on ebay saying it was the 37th car to roll off the line and I sent them a message saying that, that was fraudulant to say on thier part and they sent me a letter that they have documentation to back it all up. FROM FORD. so I decided to call another dealer stating the same and they had the same documentation. Take it for what it's worth.

Hey - no matter what - I smell a "SWEET 16" license plate coming up.

Thank you. Good olifactory sense! And I'm tired of all the noise on the board. The VINs work as follows...the first 50 Shelbys off the line (not the first 100) are absolutely linked to the last 2 numbers...so anyone that has 000xx (up to #50) directly correlates to the build sequence. After that, it is pot luck.

somewhat related question (not that I really car about VINs as long as I get my GT500)...

Are the GT500 VINs independent of the rest of the Mustang line? Or are all the V6, GT, and GT500 VINs part of the same 'family' of VINs?

If the latter is the case, I find it hard to believe the Shelbys will have a set range of consecutive (low) numbers unless corporate expressly set aside a range of (001-XXX), which may be the case for the first 50 or 100 as mentioned before.

Archived