TEAM SHELBY FORUM

How many miles on your SGT

Crucible

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ordered the car in March of 07 and it arrived 9/11/07. Since it is a summer car in a northern state and it never gets to go out in the rain it currently only has about 4,100 on it. However, it just arrived home with a Wipple 550 perched on top the 4.6L so it probably will see some more miles this summer. Man, that thing is a beast.

Ordered the car in March of 07 and it arrived 9/11/07. Since it is a summer car in a northern state and it never gets to go out in the rain it currently only has about 4,100 on it. However, it just arrived home with a Wipple 550 perched on top the 4.6L so it probably will see some more miles this summer. Man, that thing is a beast.

The SC sounds awesome. Glad to hear you got one. Can't wait for mine.

07H066 had 57k put on by renters, and I've put 700 on since 2/17. I'm still tyring to figure out how, it sure doesn't seem like I've driven that far so soon. The miles are so fun they're flying by so fast I can't keep track!

Don't let the renters drive it more than you. Have fun & enjoy.

13,5xx mi. and counting. If I didn't have my 3rd car it would be 24k+ but I now realize I should drive it every chance I get. I hit a deer back in Nov. It took several months to get it back to me. I have it now and will drive it every chance I get. You just never know what will happen tomorrow. Enjoy it while you can.

• 1 month later...

For some of us (me) my Shelby GT is a weekend toy, so it is not my primary or daily driver. I have other cars that I drive to work. This does not mean I enjoy it any less than you or anyone else. This is the best and most fun Mustang I have ever owned and I have had owned multiple Mustangs all the way from 1965 to 2007. My dad and I used to have two 1970 Boss 302's and when he drove my Shelby, he said it felt just like the Boss yet more refined, and the Boss was a load of fun!

SGT3834 has 47,748 as of this moment. What in world are you guys waiting for ? Why buy one & not drive it ???? It's like having Angolina as a bedmate & saving her for later !! Look at the plethoria of GT 500's for sale. Invest your money somewhere else if that's the goal, but hoot & hollar while you have the chance. I guarantee you'll wake up dead one day. These cars are mean to be driven and enjoyed by owners & spectators alike. I waited 40 years to get my first (and last) Shelby. It's mine. It's not for sale . I have my dream car. I would not swap even for a GT500. It's loud, Black, 5 speed, spoilered, louvered, lovely. I drive it accordingly and at every opportunity.

John Gentile 07 #3550

I beleive you guys are missing the point. I bought my car with 4800 miles. Now 8000+ What a driver Drove it out from Greer, SC. to Antioch, Ca. 2600+ miles. No special add ons just stock Black w/silver strips. Looks Mean & Nasty and drives that way. Plan to put many miles on it while in Ca. I will drive it back to SC in August. Goes fast corners great I enjoy 1st, 2nd & 3rd gear very much gets up to speed in a hurry very fun. This IS NOT going to be a garage queen. I will and do drive it as fast as I can.

SGT3834 has 47,748 as of this moment. What in world are you guys waiting for ? Why buy one & not drive it ???? It's like having Angolina as a bedmate & saving her for later !! Look at the plethoria of GT 500's for sale. Invest your money somewhere else if that's the goal, but hoot & hollar while you have the chance. I guarantee you'll wake up dead one day. These cars are mean to be driven and enjoyed by owners & spectators alike. I waited 40 years to get my first (and last) Shelby. It's mine. It's not for sale . I have my dream car. I would not swap even for a GT500. It's loud, Black, 5 speed, spoilered, louvered, lovely. I drive it accordingly and at every opportunity.

Actually, I have Angolina whenever I feel like it and sometimes I prefer a Colleen. :dance::) I waited 40 years as well for my first Shelby and have had a number of other Mutstangs during that time inlcuding BOSS 302's and an 86 SVO. I am not waiting on anything or anyone, just enjoying my Shelby the way I want to. Everytime I do drive her, it is like a brand new car! As with your car, this is my car and I enjoy it as much as you do, just in a different way. But as with you, this is my dream car and for now she will be pampered and taken to shows and weekend runs on nice Sunny days. I do add mods to her; most are cosmetic but I have just started on the brakes and next are some engine mods. I am hoping that Paxton will get their SC CARB certified again so I can have Shelby install it and get my SC stripe. I am sure that one day I will decide to drive her differently, maybe more of a daily or track car or????. GT500s are a dime a dozen but there is only one 07SGT4478 and it cannot be reproduced, it is mine! Never to be sold but kept for the enjoyment that I get from her! I might buy a GT500 for a daily.....

07SGT2591 -----> 2675 miles.

I have many cars in my collection and honestly I don't have time to drive them all,

but I do drive my SGT every chance I get! For instance, I have a 1995 Cobra vert

with only 202 miles. It still smells new and GOD I love that!

The SGT may never get 5k miles on it but I never plan on selling it anyway so what

does it matter and who does it hurt?

I know oneday if one of my boys or my future grand kids decide to sell it, they will be

glad its not a high milage car!

Kevin

07SGT2591

2,675 miles (on this engine anyway!) :lol:

That's awesome that you've put more on the second engine than some have on their car total! are you still limited to 5k rpms or whatever? i need to catch up on your build thread again!

That's awesome that you've put more on the second engine than some have on their car total! are you still limited to 5k rpms or whatever? i need to catch up on your build thread again!

Yeah man I'm still limited to 5K - I've been traveling lately, but I'm scheduled to get it back on the dyno next week with the new MAF and meth injection installed. I'll be setting my redline at 7K and going for broke this time around. :shift:

Archived