TEAM SHELBY FORUM

How many miles on your SGT

Crucible

I put 1800 miles in the first 6 days driving from Las Vegas to Seattle Washington. Running a 100-120mph through that desert from Vegas to Tahoe...was priceless. I currently have 2500 miles on it...but boy do I miss the open roads of the desert.

BergShelby, I am not sure if this is you, but if is you I took pictures of you, your wife and your car on the day you pickup your Shelby and it was your car that change my mind on installing the gauges on my...For some of you that still thinking about these gauges, yes they are not perfect as some (including me) expect ,but they give the interior a Shelby touch.

Like many in this forum, I am still waiting and make me sick to think that my Shelby is "cooking" in Vegas. However, I am confident that John, Bud and all the people that work there are doing their best to get our cars ready as soon as possible.

Bruno

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BergShelby, I am not sure if this is you, but if is you I took pictures of you, your wife and your car on the day you pickup your Shelby and it was your car that change my mind on installing the gauges on my...For some of you that still thinking about these gauges, yes they are not perfect as some (including me) expect ,but they give the interior a Shelby touch.

Like many in this forum, I am still waiting and make me sick to think that my Shelby is "cooking" in Vegas. However, I am confident that John, Bud and all the people that work there are doing their best to get our cars ready as soon as possible.

Bruno

Yes it was me Bruno. Sorry you are still waiting :( I can't agree more about the gauge package. Very happy with it. It was expensive and it did add to the wait for the car but I love how the gauges come to life when I turn the key. It really sets the interior car apart from a regular GT.

I also have to say how impress I was with everyone at SAI in how they made the museum pickup a very special experience. A short visit with them and you quickly see their love for what they are doing and their concern to make the best experience for their customers that is fair to all their customers. It's weird but I really felt a sense of family and saw the pride they take in each SGT...they don't think of it as just a car and a buyer. It's much more than that. It sometimes makes me sick to see the complaining on this forum. Because I really feel it's the love of the cars and concern for their customers that can get them in trouble. They try to please everyone and you just can't please everyone. Shelby buyers can be equally passion but they just don't seem to be aware of how much work in flowing through such a small shop. A shop that hasn't produce this many cars in such a short time in I don't know in how many years. Trying to push out all these cars while trying to please others with adjustments in the rear cap, grill bracket, and S/C stripe to list just a few.

I know you know this Bruno but for others that are waiting, it may seem like you are waiting a lifetime, but this is a very special car, made by a very special company, and for many of us, it's a once in a lifetime kind of event. I had three people come over to me in the last week to comment on car. One was a frail looking African-American man that looked to be ninety-five years old. He was on the side walk waiting for a bus. I pulled up and stopped in traffic right in front of him. He got up. Leaned in front of my car to check out front...he almost fell in front of the car before he righted himself and then he said...d*#%...that is one wicked ride...and he then started to shake his head....d$#* that's sweet! The funny thing is....it's the same thing I say every time I see it...thanks SAI.

Yes it was me Bruno. Sorry you are still waiting :( I can't agree more about the gauge package. Very happy with it. It was expensive and it did add to the wait for the car but I love how the gauges come to life when I turn the key. It really sets the interior car apart from a regular GT.

I also have to say how impress I was with everyone at SAI in how they made the museum pickup a very special experience. A short visit with them and you quickly see their love for what they are doing and their concern to make the best experience for their customers that is fair to all their customers. It's weird but I really felt a sense of family and saw the pride they take in each SGT...they don't think of it as just a car and a buyer. It's much more than that. It sometimes makes me sick to see the complaining on this forum. Because I really feel it's the love of the cars and concern for their customers that can get them in trouble. They try to please everyone and you just can't please everyone. Shelby buyers can be equally passion but they just don't seem to be aware of how much work in flowing through such a small shop. A shop that hasn't produce this many cars in such a short time in I don't know in how many years. Trying to push out all these cars while trying to please others with adjustments in the rear cap, grill bracket, and S/C stripe to list just a few.

I know you know this Bruno but for others that are waiting, it may seem like you are waiting a lifetime, but this is a very special car, made by a very special company, and for many of us, it's a once in a lifetime kind of event. I had three people come over to me in the last week to comment on car. One was a frail looking African-American man that looked to be ninety-five years old. He was on the side walk waiting for a bus. I pulled up and stopped in traffic right in front of him. He got up. Leaned in front of my car to check out front...he almost fell in front of the car before he righted himself and then he said...d*#%...that is one wicked ride...and he then started to shake his head....d$#* that's sweet! The funny thing is....it's the same thing I say every time I see it...thanks SAI.

Berg, I cannot agree more about SAI treatment and the comments you made above. That day I felt and I was treated by John, as a VIP at Shelby. Not only I got to drive my car, but I got to meet some of the people that work and were working on my car specifically the technicians that placed the front lights and lower grill (I was there while they were installing it) and shake the hand of the guy that placed the major package on my car. It was my pleasure to meet them; they were all very friendly people. Being a technician myself they treated me as I used treat my customers and I felt that pure connection. Your are correct the waiting seems a lifetime, but we will have a lifetime of memories.

The other experience is to be part of this forum and some others that has made and making the waiting an interesting experience. The creation of these kind of forums, the INPUTS in these forums.The reborn of the Mustang-Shelby, the excitements of thinking that you were going to get a GT500 and then the sad realization that you could not afford it because someone else had the money to pay more than you were... The sadness of many greedy Ford dealers. The surprise birth of the SGT, not to mention the various Shelby GT500 packages and the KR-SS, the growing pain of Shelby and the long and agonizing waiting; what a journey! And, it is not over yet, in a way I do not want to be over anyway... Still waiting for more mods (supercharge and other minor mods).

I am happy that you are enjoying your Shelby and I am looking forward to the day that we will meet again...

I checked ... after 2.5 mos. of ownership, I am still at 842...I know, that's pitiful....sorry guys! I told my wife that we're going to drive it some this weekend...plus there is a car show saturday night that I might enter.

Still waiting for more mods (supercharge and other minor mods).

You are going to have one sweet ride with the S/C. I thought about it but it stretched my wallet a little thin and I just couldn't wait any longer. But I don't know now...I may add it later but I think you are making the right choice to wait to get it the way you really want it.

Hey, I do have favor to ask. I'm making a scrap book of my Shelby trip and I'm missing a few pics. Could you take a picture of the signature wall when you pick up your car? I was so excited I forgot to ask if I could snap pictures. My "BergShelby" is there and I would like to have yours. Heck I would love to add a pic of you and your car as well. It's all about the memories.

You are going to have one sweet ride with the S/C. I thought about it but it stretched my wallet a little thin and I just couldn't wait any longer. But I don't know now...I may add it later but I think you are making the right choice to wait to get it the way you really want it.

Hey, I do have favor to ask. I'm making a scrap book of my Shelby trip and I'm missing a few pics. Could you take a picture of the signature wall when you pick up your car? I was so excited I forgot to ask if I could snap pictures. My "BergShelby" is there and I would like to have yours. Heck I would love to add a pic of you and your car as well. It's all about the memories.

I hope I will remember... and if I do, I will certainly take it.

2600 miles on #446

Being gentle, but having fun.

3443 now has a little over 500 on him. Some things I've learned so far.

a. Car is scary fast.

b. Car does not want to be pampered.

c. Young girls, old girls, they all think it's cute.

d. Every regular Mustang GT owner that sees it, is jealous.

What is the official breakin mileage?

LOL :)

Amen to all that!!!!!

Break in? whats that? Drive it like you stole it! :)

Acutualy, I waited till after about 500 so i could put some miles on the clutch but, after that, YEEE HAW!!! :lol:

Number 3501 is 28 days old and has 1981 miles. Too tmuch fun o leave in the garage. Bought with 20 miles on the clock and drover 350 miles home from the dealership..

White, Shelby Razor 20" Gunmetal gray, grill insert.

We just broke 100 miles tonight. only 200 long miles to go, and then we will kick it up a notch bam a couple notches. Sherri appears to be quite popular with my sons friends, not to many times 17 year old boys want to go have their mom drive them around. Sherri took my son and his buddy to get gas, to see the *%#$ eatin' grins on their faces was worth the price of admission. i think we're creating a whole new generation of Shelby fans. I cant wait to see what they'll do when the 300 mile mark passes. haha :o

Dave C.

We just broke 100 miles tonight. only 200 long miles to go, and then we will kick it up a notch bam a couple notches. Sherri appears to be quite popular with my sons friends, not to many times 17 year old boys want to go have their mom drive them around. Sherri took my son and his buddy to get gas, to see the *%#$ eatin' grins on their faces was worth the price of admission. i think we're creating a whole new generation of Shelby fans. I cant wait to see what they'll do when the 300 mile mark passes. haha :o

Dave C.

hahaha....I can relate to that...the neighbors have teen age boys..and their friends see me out in the drive washing the car and say..." Is that YOURS ?" with emphasis on YOURS !!! I say of course....do you think I would be washing my kids car???? :D :P

hahaha....I can relate to that...the neighbors have teen age boys..and their friends see me out in the drive washing the car and say..." Is that YOURS ?" with emphasis on YOURS !!! I say of course....do you think I would be washing my kids car???? :D :P

5900 And loving every bit of it!!

Speaking of neighbors. Only one of mine has said anything. All he said was, "I like your new toy!".

Toy? This thing is a tool!

I noticed a group of the neighbors up the street sort of looking my way while I gave

Sherby a bath in the driveway. Here is what I imagined that they were saying:

a. Why, a man of his age with that devil hot rod!

b. Did that SOB win the lottery?

c. We had better hide the children!

d. <bleep>, I wish I knew him better.

Speaking of neighbors. Only one of mine has said anything. All he said was, "I like your new toy!".

Toy? This thing is a tool!

I noticed a group of the neighbors up the street sort of looking my way while I gave

Sherby a bath in the driveway. Here is what I imagined that they were saying:

a. Why, a man of his age with that devil hot rod!

b. Did that SOB win the lottery?

c. We had better hide the children!

d. <bleep>, I wish I knew him better.

e. D@mn I wish he would put some pants on as that thong speedo is not flattering.

:D

Just over 4500 miles on #339. I think the difference in these miles from most other SGT's though is that they've been covered in kilometers!! :D Apart from the initial drive in the US from Alabama down to Ft. Lauderdale to get the car on the ship, the remainder have been covered in Italy, Monaco, France, Spain, Luxembourg, Belgium and Holland. So far...

Sorry it's taken me this long to get active on the forum, considering I've been following it for the last few months. So I'd just like to say hello to everyone, thanks for the great info posted in the forum. I felt like I already got to know the car before ever even seeing it.

I'll start posting my own inputs, thoughts, stories and pics now I've had the chance to get some insight on the new ride.

Regards,

Shannon

Just over 4500 miles on #339. I think the difference in these miles from most other SGT's though is that they've been covered in kilometers!! :D Apart from the initial drive in the US from Alabama down to Ft. Lauderdale to get the car on the ship, the remainder have been covered in Italy, Monaco, France, Spain, Luxembourg, Belgium and Holland. So far...

Sorry it's taken me this long to get active on the forum, considering I've been following it for the last few months. So I'd just like to say hello to everyone, thanks for the great info posted in the forum. I felt like I already got to know the car before ever even seeing it.

I'll start posting my own inputs, thoughts, stories and pics now I've had the chance to get some insight on the new ride.

Regards,

Shannon

Welcome aboard!

Regards,

Shannon

Wow! Our first overseas member!

• 2 years later...

17k and some change on SGT3184! It was built to be driven! and after driving my stupid Kia for 4 days I need/deserve the smile that only the SGT can bring to your face.

Archived