TEAM SHELBY FORUM

My 08 has been serialized!

AFBLUE

:)

From what I've seen, it's another 1-2 months between serialization and purchase date on the mustangs. So in this case it would mean 1-2 months before my car shows up at Shelby Autos. I read that they aren't going to start building 08 SGTs until Sep so hopefully mine will be one of the first.

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From what I've seen, it's another 1-2 months between serialization and purchase date on the mustangs. So in this case it would mean 1-2 months before my car shows up at Shelby Autos. I read that they aren't going to start building 08 SGTs until Sep so hopefully mine will be one of the first.

Well good luck! I hope you don't have to wait like a lot of others on here.

Pix from the past. For some reason they remind me of an 08 SGT. ;)

1966-shelby-gt350.jpg

1966-shelby-gt350-blue2.jpg

After posting these pix, I think satin finish door handles might be a nice addition. Scroll 1/3 the way down.

http://www.partscheap.com/scottdrake05.htm

Outside Door Handle Trim, Aluminum (Pair)

Made with Stamped Aluminum with lined Satin Finish

Cover up those boring stock door handles with aluminum door handle cover. Adhesive mounted

Awesome!

I know how much you really wanted this color and I'm glad for that it's happening!

Hey...did you order the "mood" lighting?

:D

I did order ambient lighting and HIDs on my 08 Mustang GT order, but I left both of these off when I ordered the 08 SGT. Needed some more dough to help pay the difference. Both were "nice to have" items but not necessary.

well i guess you got my message. didnt know if you had came back to work. still working on the dora for you. having a problem finding it. think it gone thrown away. calling region tomorrow to see if she can help me retrieve it.

thanks

michael morris

Got your message but had a hard time understanding one of the alphanumerics. Played it back a few times and couldn't make it out.

Congrats AFblue it won't be long now. I think they have gotten through the learning curve and since your car is basically stock that will enable the production process. Stock is just fine, for now. Take it back in the fall, it will take only 3 days, and you can have a re-labeled car GT/SC and all the HP you can handle, that is what we are doing!

Nothing better than handling, torque and HP to get your blood flowing.

Again congrats on your new pony, hope you get it quick and get car#0001.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm getting tired of seeing this message

Shelby GT VIN Search

Sorry, no vehicles with VIN Number 1ZVHT82H285114072 have been entered into our system as of 8/3/2007 12:12:44 PM.

So when does a vin# typically show up in their system? When the car is built at Ford, enroute to SAI, once it arrives at SAI, or other?

When it is finished & goes to the railyard in Michigan is when it first appears as "enroute to Shelby".

If a train just left, it sits for a while waiting for a load to accumulate, if they nearly have a load ready to go, it might only be there a couple of days, this will have a big impact on how long it "takes" to arrive in Vegas once you see it as "enroute".

But then my experiences are from months ago, and now they have a genie that just blinks them to Vegas! :lol:

Michael make sure you send Mark's car on a cross country treck. Make soure you hit NH and Maine as the foliage is nice this time of year. he is in no hurry and wont mind waiting 3 more months. ;)

Michael Morris informed me today that my car is now built. Estimate arrival at SAI by the end of the month.

Thats what he is saying? And you BELIEVE him?!!!!! GEEEEZZZZ Hey, I got some swamp land out here for sale B) LMAO!!!!!!

Bud

Thats what he is saying? And you BELIEVE him?!!!!! GEEEEZZZZ Hey, I got some swamp land out here for sale B) LMAO!!!!!!

Bud

Bud, go back to work. just because you are thru with Adam doesnt mean you get ANOTHER vaction. i will make sure Roger starts calling you EVERYDAY. im giving him you HOME number so that he can call when he gets up. that about 4am your time. :lol:

havent talked with you all week hope everything is going good (not really just want the guys on here to think i like you :lol: )

michael morris

PS i dont really have his home number, he dont trust me with his wife being there now. you know us car salesmen. cheaters and liars.

Update: Still showing awating shipping to SAI as of 27 Aug.

Against my better judgement, I'm going to send my car to the mod shop. They have some new mods they are doing and I just couldn't resist. I'm getting the first ever 5.4L engine installed. It's the GT 500 engine without the supercharger. According to SAI, it should get around 350hp at the crank. Also am getting "G.T. 350" side stripes installed. It will be one of a kind.

Ok, I just woke up from a dream. I'm just getting the the lower grille with driving lights ;) John Walker assures me it should be a quick turn around.

She's on her way to SAI!

From the Shelby site VIN# checker:

VIN: 1ZVHT82H285114072

Vehicle: 2008 Ford Mustang Coupe 5speed

Color:

Nice. I know we joked about this but I'll bet you get your car before I get mine! <_<

After reading mywickedshelby's post again (#11), I may have jumped the gun as "enroute to Shelby autos" appears when it's awaiting shipping. Well at least it's showing up in the Shelby computer system now.

Roger, do you have an ETA?

after talking to Bud yesterday, we think Rogers car should be ready in late september.........2009

michael morris

Awaiting Shipment, Released, Autoalliance International Inc, MI Aug-20-2007 Sep-04-2007

Awaiting Shipment, Origin Received - H53 (Autoport Limited ) Ramp 5P, Flat Rock, MI Aug-18-2007, 22:25 ET Sep-04-2007

In Production, Produced, Autoalliance International Inc, MI Aug-15-2007 Sep-04-2007

In Production, Trim Line, Autoalliance International Inc, MI Aug-14-2007 Sep-04-2007

In Production, Sent to Plant ,Autoalliance International Inc, MI Aug-06-2007 Sep-04-2007

In Order Processing Scheduled to Day (Aug-03-2007) Autoalliance International Inc, MI Aug-03-2007 Sep-04-2007

In Order Processing Scheduled to Week (Week -of Aug-13-2007) Autoalliance International Inc, MI Aug-03-2007

In Order Processing Scheduled to Day (Aug-03-2007) Autoalliance International Inc, MI Aug-02-2007 Sep-04-2007

In Order Processing Scheduled to Week (Week -of Aug-13-2007) Autoalliance International Inc, MI Jul-20-2007

In Order Processing Scheduled to Day (Aug-03-2007) Autoalliance International Inc, MI Jul-19-2007 Sep-04-2007

In Order Processing Scheduled to Week (Week -of Aug-13-2007) Autoalliance International Inc, MI Jul-16-2007

In Order Processing Unscheduled- Clean Autoalliance International Inc, MI Jun-26-2007

dont think Ford will let me post link, but here is all the info on your car up until today. does show that it has been released and looks like its on the way to SAI. the last date is the ETA of the car which is 9-4-07

michael morris

after talking to Bud yesterday, we think Rogers car should be ready in late september.........2009

michael morris

Nice.............2009! :o :blink: :lol::lol:

Roger, do you have an ETA?

Hoping the end of September.....................07! Michael?

Bud

Bud, there is no swamp land in Vegas, not even a muddy puddle....lol

Blue, I will talk to John, but there are 200+ orange being done first, since they arrived first. Yours will be fast...before 09 that Michael said ;)

Amy

Archived