TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Hertz Hood

ShelbyGT/SC

I was going to get the Hertz hood, but, after hearing from socaljafo about fitment problems, I think I am going to tough it out with the hood scoop.

+1

I know the scoop fitment can be fixed (even if I have to do it myself, :angry: ) I couldn't fixed the Hertz hood fitment problems myself. I'm waiting.

I did see several of these hoods while at SAI. Looked at a couple really close and did not see any issues with fitment. I decided to get both hoods. The original hood looks very good with the fix and I just like the look of the CS hoods on both the black and white cars.

I was going to get the Hertz hood, but, after hearing from socaljafo about fitment problems, I think I am going to tough it out with the hood scoop.

Hey guys, I have the Hertz/CS6 hood and have no issues with it at all. It is beautiful and the fit and finish are very good. No problems here. See pictures in the Gallery.

Dave

Yes, definitely getting the hood. It is on my not so short list of items. I looked at some of the cars there and it looked very nice and fit well too. That was always on my list though...and the S/C, brakes, wheels, etc.

:blink:

Yes, definitely getting the hood. It is on my not so short list of items. I looked at some of the cars there and it looked very nice and fit well too. That was always on my list though...and the S/C, brakes, wheels, etc.

:blink:

Milstang, it’s great to hear from you. Hope all is well over there.

You need anything sent to you while protecting our freedom? Just say the word.

This past weekend, I was at the post office sending one of my friends at SAI a Hotwheel car and I saw a woman with a box of goodies she was shipping to her son. It was the least I could do to pay for that shipping and thank her for her sacrifices. I can’t afford to send you a car or house, but if you need any good old American toothpaste, shaving cream, peanut butter or anything else like that, just say the word.

Maybe we can send you some New England items such as Duncan Doughnuts coffee (ground beans) or coffee milk (syrup)? How about some good-old Portuguese food like chorico (vacuum wrapped of course)?

I have a couple pics of your car in my picasa site on my signature. It’s nice and safe.

Be safe.

Milstang dont listen to Adam. He is going to send you some of thet cheap a*s Chinese toothpaste ;) Seriously though, great to hear from you. I hope all is well as can be. If you havent been able to keep up with things just a reminder that the tasca Ford show is next weekend so if you can find time after the weekedn of the 25th check in. There will be alot of pics and stories posted. If you happen to find Bin Laden and get that reward remember some of us need an S/C!LOL Talk with you soon :)

Milstang dont listen to Adam. He is going to send you some of thet cheap a*s Chinese toothpaste ;) Seriously though, great to hear from you. I hope all is well as can be. If you havent been able to keep up with things just a reminder that the tasca Ford show is next weekend so if you can find time after the weekedn of the 25th check in. There will be alot of pics and stories posted. If you happen to find Bin Laden and get that reward remember some of us need an S/C!LOL Talk with you soon :)

LOL

I am wondering how many people got or are getting the Hertz hood?

I have only had my gt .about 3 weeks now ;), the hood scoop was replaced today .... looks better , I'll keep checking it out over the next month or so, it is 106 hear today ,if there is going to be a problem it maybe over the next few days stg...

• 5 weeks later...

One of my first real days off and trying to catch up on the site. So many pages!!! Unfortunately as a member of the U.S. Military I do not get the reward. I might get a medal out of it...they can keep the shrapnel/bullets, I will pass on that. :lol:

Maybe I should stash him somewhere and fly one of you over. Then we can all get S/C.

:rolleyes:

One of my first real days off and trying to catch up on the site. So many pages!!! Unfortunately as a member of the U.S. Military I do not get the reward. I might get a medal out of it...they can keep the shrapnel/bullets, I will pass on that. :lol:

Maybe I should stash him somewhere and fly one of you over. Then we can all get S/C.

:rolleyes:

If you find him...I'll buy you an S/C. I promise...

106? Yet another Texas Shelby??

106 ? :) ? That would be nice. We had 113 here in Arizona again today. I have 1800 miles on my SGT and have not seen any of the hood scoop problems others are talking about. Is this because my SGT has a higher number (4071)? On the earlier models what exactly is the problem with the hood scoops? Thanks.

106 ? :) ? That would be nice. We had 113 here in Arizona again today. I have 1800 miles on my SGT and have not seen any of the hood scoop problems others are talking about. Is this because my SGT has a higher number (4071)? On the earlier models what exactly is the problem with the hood scoops? Thanks.

That's because your scoop melted to the hood!

I would much rather get a KR or supersnake hood than the Hertz hood. Those are really sweet!

Yes, unfortunately they won't fit. (yes, I tried to get them too) Bud and I talked about it a few times over emails and they fit the GT500 but not the regular Mustang.

:(

The Hertz hood is the only hood (currently) besides the stock one that will fit the SGT for now.

I still like it and the S/C will fit...barely under it. Good enough for me!!

:D

Yes, unfortunately they won't fit. (yes, I tried to get them too) Bud and I talked about it a few times over emails and they fit the GT500 but not the regular Mustang.

:(

The Hertz hood is the only hood (currently) besides the stock one that will fit the SGT for now.

I still like it and the S/C will fit...barely under it. Good enough for me!!

:D

Here are some other options that will fit a stock GT:

https://www.cervinis.com/product.aspx?car=1&id=1208#1177

I assume these would work on the SGT.

I am wondering how many people got or are getting the Hertz hood?

Got it and glad I did. SAI did a great job on the paint finish and the only issue is that the hood is slightly higher on the driver's side but you really have to look at it hard to notice. Since the stripes and the finish seem to be very good I really don't want to mess with it and create any problems. Nobody but me has noticed it as it is probabl only about an 1/8th of an inch or less above the fender. And yes the water does puddle when I wash it but not a big deal to soak it up with the chamois.

Archived