TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Question on prices

BucPower

First of all, hi everyone I'm new to the board. I'm wanting to purchase an SGT and my local Ford dealership has a white one with the manual tranny and the shaker 1000 sound system. I've been wanting one REALLY bad for a while now, but he is asking bottom line $41,540. My question is, should I try to get this price down or accept it for what it is? When I go back I will try to see if that's the best they can do, but I've seen (ebay prices) some as low as 39K. Thoughts?

First of all, hi everyone I'm new to the board. I'm wanting to purchase an SGT and my local Ford dealership has a white one with the manual tranny and the shaker 1000. I've been wanting one REALLY bad for a while now, but he is asking bottom line $41,540. My question is, should I try to get this price down or accept it for what it is. When I go back I will try to see if that's the best they can do, but I seen (ebay prices) as low as 39K. Thoughts?

You should be able to purchase one close to invoice. Talk to Michael Morris on this forum, he may be able to help you out.

First of all, hi everyone I'm new to the board. I'm wanting to purchase an SGT and my local Ford dealership has a white one with the manual tranny and the shaker 1000 sound system. I've been wanting one REALLY bad for a while now, but he is asking bottom line $41,540. My question is, should I try to get this price down or accept it for what it is? When I go back I will try to see if that's the best they can do, but I've seen (ebay prices) some as low as 39K. Thoughts?

I have noticed that many e bay cars are lacking upgrade pkg and/or are oddball cars. You can't get white next year-don't miss out.

The Shelby upgrade is about $7,830 or was it $7,380. Plus a $1000 gas guzzler tax. So add these 2 numbers to the MSRP of the mustang GT and you have the Shelby GT MSRP.

One thousand over isn't too bad if it has an interior upgrade in the figure you mentioned.

Best of luck.

Yes it had the interior upgrade package. GT sticker price was 32K and some change. So I'm guessing with the shelby package and GG tax you tack on almost 9K putting it right at what I was quoted, 41540. This is a truely awesome care and I've never wanted a mustang worse than this one, but I wanted to make sure I'm not having my "wants" taken advantage of. I can get a black one upstate (GA) for 39995 but I'd rather have a white one. At any rate, I hope to come back here real soon with some good news.

Buc

IMO I don't think paying sticker +/- is a bad deal on these cars. I paid JUST under sticker for mine and feel like I got a GREAT deal. Once in a lifetime opertunity the way I look at it, so be sure to get what you want! Best of luck and hope you are happy with whatever you decide. :)

The Shelby upgrade is about $7,830 or was it $7,380. Plus a $1000 gas guzzler tax. So add these 2 numbers to the MSRP of the mustang GT and you have the Shelby GT MSRP.

One thousand over isn't too bad if it has an interior upgrade in the figure you mentioned.

Best of luck.

The $8390 is actually not a MSRP price. It is the invoice price to the dealers for the package (including GGT). That is why many of them have taken off the Shelby sticker on the early cars and the later cars now only show the Gas Guzzler Tax. The MSRP is $9500(including GGT) on the Shelby package for the 2008 coupes.

Sounds about right for MSRP on that car. IF it has the IUP, and maybe the Active Theft, there about. Just add the Ford Sticker and $8380 if you're unsure. Couple of things on the ebay cars, many are Deluxe and not Premium GT's, so you get funky rubber steering-wheels, or they are missing the Interior Upgrade Package, or have the less expensive Shaker 500. If you don't care about these options then go for a cheaper version. The car you saw also has the plus on this is it's local and he has it in stock vs. having it shipped or waiting weeks.

Good luck!

That is true Matt, the car being local is a plus. I'm not so sure I'm going to go with this one though. (especially after talking to MMorris) because:

1) the interior is tan (ack)

2) it has satelite radio. this is a con becuase it dont' like the "lump" on the trunk lid

3) it does not have the security option. (anti theft)

4) MMorris can save me about 500 bucks or so.

on top of all this MMorris is only a couple hours north of me, and its worth the drive for what I want. right???

Sounds about right for MSRP on that car. IF it has the IUP, and maybe the Active Theft, there about. Just add the Ford Sticker and $8380 if you're unsure. Couple of things on the ebay cars, many are Deluxe and not Premium GT's, so you get funky rubber steering-wheels, or they are missing the Interior Upgrade Package, or have the less expensive Shaker 1000. If you don't care about these options then go for a cheaper version. The car you saw also has the plus on this is it's local and he has it in stock vs. having it shipped or waiting weeks.

Good luck!

My sgt did not have the interior upgrade or the leather steering wheel. However I purchased some stuff to add to the interior in chrome which I like better than satin. Personally I think all these cars should have come through with IUP packages. That is one reason I ordered my GT500 with all options except the bug on the trunk. I also asked my dealer about putting a leather steering wheel on and he never called me back. That is why I bought my GT500 elsewhere.

That is true Matt, the car being local is a plus. I'm not so sure I'm going to go with this one though. (especially after talking to MMorris) because:

2) it has satelite radio. this is a con becuase it dont' like the "lump" on the trunk lid

on top of all this MMorris is only a couple hours north of me, and its worth the drive for what I want. right???

OMG! The infamous tan interior! RUN AWAY!!!!!!! :o

I bid on my SGT on Ebay. I was high bidder when auction ended but reserve was not met.

I was able to make a deal though, $100 over cost. Yes, just over cost. $38,300.

My car is no odd-ball. It's exactly what I was looking for. With a little work and a little patience, you

can find your SGT too. There are a bunch of them listed. Pick one out and start the bidding. Talk to the

seller. They may just be agreeable like my dealer in Houston.

PS- There is a $1000 hold back on this car. Don't feel too sad for the dealer.

welcome to the board and thanks for the call, i will call around noon monday and tell you where the car is.

thanks again

michael morris

welcome to the board and thanks for the call, i will call around noon monday and tell you where the car is.

thanks again

michael morris

Is that the one with curb feelers Michael??? :D :P Just kidding !!!

Welcome to the boards Buc !

Sue

Archived