TEAM SHELBY FORUM

cs 6 question

amyb

Guys, Gals, how many of you actually bought the stage 1 or stage 2 packages complete. I will of couse go thru the records, but I was wondering how many here.

Thanks

Amy

I have the the complete Stage 1 "Appearance package" from Hillbank minus the wheels due to production issues of the bright silver. I also don't have the graphics as last year they supposedly where not available to me until I had the appearance package (body components) complete. I do not have the "Turn 1" kit as defined in the catalog as this was not out last year when I purchased mine. Below is what I purchased my "Stage 1" kit from.

Heres the stages....briefly stated.

Stage I, Appearance Package. This includes everything that is of an appearance nature. This level is elligible to get the stripes (non-supercharged) and a letter from Shelby Performance and elliageable for the registry.

Stage II, Appearance, Suspension and Braking. This package includes the appearance and all the suspension and braking components.

Stage III "Complete Kit", this is the whole deal. At this level you have the entire kit. The performance parts ie: the supercharger and other performance parts are included at this level. There are some exclusive items you get at this level including striping that says "Supercharged", a dash plaque and a Shelby gas cap.

You may build in steps. ALL PURCHASES MUST THROUGH AND AUTHORIZED SHELBY PERFORMANCE PARTS DEALER, NO EXCEPTIONS WILL BE MADE.

I will further detail the registry rules, regulations, and application process in the next two weeks. Hope this helps.

Guys, there are 2 kits, the appearence and the complete, the complete has performance as well. Buy what you like, make the car your own. You can buy parts from Hilbank, from us and other autorized shelby dealers.

It's all about what you like, it's your car, make it what you want :)

Amy

Guys, Gals, how many of you actually bought the stage 1 or stage 2 packages complete. I will of couse go thru the records, but I was wondering how many here.

Thanks

Amy

100% Complete Stage/Turn-2 CS-6 (photo was taken prior to lower grill install). All Shelby parts installed to include graphics and Paxton supercharger. Originally purchased from Hillbank prior to Shelby offering the parts themselves. Installed by Gessford Motorworks (Shelby dealer).

100_0905.jpg

It is your car and that's the best advice, There are some options if you are on a tight budget. Turbochargers and Superchargers that are comparable and cheaper than the Paxton based on reviews from Mustangs and Fast Fords. Having personally flown aircraft with Turbochargers you might want to do some research and compare turbocharging versus supercharging so here's one example take a look: Turbonetics 05-07 Turbocharger for the Mustang. For Suspension check out: Fordracingparts handling kit. Brakes: Check out Irotors.com

http://forum.shelbyautos.com/index.php?act...&cmd=si&img=384

$299.00 for zinc dichromate slotted drilled rotors and new HD brake pads see picture provided in link

http://www.irotors.com/storefrontprofiles/...052&i=233278093

QUOTE(SAI-Amy @ Dec 25 2006, 05:24 PM)

Guys, there are 2 kits, the appearence and the complete, the complete has performance as well. Buy what you like, make the car your own. You can buy parts from Hilbank, from us and other autorized shelby dealers.

It's all about what you like, it's your car, make it what you want

Amy

Hi Amy. I've got the complete Stage 1 package. Should have the complete Stage 2 done by the end of September. Of course, the front fascia and side stripes will go back on shortly!!! All of this was purchased at Hillbank Motorsports from Jason.

Why are you gathering this information? Is there something for CS owners coming soon?

Thanks

Amy

Hi Amy:

I have a 2005 GT with the all appereance package ( stage1) bought and brakes( installation on progress). Suspention and SC planned on the next months.

Thanks

Ruben

Thanks

Amy

Sorry it took so long for my reply... I was in Afghanistan, lol. I have a "Stage 1+ CS6" I bought the whole package in July of 2006 through Hillbank. By + I mean that I have front & rear strut tower braces, Front & rear Heavy duty adjustable swaybars, heavy duty upper strut mounts, steeda bumpsteer kit, steeda x5 ball joints, steeda adjustable front swaybar end links... I'm actually going to race mine in the EMRA Series just to get started.

img1170su1.jpg

• 8 months later...

I was born a chevy girl, so I own a 71 chevelle convertible, red with black stripes....

In my new life as a Ford Girl, 52 Ford pickup , yellow of course..

2, 2006 Mustangs, one is a black convertible,One blue, coupe.

Proud Owner of a Brand new 2008 Grabber Orange Shelby GT with Glassback roof

2007 Gt500 Super Snake, Orange with FR 605 Blower

I also own a Shelby Series 1 because I think it's the best Shelby ever, just my opinion :)

I like that Amyb lol. Sooooo born a Chevy girl and you have a long mix of Fords and Shelby Fords. Then you mention lastly you have a series 1 and think its the best Shelby, the only Shelby Chevy....... I think you still are Chevy girl. Many may not like the sound of that, but how many here think a Cobra is a shelby Ford? All it had was a the drive train, the Series 1 has the Chevy drivetrain and dash, more a Shelby Chevy than a Corba is a Shelby Ford.

As far as the CS 6 goes, I think being a Shelby which to a Shelby Dodge guy means " A car that out handles everything ". The CS 6 should be the Best for the Ford group. My first car was a 6 banger 65 Mustang, my aunt had and still has a 66' 289 Mustang. My 6 banger raped it in the corners, the heavy weight made the 289 car handle horrid. My 6 just changed directions quikly and didn't plow in a corner. My self I am looking into the CS 6. The GT 500 and the like are over powered and nose heavy for a road course, the CS 6 with the higher boost must be a really nice ballenced car. Then if you want the straight line on the street it isn't like you can't up the boost to 600 HP and do pulley swaps to match your power to the different tracks. I also like the car as you can run a wideband. Run open loop and the fuel is run on a boost curve, then send the narrow band signal to the computer adjusted for over 16:1 AF. Raging mileage and your safe under a load because the boost curve sends the extra fuel. The list of course goes on for pages why the CS 6 is all pros vs cons, but I added my .02 cents on why I really like the 6 :happy feet:

Archived