TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Antenna

The antenna on these cars has got to be the worst detail of the exterior. Big, tall, black annoying thing. I put a short billet antenna on and it looks so much better. Ford should have put a telescoping one on it anyway.

That is one of the first mods I will do! On my 04 Cobra it was very easy. If the antenna length was 14" in total length you achieved a singnal close to the full length. Don't ask me how, some wizzard figured that out on another forum.

I removed the antenna. Took a small propane torch and heated the ball on the end and popped it off with a pair of pliers. That thing was hot...........I took a dremel and cut the antenna to 14". Ground the tip of the shaft down to fit the ball end.........it was larger in diameter the further down the shaft you went. Heated the ball again while holding with pliers and placed the ball back on the tip. Had a cup of cold water handy to cool the tip. Then scuffed it up with a scotch brite pad and painted with Krylon semi-flat black. Could not tell. Looked factory. And I had a spare factory antenna in the trunk.

I ended up doing about 2 doz. for friends. Should have charged them. :lol::lol::lol:

The antenna on these cars has got to be the worst detail of the exterior. Big, tall, black annoying thing. I put a short billet antenna on and it looks so much better. Ford should have put a telescoping one on it anyway.

I went with the 8". No problems with reception. Looks great!

Archived