TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Fumble at the 5 yard line......

mywickedshelby

The pic in my gallery is my hood from last week. It does have the riveted hood scoop. Click on the link in the post.

This is Amy's post from the "the latest hood scoop..." topic:

Hi guys I want to make sure that you know there is a problem with only one molded scoop so for those with a repeated issue we will send the fix bit we as still checking a fe things. I will not rivit every hood as most dont have an issue. And I dont want everyone with no issues to bring there car In. If you have gone to your dealer and filed on this we will update your dealer shortly

Thanks

Amy

Seems inconsistant with what you are saying, unless your car is one of the "special one molded scoop" cars.

Seems inconsistant with what you are saying, unless your car is one of the "special one molded scoop" cars.

No I don't think it is inconsistant at all. I was told that all of the cars being converted now are to have the riveted scoop. I would think that if there were many complaints, once I had an acceptable fix I would complete the remainder of the run with that fix and deal with the issues of prior cars as they arise. As far as the new molded scoops, I never asked so I don't really know.

This is totally unacceptable.

Many of us were told to wait...and this says the claim must have been filed by 8/2 ???????????????

And we are to attempt this fix at our own risk?????????????????

I don't think we have a choice..but to take other action.

Before i get too upset..I want to hear from SAI on this.

Ditto x1000

Archived