TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Bold Moves episode 4 is up and running

I think this will be interesting for most. My job has allowed me to see a lot of the inside of auto plants, but for most folks, this may be their best view into what a car plant looks like.

John

Bold Moves Episode 4

hey coldwater, is it hot as hell up there also?? just about unbearable here. I've got an old van that I dump a can of freon into every month or so. Glad I've been keeping up with it

John

I think this will be interesting for most. My job has allowed me to see a lot of the inside of auto plants, but for most folks, this may be their best view into what a car plant looks like.

John

Bold Moves Episode 4

hey coldwater, is it hot as hell up there also?? just about unbearable here. I've got an old van that I dump a can of freon into every month or so. Glad I've been keeping up with it

John

That is an awesome video that shows what many outsiders never get to see. Thanks for posting it

YES it's frigging HOT here too...It's a cool 89 in southern Michigan today but as of late its been 92 to 94....Glad I have a Pool for days like these! Oh yeah, I almost forgot, Thanks again for the frontline John :shift:

John

Bold Moves Episode 4

John

Very interesting amazing what we can view sitting at home. We sure weren`t able to see them build the 65 to 70`s

Thanks John for the post.

P.s Was that a shaker 1000 going in the trunk???

That is an awesome video that shows what many outsiders never get to see.

Our Mustang club (the Golden Horseshoe Mustang Association) was privileged to be invited to tour the facility last year. There are some photos here but, unfortunately, we weren't allowed to take pictures inside the plant.

We were taken through every step of the process from stamping out body panels to leak testing the windows on the finished car. It's truly amazing to see how these things are put together.

I wish we could go back to see the Shelbys being put together...

Our Mustang club (the Golden Horseshoe Mustang Association) was privileged to be invited to tour the facility last year. There are some photos here but, unfortunately, we weren't allowed to take pictures inside the plant.

We were taken through every step of the process from stamping out body panels to leak testing the windows on the finished car. It's truly amazing to see how these things are put together.

I wish we could go back to see the Shelbys being put together...

Joe: Great pictures . What do you have on order & what dealer did you order from if you don`t mind me asking? I`am a also a member of G.H.M.A but couldn`t make the tour asthey kept changing the date of the tour

Yes and it looked like it took a crane to get it up and in there!!?? :o

It’s an ergonomics issue with the unions & in most work places. Having to pick up any bulky object with any amount of weight so many times a day can lead to fatigue & injuries, thus using an overhead counter-balanced device to pick something up makes it easier to install with minimal complaining & effort…kind of like telling your kids to put out the trash so you don’t have to do it deal, it gets the job done with minimal effort on your behalf.

What do you have on order & what dealer did you order from if you don`t mind me asking?

I haven't officially placed my order yet though I did put a deposit down on May 11 of last year at Erinwood Ford. I'm number 5 on the list and I'm waiting to get the call to go in and finalize the deal.

Still haven't decided on a colour though. I'm leaning towards blue with white stripes but the red with white is awfully nice too. Once I get the call I'll make the final decision.

It's too bad you couldn't make it to the tour. Hopefully they'll arrange another one.

Guest evilchris

That vid is not Job 1.

Numer 1 is G. Orange with Tungsten stripes

Wrong. The Barret Jackson auction car was actually the 2nd car to be built.

Wrong. The Barret Jackson auction car was actually the 2nd car to be built.

The auction was for the rights to the 1st production Shelby GT500 Mustang to be built for the public. If this guy didn't get #1 Then who got it? He paid $660,000 too get it & I think he did considering it got press coverage & it is listed on the site with an article?

The auction was for the rights to the 1st production Shelby GT500 Mustang to be built for the public. If this guy didn't get #1 Then who got it? He paid $660,000 too get it & I think he did considering it got press coverage & it is listed on the site with an article?

You know what I think? I think that guys said the wrong thing. They said that it was the "very first" time the 5.4 would be installed. Must have been the 1st PP build.

I heard in the episode that talks about the build process, "that up til now, the 4.6 litre 3 valve 300 horse engine was the most powerful engine ever installed in a mustang" uugh, what about the CobraJet 429 in the Boss? and more recently the 4.6L 4 valve 390+ HP engine in the 03-04 Terminator?

Archived