TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Here's our Competition

Nice spread sheet. Did you create that yourself?

I would be curious to see the Cadillac CTS-V in the mix.

I doubt that the 425 hp Challenger R/T will sell for only $30,000. Price should be comparable to the SRT-8 series.

A quick glance of this sheet leads me to believe that Shelby should still be working with Dodge. The Chrysler products all stack up well against the Shelby GT.

robin

I doubt that the 425 hp Challenger R/T will sell for only $30,000. Price should be comparable to the SRT-8 series.

Maybe I am just confused, but I was under the impression that the Challenger is not yet available and that the R/T badge as currently used by Dodge implied the 5.7L Hemi pumping out 350 hp (not the 6.1L 425 hp variant) with the Road/Track handling package.

Also, the test data I had seen on the 6.1L Hemi SRT-8 cars had them a bit slower from 0-60 (5.7 seconds?), with the standard 5.7L Hemi cars coming in just over 6 seconds. At the time, I was under the impression that they were all hampered by additional weight, automatics, and higher gearing.

I would find and link to the actual test results, but I'm at work now...maybe later.

According to the spreadsheet, the SGT isn't very fun or desirable.

Cherokee is a tenth of a second faster 0-60, with 420HP. Not much smokin going on.

This is according to Performance Car News. I don't know how they arrive at their opinion.

Looks suspect to me?

Also according to PCN:

The Desire Factor™ is PCN's proprietary method of ranking cars based on their overall appeal. The Desire factor is based on an average of PCN's Fun Factor™ and Luxury Rating™. Both of these metrics are calculated using an comprehensive formula that is 85% objective and 15% subjective. This metric ranges from 0-100. Higher numbers are better.

I've owned a Porsche 911 and a BMW M3 in the past, I in my opinion this Shelby GT is every bit as or more fun and desirable than those cars...at much less cost!!!

Dont' worry CrazyDave. Even though the Cherokee is "faster", "more desirable", and just as fun as a SGT; I'm keeping my order. ;)

But, can a SGT climb a mountain, or go off-road? PCN says 3994 LBS but other say it's 4819 LBS.

The best part of the SGT is that it's NOT a Chrysler. Breaking down is not desirable, or fun.

But, can a SGT climb a mountain, or go off-road? PCN says 3994 LBS but other say it's 4819 LBS.

The best part of the SGT is that it's NOT a Chrysler. Breaking down is not desirable, or fun.

AMEN-I have a buddy with that Grand Cherokee and my 300hp Expedition does respectable against it, I'm sure the SGT can handle it-it doesn't launch all that quickly.

My Expedition will hang with a GT500 also FYI--------for half of the intersection :D :D :D :P

Interesting Chart,

My Shelby is one of many semi-performance vehicles I have owned or own, I find the fun/desireable factors to be somewhat mis-leading.

In my travels in NH/Maine my car draws interest from all walks, male, female, old, young etc, so much for Desireable, must be the 15 percent subjective. As for Fun, this car is as much fun to drive as any of the vehicles I have owned or own. My former 911 Cab was fun, but required lots of attention to drive at its limits and could do funny things when attention was lacking, my former Vette(hmmmmmm), my Current Tweeked Diesel F250 is a Vette Stomper and Probally would smoke the Shelby to, love that truck.

My HD Scream'n Eagle is fast and fun, but no more or less than the Shelby, and has that same draw from folks the Shelby has. So, in short perhaps they applied more Subjectivness than they are admitting to. And it meant 85 percent Subjective and 15 Percent Second Guessing.

+1 I had a 1998 Grand Cherokee that needed a new transmission at 15K miles and went through brake rotors like mad; couldn't get rid of that vehicle fast enough.

I figure that I've put a few hundred thousand miles on various Fords (all V8s), and I can't remember my last problem with one.

+1 I had a 1998 Grand Cherokee that needed a new transmission at 15K miles and went through brake rotors like mad; couldn't get rid of that vehicle fast enough.

Grand Cherokees were always the prima donna, high maintenence bi*ches of the Jeep world. The regular Cherokee was like a mini tank with 6 Energizer bunnies under the hood that kept going and going and going and going and going......

........so Chrysler stops making them and substitutes the Liberty *gag*.

I had an 86 Cherokee with over 256,000 miles on it when I got rid of it. The wife HATED that Jeep because, well it was a true Jeep and looked like it. :lol:

My 2KXJ had about 140,000 trouble free miles but I hated the cramped up 4 doors. Made my knees hurt.

I'm sure glad I have that .10th of a second advantage over a stock GT....bleh... <_<

That just shows what a bang for the buck a GT is. Price why must Shelby's are loaded with options @$39000 i doubt you could come under $ 48000 for a loaded BMW 335i. I have not seen a 2008 G37 0-60 @ 4.9more like 5.2 This car also lacks the seat of the pants fun factor, cause you have to keep the rev's way up to have any fun.

Grand Cherokees were always the prima donna, high maintenence bi*ches of the Jeep world. The regular Cherokee was like a mini tank with 6 Energizer bunnies under the hood that kept going and going and going and going and going......

........so Chrysler stops making them and substitutes the Liberty *gag*.

I had an 86 Cherokee with over 256,000 miles on it when I got rid of it. The wife HATED that Jeep because, well it was a true Jeep and looked like it. :lol:

My 2KXJ had about 140,000 trouble free miles but I hated the cramped up 4 doors. Made my knees hurt.

Since you like the Liberty so much, you must LOVE the Compass. :lol:

I will admit, my family had 1976 and then 1978 Grand Wagoneers, and they were great vehicles. We then got a Cherokee the first year the new ones came out (1984), and it was a bigger piece of cr@p than my 1998 Grand Cherokee. It took my father 10 years before he'd buy another Jeep product (1994 Cherokee Country for my mom), and my parents have had at least one Jeep product at all times since then. My luck with them, however, has not been so good...

...my bad; got a little off topic. I wouldn't mind having an SRT Grand Cherokee parked next to my SGT, but I can do more with my F150 SCrew 5.4, and so long as my wife insists on keeping horses, there'll be a truck in the family. Besides, I've spent too much on the stereo to get rid of it now...

Archived