TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Commodity Hold

DoctorStang

:mad: I have just been informed by my dealer that my Shelby is on 'Commodity Hold'. Specifically, Ford did not have enough foresight to have adequate numbers of the Shaker 1000 systems available (coupes and verts). As a result, all Cobras that ordered the Shaker 1000 option will not be available for delivery until October 2006. :banghead: There are those who obviously received their Shelby already with the Shaker 1000 systems - those were apparently shipped before the commodity hold. All subsequent orders are supposedly subject to this hold.

My dealer is going to see if changing my order back to the standard Shaker 500 will get it released for delivery sooner. This is just another example of Ford not planning appropriately for a car they have spent a couple years hyping to the public! Has anyone else run into this problem or heard anything? :shrug:

My Shelby is a coupe and is scheduled to be built next week with the Shaker 1000 included. I checked with my dealer and everything is fine. However, my Shelby was on a materials hold status longer than usual because of the Shaker.

There does seem to be some issues with the Shaker system that holds up production, but according to my dealer it effects each car individually. For example, add 2-4 weeks to your normal time.

I was at my dealer a couple of days ago trying to get him to accept my X-plan PIN number. (That failed.) He did check the status of all the Shelby orders he has and 4 of the 6 were on material hold. He had no explanation as to why other than "they are all on material hold." He changed his ETA for my car from Jan. 07 to Oct 06. I am 3rd on the order list and SOMEHOW the 6th order got pushed up to the 2nd place in line. That 6th order is the owner of the dealership.

Same Info

My dealer called to say mine is on MATERIAL HOLD.

Coupe, Vista Blue, No Over the top stripe, no Shaker 1000.

Anyone have any clue as to what the current material hold is??

Called Ford Customer Service, gave my order number and got the same info.

Niether can say why there is a current material hold??

Fell like i'm lost in space!!!

In a never ending time warp!!

Scottie beam me up; or better yet beam my car down

who cares abount a "shaker 1000" YOUR NOT GOING TO EVEN PLAY THE STEREO THAT DAMN LOUD the point here is to be driving this badass car as soon as u can

wrong about playing the music "that damn loud". I am planning a system with no less than 3000 watts in mine.

I'll just make the exhaust louder as well.

Everyone is asking over and over again what the 'material hold' means. It has been explained in a post a few pages back called "New scoop on 'material hold' " PLEASE READ!!!!! You will go from 'Clean Unscheduled' to 'Material Hold' to 'Scheduled' etc. etc.

average wait time to go from 'material hold' to 'scheduled' ??

Same Info

My dealer called to say mine is on MATERIAL HOLD.

Coupe, Vista Blue, No Over the top stripe, no Shaker 1000.

Anyone have any clue as to what the current material hold is??

Called Ford Customer Service, gave my order number and got the same info.

Niether can say why there is a current material hold??

Fell like i'm lost in space!!!

In a never ending time warp!!

Scottie beam me up; or better yet beam my car down

Do a search for previous posts on this, there has been a lot of discussion.

Dave

:mad: I have just been informed by my dealer that my Shelby is on 'Commodity Hold'. Specifically, Ford did not have enough foresight to have adequate numbers of the Shaker 1000 systems available (coupes and verts). As a result, all Cobras that ordered the Shaker 1000 option will not be available for delivery until October 2006. :banghead: There are those who obviously received their Shelby already with the Shaker 1000 systems - those were apparently shipped before the commodity hold. All subsequent orders are supposedly subject to this hold.

My dealer is going to see if changing my order back to the standard Shaker 500 will get it released for delivery sooner. This is just another example of Ford not planning appropriately for a car they have spent a couple years hyping to the public! Has anyone else run into this problem or heard anything? :shrug:

I called Ford yesterday, and my Shelby coupe with the Shaker 1000 is scheduled to be built the week of 7/31 with delivery estimated for 8/7 - 8/14. That suggests to me that they have enough Shaker 1000's to build at least through the first week in August. Hope that helps. :shift:

I called Ford yesterday, and my Shelby coupe with the Shaker 1000 is scheduled to be built the week of 7/31 with delivery estimated for 8/7 - 8/14. That suggests to me that they have enough Shaker 1000's to build at least through the first week in August. Hope that helps. :shift:

Does anyone know when or how often the status updates? Customer service seems to always have the same info as the dealer. As of yesterday mine is still showing "Bucked" with a build week of 7/21 and delivery week of 8/4. That seems somewhat optimistic.....

Archived