TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Hood Scoop Instructions

Crucible

NO!!!! And DO NOT HAVE HIM SWAP IT OR FIX IT!!!!!!!!! There was a thread on this last week and Amy responded basically that SAi has not yet finalized the fix. The riveting down method wasnt the official end all fix. It was for some vehicles. They are still working on another or better fix. We dont know anything more yet.

http://forum.shelbyautos.com/index.php?showtopic=1908&st=40

Amy's response is on page 3 if this doesnt take you there directly.

Does anyone know if the instructions for repairing the hood scoop have been finalized? I don't want to have my dealer "flying blind" on this.

my car is only 2 weeks old !! had it replaced today there is a difference,my dealer said keep an eye on it , they will replace it again if needed , it fits better on the hood good luck stg;;

my car is only 2 weeks old !! had it replaced today there is a difference,my dealer said keep an eye on it , they will replace it again if needed , it fits better on the hood good luck stg;;

My second scoop is better than the first. It appears to fit perfectly when it has been sitting out in the sun for hours. But the rear starts to lift just as soon as it gets a little cooler. In the morning the rear always has a gap now and it appears to be getting worst over time. There is something going on with the material of this scoop that causes the fitment to get worse over time in additional to temperature changes. Could be the out-gassing of the plastic is affecting its properties???

I'm so not touching this one...AutoPlay?

:ph34r:

Please don't egg him on hahah...he will only get worse !

Have you forgotten the pictures with the guy in the trunk?

Now you guys know why i won't even go through a check out line with him anymore :o Airport security...forget it..he is on his own !! :unsure:

I'm so not touching this one...AutoPlay?

:ph34r:

Can be fixed with a little Beano. :)

Out-gassing is essentially what you call "the new car smell". It's the chemicals coming out of the plastics in your interior, which eventually stops after a while. I believe these scoops are completely encased in plastic wrapping untill they are installed. I'm just guessing that it's out-gassing but something's going on?

I wonder if there is a difference in how bad the scoops are lifting on the black cars vs the white. Mine (white)has issues, but no 1/4" gaps. Just a 1/8" half way down on driver's side (also ripples, etc. and a little give in other places).

My car is white and I have a 1/4" gap on the passengers side up by the windsheild and an 1/8" on the drivers. It changes with the temps. IMO the material used isnt good for the application. It should be a reinforced material. Something that doesnt creep with temp changes.

We are all waiting. Mine is not that bad yet.

But, I have what looks like indention near the back. Maybe a back casting.

I have the same indentation on my car. That's the first thing my sister-in-law noticed when she inspected the car in the garage. It's an indentation about 4 inches from the rear. It looks like someone hit it with a ballpeen hammer on both sides and on the top. Very noticeable. Will this be part of the fix?

I was at a huge car show last night, at the Bear Mountain Inn, in NY. I was looking at several Cobra's there, and also at their scoops, (it is the same one as the SGT if i am not mistaken). These scoops appeared to be riveted on as well, and looked great. If this is the final fix that SAI does use, you guys wont be disappointed.

Amy, I dont know if this helps you determine if the scoop fix will hold up in other environments

My second scoop is better than the first. It appears to fit perfectly when it has been sitting out in the sun for hours. But the rear starts to lift just as soon as it gets a little cooler. In the morning the rear always has a gap now and it appears to be getting worst over time. There is something going on with the material of this scoop that causes the fitment to get worse over time in additional to temperature changes. Could be the out-gassing of the plastic is affecting its properties???

I have a 2007 sgt was checking it today ,just going over it and where the pony is on the front grill ,I can push my grill in a little, where as on the other side it is tight can u check your grill and get back to me at stg2587@hotmail.com thkd stg

I was at a huge car show last night, at the Bear Mountain Inn, in NY. I was looking at several Cobra's there, and also at their scoops, (it is the same one as the SGT if i am not mistaken). These scoops appeared to be riveted on as well, and looked great. If this is the final fix that SAI does use, you guys wont be disappointed.

Amy, I dont know if this helps you determine if the scoop fix will hold up in other environments

They are the same "look" but not the same scoop. The ones on the AC Cobra, if the riveted version, is actually metal NOT plastic.

I have a 2007 sgt was checking it today ,just going over it and where the pony is on the front grill ,I can push my grill in a little, where as on the other side it is tight can u check your grill and get back to me at stg2587@hotmail.com thkd stg

Mine does it on the other side. I think this is normal. If you open the hood and push on the grill you'll see what is moving. One thing that would provide more "friction" on the piece that is moving (which supports the grill) is to slightly bend the hood prop rod so that it some how restrains "moving" piece a little better when the rod is stowed.

Archived