fellow crew member got to spend more time with him in the V.I.P. tent

where he signed more stuff for me. Now I told him I had a CS8 and

that I was pretty happy with the outcome. He asked how did it take me

to finish the project and I told him 4 months. Now, I asked about

dash plaques for CS6/8 and unfortunately only manufactured/modified

Mustangs GT-H, Shelby GT, GT500KR, (GT500 mfg by Ford, but can pay

additional fee to get a dash plaque and door sill plates from Shelby

Performance Parts.-Registered, but dash plaque will show VIN#)I asked

if SAI would consider a CS6/8 dash plaque with our VIN# with no CSM#.

He said that we should take that up with Amy at SAI. But he wouldn't

be against it. As long as the CS6/8 dash plaques did not indicate

CSM#'s or the the phrase manufactured by SAI in Las Vegas and would

not be eligible for registry. So I think if the Shelby Performance

Parts (SPP) decided to market a dash plaque for us CS6/8

builders/owners, it should say Shelby with our VIN# and should state

enthusiast build or Turn 1, or Stage 1 or Turn 2, or again Stage 2 or

nothing for that matter but the registry would be out of the

question. But then there is a couple of you who had your Shelby CS6/8

built by a Shelby authorized dealer, are those cars eligible? Now

that is a question I did not ask Carroll.

So, I think SAI should make available dash plaques for us CS6/8

owners and make available thru SPP and have them charge us lets say

$375.00 and include door sill plates that have the Shelby logo

engraved in them. What do you guys think? Amy whats your take on this new development? -FB

Oh and be sure to goto the SHELBYMUSTANGS yahoo group for pics of the GT500KR and me and Carroll.

Hey gang, I had an opportunity to meet up with Carroll Shelby at the

EAA Airventure. He was signing some items at the show and me and a

fellow crew member got to spend more time with him in the V.I.P. tent

where he signed more stuff for me. Now I told him I had a CS8 and

that I was pretty happy with the outcome. He asked how did it take me

to finish the project and I told him 4 months. Now, I asked about

dash plaques for CS6/8 and unfortunately only manufactured/modified

Mustangs GT-H, Shelby GT, GT500KR, (GT500 mfg by Ford, but can pay

additional fee to get a dash plaque and door sill plates from Shelby

Performance Parts.-Registered, but dash plaque will show VIN#)I asked

if SAI would consider a CS6/8 dash plaque with our VIN# with no CSM#.

He said that we should take that up with Amy at SAI. But he wouldn't

be against it. As long as the CS6/8 dash plaques did not indicate

CSM#'s or the the phrase manufactured by SAI in Las Vegas and would

not be eligible for registry. So I think if the Shelby Performance

Parts (SPP) decided to market a dash plaque for us CS6/8

builders/owners, it should say Shelby with our VIN# and should state

enthusiast build or Turn 1, or Stage 1 or Turn 2, or again Stage 2 or

nothing for that matter but the registry would be out of the

question. But then there is a couple of you who had your Shelby CS6/8

built by a Shelby authorized dealer, are those cars eligible? Now

that is a question I did not ask Carroll.

So, I think SAI should make available dash plaques for us CS6/8

owners and make available thru SPP and have them charge us lets say

$375.00 and include door sill plates that have the Shelby logo

engraved in them. What do you guys think? Amy whats your take on this new development? -FB

I think you have a good idea.

However, the door sill plates are available to anyone for $100. See: http://www.shelbyperformanceparts.com/ShowItem/100451.aspx

I think you have a good idea.

However, the door sill plates are available to anyone for $100. See: http://www.shelbyperformanceparts.com/ShowItem/100451.aspx

Yep. I was aware of the $100.00 price tag of the door sills. But for a ligit dash plaque with my VIN & Shelby signature and door sills I would drop some money for that.

Yep. I was aware of the $100.00 price tag of the door sills. But for a ligit dash plaque with my VIN & Shelby signature and door sills I would drop some money for that.

It's a good idea but let me play devil's advocate. If they decided to do this and followed the "Turn-1" or "Turn-2" as listed in the catalog, that would leave quite a few that purchased the parts last year not eligible. Remember, last year it was a "Stage 1, 2, and 3" which is what a lot of us purchased under.

This is a good idea though.

It's a good idea but let me play devil's advocate. If they decided to do this and followed the "Turn-1" or "Turn-2" as listed in the catalog, that would leave quite a few that purchased the parts last year not eligible. Remember, last year it was a "Stage 1, 2, and 3" which is what a lot of us purchased under.

This is a good idea though.

Yeah, But if they were to grandfather some owners (Stage 1,2,3) and then change the description of the models for newer owners i.e. (Turn 1,2,3) It would only create classification/identity issues. I say SAI start a clean slate for all owners and create a simple Dash plaque with your VIN, the Carroll Shelby Company logo, and his trademark signature. If SAI was to include a classification/identity to the dash Plaque then I say, Go for it. But to me if they left the classification/identity off the Dash Plaque I think we could see this idea become reality. KISS ( keep it simple stupid) That's an old Military saying. I am not implying your dumb. B) I hope SAI takes this topic to heart. Again what I'm saying is, I really rather not have a Turn 1 or Stage 2 classification on the Dash Plaque at all. Lets just get the Dash Plaque made for us CS6/8 owners and lets put this issue to bed. If SAI was to make it happen, It would be, I think within their best interest for profitability (SAI can dictate the price) and CS6/8 owner satisfaction(no more disenchanted CS6/8 owners) and not hurt the integrity of the Shelby name. (It wont piss off the true Shelby owners) After all now, these cars wont be on the registry and its just a Dash Plaque with our VIN with no CSM# or "Manufacture By"SAI. C'mon Amy grab the brass ring! :lol:

Yeah, But if they were to grandfather some owners (Stage 1,2,3) and then change the description of the models for newer owners i.e. (Turn 1,2,3) It would only create classification/identity issues. I say SAI start a clean slate for all owners and create a simple Dash plaque with your VIN, the Carroll Shelby Company logo, and his trademark signature. If SAI was to include a classification/identity to the dash Plaque then I say, Go for it. But to me if they left the classification/identity off the Dash Plaque I think we could see this idea become reality. KISS ( keep it simple stupid) That's an old Military saying. I am not implying your dumb. B) I hope SAI takes this topic to heart. Again what I'm saying is, I really rather not have a Turn 1 or Stage 2 classification on the Dash Plaque at all. Lets just get the Dash Plaque made for us CS6/8 owners and lets put this issue to bed. If SAI was to make it happen, It would be, I think within their best interest for profitability (SAI can dictate the price) and CS6/8 owner satisfaction(no more disenchanted CS6/8 owners) and not hurt the integrity of the Shelby name. (It wont piss off the true Shelby owners) After all now, these cars wont be on the registry and its just a Dash Plaque with our VIN with no CSM# or "Manufacture By"SAI. C'mon Amy grab the brass ring! :lol:

This could be made even simpler if the VIN# can't be done. Develop an official logo for CS6 and CS8 (trademarked by SAI for the kit) and put that along with Carroll's signature of it. That should be easy and could be sold outside the kit's as well. Add it to the body kit sales as if it where a badge for it. If I am not mistaken most of the parts to these packages are built by other companies already, JBA exhaust, Xeon side scoops, and so forth with only the Hood, Fascia, grill, pins, and hood insert being done by SAI.

On another note your last comment "C'mon Amy grab the brass ring!" I got this visual of Amy reaching for a ring saying "my precious". LOL

Archived